Question about Positions

So, say a player is a DL as a natural position, and under "Other positions" he's Accomplished at ML too. Is he 100% fine with playing ML, or just something like 90%? I would expect this sort of number to be in the FMRTE editor or some other editor, I don't know as I don't use them.

I have a problem playing players out of position, even if they're accomplished, I want them to be 100% natural if I'm gonna play them in any position.

Ok, thanks, that helps me a bit.

I have a pretty good regen, but he ONLY plays as MC. I'm trying to shape him into becoming ML as that's my most problematic position right now. After a few months he's Ineffectual there. Should I give up on it or keep doing what I'm doing and hope he eventually becomes Accomplished?

Natural gets a rating of 20/20.

Accomplished gets a rating of something like 18/20, i.e. 90% effective.

The next one down is something like 15 (75%) and the last one (awkward?) I think is 12 (60%)

If your attempts to retrain a player for some time brings no result, it's because his hidden attribute 'versatility' is too low. Yes, give up and bring someone else in.

What phnompenhandy offered is perhaps the most accurate appraisal, especially regarding "versatility" and development.

Do be mindful of the suitability of the player attributes suiting the role you're using though too. I have had players with ideal attributes for a positional role, who never progress beyond "Competent" or "Accomplished", but perform exceptionally well.

Archived