Steffen Iversen

d2024p

Hey all, just wondering if anyone's signed him yet and, if so, does he still do a job even though he's not got as many legs as he used to (think he's now down to 2).

I'm managing West Ham, on a tight budget (got about 150k left), and I think it's fair to say we're a little light on the striker front. Carlton's OK but, who'd have guessed it, he misses the target rather a lot. Piquionne is OK but nothing more than that. Benni Mac has great stats but I'd rather play Mother Brown herself than bother bringing him on the the 20 minutes he can manage to run without needing resus.

I can't really afford a class poacher, but have a decent attacking midfield and would like someone who can bring Carlton and my MF into play. I can get Iversen for 95k, and pay him about 8k per week on a 1 or 2 year contract, and I'm thinking that just for his aerial ability, work rate and skill at holding up the ball he could do a job at least for a season and keep the board happy. So I'm just wondering if anyone's had any luck with him and if so, what's the best way to play him to get the most out of him?

As a side note, I picked up Jordi Gomez on the cheap (about 200k). His stats say he's quite good so I'm going to try him and see how he gets on. Think I'll need to sell Parker before too long as he's getting seriously unhappy and Jordi may be able to fill in for a while. Is he any good or have I just signed a turkey?

Any advice welcome, apologies for the noobishness, it's my first FM since '07. Cheers.

Archived