[FM11] Constantly on the Pisa

Deisler26

FC Südtirol-Alto Adige

Fcsudtirolstemma.png

2018-19 Season Review

2018-19.jpg

champions2.jpg

TEAM

Well, what an amazing year! Back-to-back titles and promotions as we finish 1st in Serie C1/A as our highest ever position. The year was more of a stroll than I expected to be honest. We battled hard and for all intents and purposes, outclassed a number of established teams in the division. STILL no money and this announcement means that as soon as the clock turns to 1 July and we're seen as in Serie B, then I'm leaving. I've done all I can really and this was the last straw. Stil, I leave in the knowledge that I am now a club legend. We also received two end-of-season awards

TRANSFERS

Nothing in or out.

RESULTS

fixtures2019.jpg

Well, a fantastic run in, marred really by the 1-3 defeat to Pro Vercelli and the horror show that was the 1-4 defeat to Padova. however, that springboarded us onto a 6 game winning streak, including a 2-1 win over title rivals Brescia which put the title firmly in my hands and a month later a 1-1 draw with Lumezzane, whilst Brescia lost 2-1 to Varese. meant we were Serie C1/A champs for the first time ever! I didn't have a goal of the season, simply as we don't tend to have spectacular ones, so if I have to nominate, it would be Roberto Mollinelli's 60th minute equaliser against Lumezzane that handed us the title. Sorry I haven't gone into more detail, but it's really depressed me how much of a glass celling there is for these little clubs atm..

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4: Hang about, lads! I've got Hannover idea!

135px-Hannover_96.png

Hannover 96

hannover.jpg

Hannover 96 was founded on 12 April 1896 as Hannoverscher Fußball-Club 1896, upon the suggestion of Ferdinand-Wilhelm Fricke, founder of the Deutscher FV 1878 Hannover.[1] Their initial enthusiasm was for athletics and rugby; football did not become their primary interest until 1899. Most of the membership of Germania 1902 Hannover became part of 96 in 1902, while others of the club formed Hannoverscher Ballspielverein. In 1913, they merged with Ballverein 1898 Hannovera (formed in the 1905 merger of Fußballverein Hannovera 1898 Hannorver and Hannoverscher BV) to become Hannoverscher Sportverein 1896.

Hannoverscher FC's colours were black-white-green, but they played in blue, while BV played in red. The newly united team kept black-white-green as the club colours, but they chose to take to the field in red, giving the team the nickname Die Roten (en: The Reds). The team's third jersey is in the club's official colours.

The club suffered from money problems in the late 70s and again in the early 90s. Then, in 1992, Hannover put together an impressive run that would lead them to the capture of their first DFB-Pokal and help to set their finances right. That run included victories over Bundesliga sides Borussia Dortmund, VfL Bochum, Karlsruher SC, Werder Bremen, and Borussia Mönchengladbach, as they became the first lower division side to win the competition. Hero for the cupwinners was goalkeeper Jörg Sievers who made two saves when the semi-final match went to penalties and then scored the winner in his own turn at the spot. In the cup final, he again made two saves when that match was also decided on penalties.

The team's low point came with demotion to Regionalliga Nord (III) for two years in 1996–98: the fact that the fall from the second league came during their anniversary year unfortunately made them a laughing stock among fans of rival teams for years to come. Hannover made a fresh start with a new team of hungry youngsters, many of whom went on to play for the national team (Gerald Asamoah, Sebastian Kehl, Fabian Ernst) or impress in the Bundesliga. 96 returned to tier II play in 1998, and to the Bundesliga in 2002 on the strength of a record setting 75 point season.

(information from Wikipedia)

RichG - I don't know. I guess Hannover have always been the bigger club in my eyes, plus I like a bit of a challenge too..

AK22 Thanks man. Hannover are in 2.Bundesliga, which is an upgrade to everything I've playing in before (bar the 6 months I spent in Serie A with Pisa). I'm really looking forward to it.

