FM 11: The official Primera División de México discussion thread

SMPL

pumasd.jpg

Pumas usually finish around 10th but that is there history. I just want a job at a Mexican club any will do really as long as they have a bit of cash which most of them do as the game goes on. I am doing a challenge to win all the continent competitions so need to get Man United to win the European Champions League and then head to Mexico for the NACL.

The Mexican league is rated at 3 stars which is level with the MLS. Out of the South American nations it is the same as Brazil and half a star less than the Argentine First Division. Mexico would be higher if they had performed at the Libertadores Monterrey won it 3 seasons a go and Cruz Azul have been runner-up twice but it is dominated by Argentinian and Brazilian teams.

Cheers for that AcidBurn :thup:

Pumas - Mexican First Division Closing Season Review - 2012

Don't think I could have envisaged a better end to the season. Almost completely flawless!

League Table & Group Table

- Home and Away stats

La Liguilla (The Playoffs)

- All scores are on aggregate over two legs.

Past Positions

Average Points Over 3 Years

- Determines relegation.

North American Champions League

Finances

Squad

Key Players

Felipe: Had a great season, progressing even better than his first season in Mexico. Settled really well and was a huge difference between us being average and brilliant upfront.

Augusto: Showing why age is only a number. Getting a shed load of assists, mostly from corners, freekicks, but a chunk were some sublime defence splitting passes which he should get some credit for.

Raul: For 20 this guy is a real joy to have, scored some tremendous individual goals as well as some great team play. Very hard worker, too. Stepped in confidently when Cacho wasn't firing on all cylinders and kept us in with an attacking mindset.

Teja: Brought this guy up to the first team initally just for a group game which meant nothing, but he really impressed and after some first team games I was happy to keep him there. He warranted his new contract so now I have a young, solid LB for a few more seasons.

It's hard to pick a fault with the team and there were hardly any players who drastically under-performed. Will be shipping players out in the transfer window though.

Player Awards

Player of the Season: 1. Leandro Augusto 2. Felipe 3. Gimenez

Top Goalscorer: 1. Sabah 2. Felipe 3. Coria

Young Player of the Season: 1. Raul Servin 2. Omar Gonzalez 3. Calderon

Attacker of the Season: 1. Felipe 2. Cacho 3. Sabah

GK of the Season: 1. Vanderlei 2. Corona 3. Ochoa

Central Defender of the Season: 1. Palacios 2. Al-Kamali 3. Omar Gonzalez

Fullback of the Season: 1. Israel Jimenez 2. Ivan Estrada 3. Castro

DM of the Season: 1. Francisco Torres 2. Luis Robles 3. Abner Frausto

AM of the Season: 1. Antonio 2. Calderon 3. Danilnho

Manager of the Season: 1. Me 2. Carlos Reinoso 3. Fernando Quirarte

Pre-Season 2012/13

Season Aims

Good end to last season so looking to carry on that good form into this season. Hopfeully have a good World Club Championship campaign to boot. I was taking the team into awful financial difficulties with high player wages and splashing out on expensive players. So my aim for the transfer window was to move on the higher earners, especially the older lot and look to bring through the youth and play an emphasis on that area.

Friendlies brought in about £1m which was very much needed.

Transfer History 1 & 2

Busy window then, many outs, majority youth who had no future so I let their contracts expire.

Notable outs:

- Cacho, even though he was firing goals in for fun for 2 seasons, his age and £16,750 p/w wage meant he had to go. I'm still a bit skeptical whether I have a good enough replacement yet and if there's an injury to Felipe I could be in trouble.

- Jose de Santiago, another striker I decided to sell, wasn't featuring and was definitely not the replacement for Cacho I needed.

- Leandro Augusto, biggest departure I feel. Very loyal player who was phenominal over the 2 season I have used him. At 33 and £15,000 it was a no-brainer financial to get rid, I have good cover for this position.

Finances

Chairman chucked £3.5m at the club to get us out of a bit of difficulty, which was before I sold the players and get prize money etc. At one point we were £-150k! Now up to £12m, so looking much better.

Youth Prospects at the Club

Andrés Romero (YP1)

Miguel Ángel Ruíz (YP2)

Luis Guillermo Hernández (YP3)

Roberto Rodríguez (YP4)

Jorge García (YP5)

Francisco de la Cruz (YP6)

Ricardo Hernández (YP7)

Well done Mikal, that was a pretty tough route to win the NACL in particular. Good to see your finances raised as well, a good WCC and another few trophies hopefully will get you secure long term though with better sponsorships ect, you also have the benefit of quite a large stadium so now that you've started getting trophies more people will obviously want to come (I suffered badly with this at Cruz Azul when big games came along because it was only a 35k stadium and we never sold out in enough games to warrant a new ground)

Well done Mikal, that was a pretty tough route to win the NACL in particular. Good to see your finances raised as well, a good WCC and another few trophies hopefully will get you secure long term though with better sponsorships ect, you also have the benefit of quite a large stadium so now that you've started getting trophies more people will obviously want to come (I suffered badly with this at Cruz Azul when big games came along because it was only a 35k stadium and we never sold out in enough games to warrant a new ground)

Cheers, yeah the finances are looking much healthier now and just need to keep progressing!

