Work permit issue

Why does a player get accepted for a work permit when transferred then a week later it say's he needs one? what a complete waste of money. I just bought an Ozy (as you do) from a European club and I appealed against the work permit and got it accepted for the player. A week or so later it flags up 'WP' saying he needs one. Why?

I now have to send him over to Belgium for 3 years. Can someone explain in laymans terms what is the criteria for a work permit in Europe?

I expect you didn't read the screen properly. I've had this before where the appeal is denied but the player can sign anyway but then have to qualify for the work permit whilst at your club. Is a pain. It happened to me with a sick Brazilian full back, but he was a start signing on 30k + per week so couldn't afford to not have him playing for 3 yrs, had to flog him in the end.

Does anyone actually know the criteria? because I have 4 players needing WP in my team and can't play them for at least 3 years as they need to be loaned out to a Belgium team to get a WP.

iirc they need to have played 75% of their national teams matches in the last 2 years, or be of exceptional quality (which is determined by reputation and CA/PA iirc)

Does that take into account u-21s?

Pretty sure that it doesn't officially, but an U21s player for a good footballing nation can usually fit the "exceptional quality" criteria - so it's generally safe to go for U21 Brazilian internationals, for instance.

Archived