Anybody want to help with some new software?

maxt19

And by help i mean, basically write the whole software..

The idea is a program that reads the FM database, or the Editor database, to generate the list of say, every club UID in the game, then compare that with the config or filenames from a folder of logos/faces etc to generate, the end product, a list of the UID's that aren't present within that folder.. In short, a list of missing UID's so a logo/face megapack creater knows what's missing.. instead of tirelessly trawling through the game finding blanks.

So anybody know how to do it? Want to help do it? Any feedback/info at all? Thanks

I think you'll have to depend on the individual programmer who has the time and will to do it. There have been programs in the past would could do just what you are looking for but the time it consumed to re-create one every year was just too costly for most programmers to continue.

On top of that, directly accessing the database and perhaps eventually putting it online is illegal.

If I am not mistaken they access the database from the game end so to speak, not the RAW database. All the editing and in-game tools basically manipulate your savegame, that is basically a processed database. The original database is huge and looks a whole lot different from what you'd expect (yes, I have seen it in the past and kind of know how it is build up, though I am no programmer). With the RAW database in hand you have a huge amount of resources for which SI spent a lot of money to gather.

Archived