Hannover 96

135px-Hannover_96.png

Transfer Window Update

20 Jan 2020

dec2019.jpg

TEAM

Well. After taking the club over in October, we finish 2019 in 18th and last place in 2.Bundesliga. This team as in dire straits. Bloated salaries, no money, sub-standard players and just a terrible lack of confidence surrounded the club. I was given a £1m transfer kitty and a £200k wage budget, mostly used up! First job was to sack ALL the staff and bring in all my ex-Pisa/Adige staff to help me out. Then I looked at the formations. I eventually decided on a 4-5-1 by the end of 2019 after some failed experiments. No money in the club, so no improvements forthcoming, but the situation isn't as black as at Alto. Also, I finally got annoyed by a player so much that I had to transfer list him. ST Nouha Dicko was counted as the best player at the club, a big strong Malian forward who should be banging them in. However, he banged them anywhere BUT in. Horrifically wasteful and utterly lazy, he had me tearing my hair out for most of the games up to this point!

TRANSFERS

This whole team was rotten and needed major surgery, so I put on my rubber gloves and started to fix. In on free's came DM Eyong Enoh, DC Albert Tskhovrebov, AML Ossi Kanevra and DM Dan Ghita. But, by far the two most important free signings were DM/MC/AMC Jamal Ait Ben Idir and AMR/ST Kevín Miralles. Coming in from former club Alto Adige were captain DM/MC Simone Pasa and DM/MC Amedeo Carboni for £150k and £200k respectively. AMRC Alexander Kuzmanovic came in for £400k from Tromso. Big signing was a 33 year old Andre-Pierre Gignac for £70k from Montpellier SC[/b[, along with two million pound deals for ST Artan Hoxha from Helsingborg for £1.5m and Brazilian MC Tininho came in from Corinthians for £1.1m. D/WB/M/AML Charley Foman was picked up from Hertha Berlin for £275k and young AMC Pedro António came in for £500k from Vitoria Guimaraes.

Outgoing were as many players as I could offload and damn the chemistry. I offloaded the absolute waste of space masquerading as a player, better known as Nouha Dicko (ST, £3.1m, Parma). Also leaving were Yang Sang-Min (D/WB/ML, £675k, Monterrey), Randy Wolters (AMRL, £625k, Birmingham), Marco Holger (DM/MC, £700k, Mainz), Marcus Astvald (AMRC, £2.5m, Blackpool), Damien Perquis (DC, £250k, Derby), Nils-Ole Book (AMC, £190k, Mainz), Andy Corri (DL, £140k, Burnley), Maurice Exslager (ST, £150k, Freiburg), Shane Lowry (DLC, £625k, Nurnberg), Manuel Ferner (AMR/ST, £1.6m, Ingolstadt) and Zoran Creutu (ST, £200k, Xerez). This freed up nearly £80k in salary for all my signings

RESULTS

fixtures2019-1.jpg

My reign as Hannover 96 manager in 2.Bundesliga started with escalating defeats; Oberhausen defeating us 0-1, Lubeck beating us 0-2 and fellow relegation battlers Onasbruck dumped us 0-3. The rot had clearly set in. However, we fought back with a 2-2 draw against Jena, Shane Lowry heading home in the 83rd minute to salvage the draw. We then lost 1-2 to Dusseldorf and 0-1 to VfL Bochum to faceplant ourselves rock bottom of the league. However, we played out of our skins in our next match against Paderborn to win 2-1, Yang Sang-Min netting the winner with a cheeky free-kick. A 0-1 defeat to 3rd placed Hansa Rostock was a bitter, bitter defeat as we hit the woodwork three seperate times, all when we were 0-1 down. This was followed by a great 3-2 win over rivals Eintracht Braunschweig, going 2-0 up before being pegged back and Manuel Ferner settled the match on 75 mins with a glorious lob over the stranded keeper. We ended 2019 with a 0-1 defeat to Augsburg.

[video=youtube;t2-0MhWbKZ8]

This was the best goal of my short reign so far.

DSYoungESQ & rancer: No, I'm not going to bloody England! :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannover 96

135px-Hannover_96.png

2019-20 Season Review

2019-20.jpg

TEAM

Well, we survived in the end to claim 11th place in 2.Bundesliga on the back of an excellent run in. Kevin Miralles was the catalyst, netting 6 goals in 6 games before an injury hampered his production. We lost around £2.5m last season so the request for youth facility upgrades was approved, then denied.

