Are assistant managers still useless?

I like them to be good man managers so they report complcaceny accurately and that they have good JPA and JPP..

About the in-match feedback, keep in mind that sometimes when he reports "the player xxx has misplaced many passes into the opposition" it's not actually true, since the ME reads clearing headers and free kicks that didn't connect as misplaced passes.. better to check them through analysis!

I like them to be good man managers so they report complcaceny accurately and that they have good JPA and JPP..

About the in-match feedback, keep in mind that sometimes when he reports "the player xxx has misplaced many passes into the opposition" it's not actually true, since the ME reads clearing headers and free kicks that didn't connect as misplaced passes.. better to check them through analysis!

Agree about your last point. The generic one about the team is often right though.

I actually found the AssMan who starts at West Ham to be very good. He wants too much compo for the club to mutually terminate his contract so I kept him.

His stats aint that great but I let him do all the press conferences and he's been great at them. Thats a big improvement from FM10 because not one of my AssMen in that version were any good with the press.

Many of the players in my West Ham saves now have my AssMan as fav personel and after conferences there's usually at least two players with the PR tag.

His pre match advice could be a tad better but his stats aint great after all.

All in all, Ive had no problems with any AssMen in this version of FM.

If I have an assistant with good...

Man Management

Motivation

Judging Player Ability

Tactical Knowledge

...then I'm happy with most of their advice.

Only "most" I hear you say? Well... I am the manager and I do have the final say ;)

Archived