Best PC

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right thread, so if you want to move it somewhere else, please do.

what I would like get some feedback on is

1) the PCs that are running the games without any issues (in terms of crashes)

2) the PCs that are most effcient at running the game

could someone from the SI team please advise at to which PC type thewy have fewest problems with and why ? i.e. quality graphics card etc.

I appreaciatte that SI may not want to endorse a PC, but any help would be appreciated

thanks

Lee

yes,

I understand this,

but the game is crashing for some and not others (or at least I assume not for others).

what I would like to know is are there pcs out there with the recomended spec that are having problems / is there a pattern to the problems (or conversely is it random) and what is the best approach to buying a pc to minimise the risk of the game crashing.

I only use the pc for sorting photos and playing Football manager (as ther other game sI play are on the PS3) and I have access to other pcs for the internet etc.

maybe to simplify things the questyions is

who is running the game without any problems on a recently new pc - and what is it?

thanks

Lee

my PC is recently new (well, within the last 7/8months or so...)

basic spec is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB

and its on a Gigabyte MA770 motherboard.

I'm able to run all leagues as playable and it's reasonably quick BUT I have had a couple of crash-dumps. I will say that I was doing quite a lot of other things at the time which may or may not have contributed. I'm saving once per month only and would like to save less often but don't want to risk it because of the crashes.

my PC is recently new (well, within the last 7/8months or so...)

basic spec is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB

and its on a Gigabyte MA770 motherboard.

I'm able to run all leagues as playable and it's reasonably quick BUT I have had a couple of crash-dumps. I will say that I was doing quite a lot of other things at the time which may or may not have contributed. I'm saving once per month only and would like to save less often but don't want to risk it because of the crashes.

many thanks for taking the time to reply - you are running all the leagues - how long does it take to run a typical set of fixtures + do you have it so it cannot be interupted?

On a quad core like an i7 I don't think the fixtures will cause the most delays when you run all leagues because it'll be able to process 8 matches at a time. It's the processing between matchdays that I think will slow it down because that is only able to use 1 thread. Haven't tried it myself though, but I'm thinking of loading up all leagues after the final patch.

On a quad core like an i7 I don't think the fixtures will cause the most delays when you run all leagues because it'll be able to process 8 matches at a time. It's the processing between matchdays that I think will slow it down because that is only able to use 1 thread. Haven't tried it myself though, but I'm thinking of loading up all leagues after the final patch.

what pc would you recomend then?

I was looking at the Acer Predator G5900-2 http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-predator-g5900-2-07677378-pdt.html

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-650 Processor

- 3.2 GHz

- 2.5 GT/s DMI

- 4 MB Smart Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 6 GB RAM

- DDR3

- 8 GB maximum RAM capacity

Graphics card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 340

- 1 GB dedicated memory

Hard drive 1 TB SATA hard drive 5400 rpm

Optical disk drive DVD-RW (Write speed: CDR: 52x / CDRW: 12x / DVD+/-R: 8x / DVD+/-RW: 4x)

many thanks for taking the time to reply - you are running all the leagues - how long does it take to run a typical set of fixtures + do you have it so it cannot be interupted?

To be honest I don't know how long it takes... I don't find it overly slow is all I can say. I can interrupt when it's processing but that seems to take some time to take effect (which is probably the only bug-bear).

I'm doing other things at the same time as playing, which is why I'm not ale to give a specific estimation on how long. I can play a game on a Saturday afternoon, click continue and go to the loo and it will have finished processing before I get back (I have hyper-threading enabled which helps).

Sorry I can't be more specific :)

Archived