Daft question about strikers and footing

I personally like to have a right-footed strike on the left side(and the other way around).. when they are 1-1 with the keeper they will have a better angle to shoot at by cutting inside.

Of course if you want them to be more of a creative striker that will go to the byline and cross as well.. it's better to just put him on the "right side"

If you play with advanced AML and AMR, you can play them as inside forwards.

The automatic instructions for this duty is to cut inside.

Therefore, playing a player on the wrong side of the pitch to his prefered foot is an advantage in this situation, as he will be cutting inside often on to his prefered foot.

You can always instruct the inside forwards to swap positions at random times during a match to mix it up a bit,

You can also train the player in the PPM "Cuts Inside" and he will average far less crosses in a game.

Interesting. I play in a 4-4-2 most of the time and have a AML/AMR, and it did seem to me that they were going inside most of the time. I had a goal drought w/ them on their proper side, so I switched them (R on the left side, L on the R) and have had two great games in a row. Was curious..

I put my pacey striker on the left if he is right footed, it basicly gives him a better angle on the goal and more of the goal to aim at, if he was on the right he would be trying to get the stike between the goalkeeper and the near post where as on the left he could aim for anywhere in the goal (it makes more sense if you try and put yourself in his position) of course a target man is going to be hitting the majority of balls with his head so it doesn't matter as much.

With inside forwards having at least resonable with the weaker foot gives them a lot more options. They can cut inside or cross the ball, if i have two up front there is realy no point in having two inside forwards, have one cutting in on the side where the striker is dropping deeper and the other just sticks to supplying crosses and helping out in defense behind the more advanced forward.

Archived