Can anyone see properly when playing in snow?

Anyone who has red-green colorblindness will really struggle since the "snow" has a greenish cast and the "orange" ball is more pink, and darn near impossible to see. And then the inevitable shadow (which shows up regardless of weather) is much more prominent and distracting.

i really don't see what the fuss is about xD horrible orange ball is easy to see, and the occasional giant snowflake makes me imagine people in the crowd gettin crushed by snow :D

you have got a point regarding the giant snow flake very disturbing:D

I have no problems during snowy matches.

One thing I will bring up though... played a match earlier when it was -4 Celcius in heavy snow in the Northern Premier League Premier Division. When we had such weather for the past couple of weeks, every single match in the Northern Premier League was postponed until the snow cleared. Weather postponements are something SI need to look at as there are nowhere near enough.

As I only ever use the elevated camera view, it seems ok to me, but is it any specific camera views that either enhance or diminish the viewing "experience" any?

In two seasons of my current AFC Telford save, I've only had one match with snow.

Would agree with Nobby_McDonald about the chance of postponements during winter increasing though.

As I only ever use the elevated camera view, it seems ok to me, but is it any specific camera views that either enhance or diminish the viewing "experience" any?

Which one is the elevated view. I play with the one thats almost fixed at the halfway line and that pans left and right - the snow was annoying, but it didnt stop me watching. (annoying like windscreen wiper blades, sometimes on motorways I find myself watching the wipers rather than the road - similar here, I was watching the snow fall, not the players.)

Definately not colour blind Maidel - not taken as an insult so don't worry!

hehe.

Must be terrible if you are - wont be able to see man united/ liverpool/ arsenal etc players, just there socks and faces.

But back on topic - I had the snow flake of doom that refused to fall - it just stayed there, every time the camera panned it moved left and right, but never fell down - it was big enough to hide most of a player!

Anyone who has red-green colorblindness will really struggle since the "snow" has a greenish cast and the "orange" ball is more pink, and darn near impossible to see. And then the inevitable shadow (which shows up regardless of weather) is much more prominent and distracting.

Yeah, it's impossible.

Which one is the elevated view. I play with the one thats almost fixed at the halfway line and that pans left and right - the snow was annoying, but it didnt stop me watching. (annoying like windscreen wiper blades, sometimes on motorways I find myself watching the wipers rather than the road - similar here, I was watching the snow fall, not the players.)

Sounds like you're using the "Main Stand" camera view.

To change views,

Match View Controls -----> View/Camera ------> select "Elevated".

Yeah, it's impossible.

I don't believe you!

;)

Out if interest, which motorways do you tend to drive on? I'd like to know which ones to avoid!

I want to know how he passed his driving test if he watches his windscreen wipers rather than the road.

Probably took it on a sunny day! Or at least one where it wasn't raining, it is Britain after all.

On topic, I find it less clear than when the weather is normal, but that's probably to be expected.

I want to know how he passed his driving test if he watches his windscreen wipers rather than the road.

HAHA - I would have you know, I passed my driving test 12 weeks after my 17th birthday after having had only 10 lessons.

And yes - it was a very sunny day!

I had the snow flake of doom that refused to fall - it just stayed there, every time the camera panned it moved left and right, but never fell down - it was big enough to hide most of a player!

It must have embedded itself on your frozen camera lens.

Archived