A list of things to make the game more fluid

I don't wanna post this in the bugs forum, cause most of these aren't bugs, just suggestions that I've gathered after now having played the game for a few seasons.

Please do not take this as moaning. I really love the game and think it's completely playable unlike many others in this forum, but it's not perfect and I'd really like to see the current features fixed before adding new ones.

Relevant questions in press conferences

The current state of press conferences is a bit of a click fest to hit the "right" answer. There isn't really big variety in questions, and sometimes it's also not relevant. For example if I have 7 straight wins in the league and then proceed to draw at home vs a team in the bottom of the league, the first question in the press conference should not be about whether I can keep my fantastic run going or not. My draw vs this team is an obvious failure and I want that to be the topic of discussion. I don't feel like having to give praise after 0-0 just cause we're still unbeaten in however many games.

Too many missed chances

This one is pretty obvious for anyone who has played the game for a while. It's just too easy to beat defenders and get a goal scoring chance, but beating the keeper is much, much harder. I don't believe this reflects real life at all. I still feel the scorelines are fairly realistic though, so maybe this isn't extremely urgent.

Time wasting for ages

This has happened on a few occasions for me, it's pretty frustrating. If I'm down one goal near the end of a game, sometimes their goalie will take upwards 40 seconds to hit a goal kick. Same if they get a corner or a throw-in. Yes, time wasting is certainly a very real thing but you don't see players in real life just standing still and doing nothing for almost a minute without it warranting a yellow from the ref.

Dangerman comments

God I really can't stand these. They're so completely random and unimportant. Sometimes they highlight my DL and the guy hasn't scored in two seasons, how the hell can he be a dangerman? How is this not filterable? It just adds clutter to an already overflowing inbox of things I really could live without.

Sound disappearing in match

Bug. If you go to the tactics screen during a match and cancel your changes, or if you use the slider to replay goals, sometimes the sound will disappear and only come back in spurts for the rest of the game. Not a big deal though but still a bug.

Player joins a club, rejects my offer but I didn't bid for him

I've seen this a few times, some unknown player signs for a club, and it says he "rejected the offer from -INSERT MY TEAM HERE-". I was nowhere near the guy, yet he rejected the offer from me somehow.

Match ratings, all is relative..

I feel that if I'm a top club, churning out consistently good results, I'm warranted in thinking a 6.5 rating isn't good enough for one of my strikers. The best example I have is when David Villa a bit into season 3 for me started under-performing. He had been a giant up until that, winning all sorts of awards, but now suddenly he had a 6.4 rating or something for his 5 latest games. He's level-headed, so I approached him saying it's not good enough. He felt it was unfair. Has happened with other players too. C'mon now, all is relative, I am in my right to expect more when the rest of the team get above 7 ratings. The system needs to be a bit smarter sometimes.

Player rejects contract from current club when he's already agreed terms with me

Exactly what it says. Have seen this once or twice. A player is about to sign in a few months for me when the transfer window opens, so how can they still be offering him a contract? Does not compute.

Screwing players over

This stood out as pretty shocking to me. I signed De Gea as a back-up goalie, but to get his signature I had to make a lot of empty promises, saying he would be a key player etc. He eventually signed, and I immediately changed his status to Rotation player. He was immediately vocal about this, but I basically said I'm the boss, and he then said Sorry boss, I was out of line and felt he had a "good relationship with me". lol come on, I just completely screwed him over after he entered the club doors, and he's ok with it. Right..

Ball hits woodwork way too often, own goals happen way too often

Exactly what it says. I'm pretty sure most would agree..

Letting players know you're dropping them

I don't think there's an option for telling players you're dropping them for a few games/indefinitely due to bad performances or wanting to test someone else out. This should be a fairly basic thing to tell someone. As it stands now you can just tell a player you're resting him cause he's tired, or threaten to transfer list him due to bad performances. There should be something in the middle. There's something wrong with the game if you can tell a player obscure things like trying overhead kicks more, but not convey to them in a normal respectful fashion that you're dropping them for a while..[/b]

Injury bug

Surely this is a bug. One of my key players got injured in a game. I clicked his profile and it said Potential knee injury. After the game my physio informed me the player has a fractured arm. heh. Maybe his knee got better, but he had an arm accident in the locker room, who knows..

Ok, that's my list.

The most important issues I feel relate to smartness within the game. The tiny bugs that don't really effect the playability I can live with, but player & media interaction need a fix imo.

About the "Player joins a club, rejects my offer but I didn't bid for him". It could be that your reserve team coach made an offer for him. It happend to me sometimes also,especialy in Spain where the reserve teams are almost completly different teams.

Dangerman comments - the dangerman doesn't always have to be the person that will score the goals. it is attributed in the game as one of your players with a high reputation/CA/PA iirc. if the left back has been playing brilliantly all season then he would be a player to watch and it would make sense.

Match ratings - IMO anything under 6.0 deserves a warning, anything above 9.0 deserves praise, anything else is a reasonable performance

Injury bug

Surely this is a bug. One of my key players got injured in a game. I clicked his profile and it said Potential knee injury. After the game my physio informed me the player has a fractured arm. heh. Maybe his knee got better, but he had an arm accident in the locker room, who knows..

That one although quite poor, actually made me chuckle. :)

Made me think of the phrase, "don't know your arse from your elbow".

Manager: I thought you said he'd hurt his knee?

Physio: Sorry boss, whilst I was looking at his leg, he was standing on his head and toppled over, thus fracturing his arm. :p

You've raised some good points in a very constructive manner though. Far more refreshing to read than rant threads. :)

Archived