Pumas - Mexican First Division Opening Stage Review - 2012

Lovely start to the campaign, clear progression in the team is a joy to see.

- Home and Away Stats

La Liguilla

Past Positions

SuperLiga

Champions Trophy

Club World Championship

Finances

Squad

Key Players

Felipe: Unstoppable, an absolute goal machine 37 goals in 32 games says it all. Is currently injured for another 7 weeks which is a massive, massive blow.

Antônio: What a guy. Really came in to his own this season and with the added responsibility of taking set pieces I was really relying on something special from this guy and my word has he contributed. His 37 assists and 9 goals have really gone along way in helping the team be as successful as it has been. Major interest from top clubs so be interesting to see if I can keep hold of him.

Mid-Season Transfer History

Needed to bring in a backup keeper, as I sold my last one because of his age and wage, and I had to play a 17 year old for 7 games and was largely at fault for the majority of goals we conceded. So brought in Liborio Sanchez for £400k, is only 23 and looks pretty solid, will definitely do a job for backup.

I also needed cover at CB as my only cover is a completely numpty and can't get anything right. I looked for more established players but there was nobody about worth the money, so I brought Vladimir García a 19 year old newgen for £400k whose stats look pretty decent and hopefully he can progress well at the club.

Pumas – Mexican First Division Closing Stage Review – 2013

Solid finish to the season, starting to dominate the league.

- Home and Away Stats

La Liguilla (The Playoffs)

- All scores are on aggregate over two legs.

Past Positions

Average Points Over 3 Years

- Determines Relegation.

Finances

Squad

Key Players

Felipe: Fantastic season, really kept us as a high scoring club, definitely one of the best strikers in the league.

Antonio: An assist machine. Will pick out any player from that right hand side, a real threat and with over 50 assists for the season it’s clear to see why big clubs are now starting to sniff around. May have to tie him up on a long contract soon.

Vanderlei: To complete the Brazilian rout of key players, my keeper has been tremendous between the sticks and it was all to noticeable when he wasn’t there. Solid and very consistent.

Cortes: Didn’t realise how versatile he was until this season. Originally on the left, then moved to MC, then on the right as backup, then when I only had 1 striker for months I moved him upfront where he really excelled. Scoring more than I could have hoped and contributing to assists as well. Great young player.

Player Awards

Player of the Season: 1. Antonio 2. Cortes 3. Vargas

Top Goalscorer: 1. Felipe [w. 35] 2. Vargas 3. Marquez Lugo

Young Player of the Season: 1. Antonio 2. Cortes 3. Alfonso Nieto

Attacker of the Season: 1. Felipe 2. Vargas 3. Hector Mancilla

GK of the Season: 1. Vanderlei 2. Pinto 3. Jesus Corona

Central Defender of the Season: 1. Palacios 2. Omar Gonzalez 3. Osvaldo Gonzalez

Fullback of the Season: 1. Israel Jimenez 2. Ricardo Osorio 3. Teja

DM of the Season: 1. Fernando Espinosa

AM of the Season: 1. Antonio 2. Cortes 3. Baba Collins

Manager of the Season: 1. Me 2. Tomás Boy 3. Sergio Bueno

Additional Information

The board are installing under-soil heating at a cost of £2m. Will take 2 months to complete

The board are upgrading the youth facilities at a cost of £6.75m. Will only take a short time to complete.

May not be playing as regularly with the Pumas so updates might not be as frequent. The save is still alive though.

Mikal some good updates have you thought of opening a thread in the careers forum?

For what it's worth Puebla are completely dominating Mexico on my game despite the tycoon pulling his funding, in fact they have been better since their status went to secure finances rather than rich.

Mikal some good updates have you thought of opening a thread in the careers forum?

Thanks. I did think about it the other day when I was doing my final update, but wasn't sure if I was too far ahead for people to really be bothered to follow. I have just started a thread in there for a journeyman save I want to attempt, so when I get around to playing this save and having updates I may just leave them in here. Hopefully it would get other people involved in Mexico as it is a really fun league to manage.

How is your search for a Mexican team coming along anyway?

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm..................very tempting. Giving Mexico some thought at the moment - maybe Pumas or Atlas, but that could change. The teams being decimated by international call-ups is a bit off-putting.

Has the TV money/finances been sorted out? Or is money generally not a problem after a season or two anyway?

• 2 months later...

Is anyone playing in Mexico, it is probably the most fun league I have ever played in. In my save it is 2026 a year a go I took over Puebla who have a rich chairman who gives around £20 million a season to spend and pays off any debts. Upon joining I knew they had won the Libertadores for the past two years in a row so I needed to win it and did along with nearly every other trophy going.

There are loads of matches to play if you do well I was playing a match every 2 or 3 days towards the end of the season.

This is a very well set up thread and should really get more attention than it does.

I'm in there now, managing Morelia. Came 2nd in the Opening Stage but lost in the Semi Final to Pumas (I was predicted 7th) and now 3rd in the Closing stage after 6 games.Only real signings are Erick Torres and Diego Reyes (both young mexicans) as well as a couple of other players for about £3.6m all together, as well as bringing in £5.5m in transfers. Hopefully sell another bunch of players next year and free up some wages.

Oh and I won the Superliga at the start of the season too. Great fun so far, really close, competitive league!

Archived