[FM11] icemetallica8's Arsenal game

icemetallica8

After the failed load of my successful Blackpool career I decided to play, as the team I support, Arsenal.

I took over as Arsenal boss, and set myself some goals for the club. I wish to win everything in a 5 year period, Arsenal for a big club, have been starved of silverware over the last few years. I feel that the club has a good set up both on and off the field, the only changes made to my backroom staff was that Martin Keown was “upgraded” from scout to coaching level, and two new youth coaches joined the club in Brian Eastick and Alex Gibson.

I felt that our squad was very strong however could be improved, significantly in the goalkeeper, centre back, defensive midfield and striker roles. When I joined I instantly fell out with a few players, Vela, Almunia, and Denilson as I felt I could do without these players. Vela is still mad at me; however I decided to keep him as he could be worth a punt. Denilson, will be used as back up for the first team. Almunia moved on loan to Barcelona. A youth player Miquel left the club to move to Hercules. And other young players left to gain experience from being on loan.

I strengthened the squad by signing Gary Cahill from Bolton for £6Million, I see him as a good young English centreback, who will do well for the club. Mama Diarra signed on loan from Real Madrid for the season, a short term cover for the defensive midfield positions, until Jack Wilshere is accomplished enough to make it his own. Man City offered me Stuart Taylor on loan, so I did. Only 2k wages a week, and experienced cover. Romelu Lukaka joined for £7Million, and some young keeper arrived without me knowing.

Tactics – I decided to play a 4-2-4 formation, two ball playing centre halfs, two supporting full backs, a ball winning midfielder in support, and an advanced playmaker in support. I also then have two Inside forwards on attacking duty, and two forwards, one defensive in attacking mode, and the other a target man in attacking mode.

Preseason went well, 9 games played, 9 wins, 2 goals conceded and 25 goals scored.

We beat our reserves 2-1, with a brace from Chamakh.

Arsenal 5-1 St Pats – Chamakh, Wilshere, RVP, Diaby and Vela all on the score sheet.

Arsenal 3-0 Notts Forest – Chamakh twice, and RVP.

Arsenal 2-0 Falkirk – Diaby and Chamakh

Arsenal 3-0 Barnet, JET twice and an RVP strike.

Arsenal 2-0 St Mirren, Chamakh and Walcott

Arsenal 3-0 Boreham Wood – Rosicky, Squillaci, Fabregas

Arsenal 4-0 St Johnstone - Chamakh twice, RVP and Rosicky

Arsenal 1-0 HSV – Arshavin

The premierleague started with a 2-2 draw against Villa, disappointing however Fabregas was “dropped”. He arrived back from international duty on the morning of the match and I clicked submit before I noticed. Curtis Davies gave Aston Villa a surprise lead after 11 minutes, however Luke Young picked up his second yellow, and a red card after 24 minutes. Arsenal turned it around in the second half, with two sensational strikes, from the frontline of Chamakh and RVP. However sadly substitute John Carew scored on the 77th minute to share the points.

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham – Arsenal won their first home match of the season, in impressive fashion. RVP scored after 2 minutes, and Chamakh added a second on the 22nd minute. Arshavin added a goal in the second half.

Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal – RVP scored on the 12th minute, and Nasri in the 44th. Good performance, and good 3 points.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool – Great game from us, and shows that we mean business. We won the game 2-0, both goals from Chamakh one in each half. Arsenal bossed this game, having 59% possession, creating 22 chances compared to Liverpools 4 chances. Solid performance from the defence.

Arsenal 1-0 Rubin – Champions league action was up next, and we defeated a tricky Rubin side 1-0, with the only goal of the game scored by Chamakh on the 58th minute.

Man City 0-1 Arsenal – Good game, Chamakh scored the only goal of the game in the first half. Another game whereby we created plenty of chances, but couldn’t take them.

Arsenal 2-1 Villa – We defeated Villa 2-1 with goals from Lukaku, and Tomas Rosicky. This was a league cup game, and I played a few non regular first teamers.

Arsenal 1-1 Sunderland – Disappointing result, RVP with the goal. Very disappointing considering pre match, Sunderland were bottom.

Schalke 0-2 – Goals from Nasri and Chamakh. 3 sending’s off in this game, all for nothing. 2 sending’s off for Schalke and Arshavin for us.

Blackpool 0-2 Arsenal – Comfortable victory, could of and probably should have been more. Goals from Wilshere and Chamakh.

Arsenal 2-1 West Ham – Lukaku and Sagna with the goals. Comfortable enough game.

Arsenal 2-0 Panathinaikos - Didn’t look like our day as we were spurning chance after chance. However substitute Jack Wilshere made the difference, with 2 fine penalty finishes.

West Brom 0-3 Arsenal – Chamakh, Lukaku and Arshavin with the goals. Thomas Vermaelen was also sent off.

Arsenal 2-0 Hull – Another league cup game, and another non regular first team side. We won comfortably, with goals from Vela and Walcott.

Stoke 0-3 Arsenal – A brace from Lukaku, and another Jack Wilshere penalty gave Arsenal all 3 points.

Panathinaikos 1-2 Arsenal – We sealed our place in the knockout phase of the Champions League, with a comfortable 2-1 victory over the Greeks. Walcott and Wilshere with the goals.

Arsenal 1-1 Spurs – We came from a goal down to draw 1-1, Chamakh with the goal. Dissapointed as we created loads, but unfortunately couldn’t take our chances.

So far I’m happy with our performances, we are sitting 2nd, level on points with top side Man United, however they have a better goal advantage over us, by 1 goal. We are also into the knockout phase of the Champions League, and can now afford to rest more players during our remaining two games. We also our on track in the League cup, with a League cup quarter final v Championship Derby.

Unfortunately RVp got injured on International duty, and was out for 5 weeks. He is expected back in the next 5-13 days though. ;)

Welcome to FMS ice, This would probably more suited to the Careers Thread in my opinion as theres not much of a story too it. If you you look at Faramirs work on the board, I'll leave you a link at the bottom of the message to one of his stories then thats the type of thing were looking for.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/20894-Shine-Like-the-Stars-Harrow-Hill-in-FM-08?highlight=faramir

Archived