TRANSFERS

None in or out

RESULTS

fixtures2020-1.jpg

Two defeats in a row opened up 2020 before a 2-0 win over Ingolstadt steadied the ship. A 3-0 win over Wehen was followed a by a 1-1 draw with Cottbus. We lost our next game to promotion chasing Koblenz. We then went on a three-game tear, scoring 10 and conceding just one in a 4-1 hammering of Oberhausen. This game was memorable for the absolutely gorgeous fourth goal by Arten Hoxha which became my goal of the season. Two 0-0 draws with Onasbruck and Jena, paved the way for a total breakdown in communication as we lost 1-4 to Dusseldorf to revive fears of relegation. Bochum were dispatched 1-0, before SC Paderborn were humilated 5-2 with a hat-trick from Andre-Pierre Gignac leading the way. A 0-1 defeat to playoff-bound Hansa Rostock, left us with a bit of a confidence knock before our clash with rivals Eintracht Braunschweig. However, a brace from Andre-Pierre Gignac lead us to a 3-1 victory.

Our final game of the season was against the team directly above us. We took the lead on the stroke of HT, Kevin Miralles rolling the ball home into an empty net after a square pass by Hoxha. Augsburg equalised just after HT, however on 66 mins, a beautiful chipped ball to the centre spot was taken well and finished high into the net by Andre-Pierre Gignac for 2-1 and we never looked back. Tininho added a third on 87 mins and sub Daniel Springer helped himself to two goals in the 90th and 92nd mins.

Thanks Raware & AK22, it seems to me that a lot of these teams in bad form just need a formation that suits them, as has been the case with (virtually) all my teams so far.

And, as I forgot, here's my goal of the season!

[video=youtube;2hhxjG1hp2s]

Hannover 96

135px-Hannover_96.png

Transfer Window Update

31 Aug 2020

TEAM

The Hannover board gave me £1.2m to gain a mid-table place in 2.Bundesliga this season as well as CUTTING my wage budget by £50k.. This seriously impacted on my signings this season as I had to sell, junk and free-transfer as much as possible to even get close to breaking even on my wage budget. We've got £3m in the kitty, but the board still won't splash out for any upgrades to the training facilities. However, we did pick up Hoffenheim as a parent club.

TRANSFERS

Three big-money deals were struck this window, with 48 month deals for Adriano (GK, £2.5m, Vítoria), Alex (D/WBR, £2.5m, Internacional) and Da Silva (DL, £2.9m, Corinthians). We also picked up ST Soren Anderson on a free and DC Christos Michailidis on loan from Hertha Berlin. Also coming in on free's were AML/ST Hasan Hamadeh and GK Daniel Mertz.

DM/MC Eyong Enoh was the first to be shipped out. He went to Valenciennes FC for £525k. Also leaving in the fire sale were Jurjan Wouda (GK, free, Pisa), Janis Kraus (DR/ DM/MRC, £120k, Koblenz), Dan Ghita (DM/MC, £1.5m, Racing Santander), Sascha Gerdes (GK, £55k, AS Monaco FC). New youth player Zorlu Oguzhan was picked up by Feyenoord for £1.1m + 50%, along with young left winger Ossi Kanerva, sold to Valencia for £1M + 50%.

RESULTS

Our first game this season was in the DfB Pokal against St Pauli, relegated to 3.Bundesliga last season. And the game took a turn for the worst after only 5 mins as a glorious through ball split our defence and, although Mertz was off his line like a rocket to stop the shot, hesitation in the defence let the striker to finish. St Pauli were rampant and we gave away a penalty on 25 mins which was gratefully converted and we were 2-0 down and rocking. Nothing was going right for us and we just couldn't do even the simplest things. We went all out attack at HT and finally, on 88 mins, we got some reward. Hasan Hamadeh burying high into the net from a Miralles through ball. From the kickoff, Da Silva went through the player in possession of the ball and Carboni picked up the ball, hit a long raking pass forward for Hosan Hamadeh to slide the ball beneath the keeper and make it 2-2 on 91 mins! However, we conceded just after the start of ET and badly faded through the rest of ET to lose 2-3.

