[11.2] Changing a nation's population (field enabled in editor)

Digma

I have managed to enable the field for 'population' in the editor by editting the XML's. When you edit a nation you get to see the usual information on the 'details' tab and at the bottom I added 'population', including a text field with the contents of that field representing the correct population as set in the database. So retrieving information works.

Now I have tried editting it for both existing nations and new nations (I also enable the add button for nations), but for some reason the value in the population field gets reverted back to its original value. When looking at the 'changes' tab it shows what I have done, but it's just missing the tick in the succes box.

Is there something I am overlooking? Something I should have editted as well? I have been browsing through the various XML files, but couldn't find anything that related to the population field not being allowed to edit (or better, I looked for one of the already existing fields to see if there was something that set it to allow change (not literally looked for this string of course) yes/no).

Anyone who can help me with this?

You have my graditude in advance :)

• 1 year later...

Mate, I did the same as well but then got stuck. I think it has something to do with the UID, like the value is attached to the UID.

MAYBE it can be changed in a way similar to changing the national flag....I am not sure but I am only suggesting that it might be the case...

So far I searched through the entire forum and seems like there isn't a way to edit it for now. I do hope someone can try to figure out a way to edit this, since I want my game, even the cosmetic details, to look perfect to me.

Some sort of dynamic polulation counter thing would be great, it has been suggested for a long time now.

I think as its only a cosmetic thing its not high on SIs list to provide for us in either an automatic capacity or an editable one.

One day it might be available buit currently no, this forum has had its best minds on it!

Just had a look at the editor (FM12) and I can see from the top post population has to be enabled to be seen but wouldn't the game calculate the population according to cities assigned to the nation and the population range of the cities ?, so even if you changed the Overall nation population it would revert back to the original number if you get my drift .

Just had a look at the editor (FM12) and I can see from the top post population has to be enabled to be seen but wouldn't the game calculate the population according to cities assigned to the nation and the population range of the cities ?, so even if you changed the Overall nation population it would revert back to the original number if you get my drift .

Population in the game is not a calculated number, its a fixed one. Also you can edit it but it will not make a difference in the game either sadly, it still shows the "hard coded" one whatever you do.

Archived