Our first game in 2.Bundesliga was against newly promoted Aachen. We again went behind on 25 mins, when a speculative cross into the near post was fumbled into the net by Daniel Mertz. Steaming, I changed up the touchline shouts and within 15 mins, we were level. A great shot from 25 yards by Andre-Pierre Gignac was tipped into the roof of the net by the Aachen keeper. Barely ten mins later, a square pass by Hamadeh left an open goal for Andre-Pierre Gignac to tap in his second. We ended the game as a contest on 47 mins as a through ball from Tininho found Kevin Miralles, who outpaced the defence and chipped the advancing keeper from 25 yards. A glorious goal. Gignac then turned provider on 75 mins, slipping Hasan Hamadeh through to slam the ball into the net. We rounded the game off on 84 mins with a great finish from Tininho to run out 5-1 winners.

Our next game was against VfL Bochum. A Sascha Hartmann header from a corner on 14 mins set us on our way and we controlled the game. However, a shocking non-offside call from the ref meant that Bochum equalised in the 58th minute and that's how it finished, 1-1.

So I turned down the Birmingham job, I just didn't fancy slogging away in the Championship.

My biggest problem coming up is how to replace this guy

aitbenidir.jpg

He's been amazing for me alongside club captain Simone Pasa and getting someone with his stats to come to Hannover is a big ask. I may just keep him until retirement.

Turning away England is the right move... you have a good shot at promotion with Hannover, so maybe by the end of the season something sexier should come along... i'll be following closely how it goes...

Thanks man. I'm not sure it's about getting something sexier, but the job just has to feel right!

Hannover 96

135px-Hannover_96.png

Half Season Update

29 Dec 2020

dec2020.jpg

TEAM

Well, we finish 2020, my tenth year as a manager, unbeaten in 1st place in 2.Bundesliga. This is mainly down to my, frankly scary, forward four of Hasan Hamadeh, André-Pierre Gignac and Kevin Mirallas, ably supported by Artan Hoxka. These guys have nabbed the bulk of my goals this season and torn teams apart. That's the good news. The bad news is that we're bleeding money badly, near on £1m p/m. Wages alone are £905k which are crippling us in terms of upgrading and moving forward. I dread to see what the bill will be if we get promoted this season... I've been linked with a number of jobs in the nPower Championship and 2.Bundesliga, but none really gave me the sense that I would want to leave Hannover for them. I applied for the AC Ajaccio and TSG Hoffenheim jobs, however I was rejected for both.

TRANSFERS

No-one coming in or out so far. To be honest, I think this team is working very well and I don't need anyone, bar possible a replacement for Jamal Ait Ben Idir

RESULTS

fixtures2020-1-1.jpg

As you can see, we've only dropped 6 points all season so far. The two 1-1 draws against Ahlen & Augsburg were really scrappy affairs where I was resting key players so I wasn't too unhappy with those results. André-Pierre Gignac was on fire early on, netting 6 goals in 3 games. He first hit a hat-trick against title chasers Kaiserslautern who were systematically demolished 6-2 with help from Kevin Miralles (2) and Artan Hoxha. Next, he hit a brace in the 3-1 defeat of 1860 Munich with Hasan Hamadeh getting the other, then finally, he got the first in a 2-0 defeat of Wehen, Hoxha coming up with the other.

Gignac was then injured during the 1-0 win over Jena, but Hasan Hamadeh stepped in with three goals in three matches, a 3-1, 2-0 and 2-1 wins, the last being against rivals Eintracht Braunschweig. When Hamadeh dried up, Artan Hoxha stepped in, hitting 4 in 3. The anomaly coming in a 6-1 thrashing of Hansa Rostock with goals from Kevin Miralles (2), Hasan Hamadeh and Tininho completing the rout.

We really have looked unstoppable this season and I find myself planning for next year in 1.Bundesliga. This is clearly very dangerous, but I can't stop doing it.

I know.

However, I received this in my inbox...

400notout.jpg

A proud day. But better was to come!

winner.jpg

The only problem was that the whole save was slowing down to such an extent, it made it less enjoyable. So with this success, I retired from football life and sailed off into the sunset...

Archived