Help me for the sake of Fm

I m trying use the 4-2-3-1 formation 2Mc and my prooblem is the defence side. how can I make a solid 4 back 2 FB and 2CB can someone have good story about them tight marking man marking closing down etc. and the last one d-line deep or push up.

I have a one slow CB and one Pace CB and 2 below avarege FB. If you are in my position how do you get the best performance them ?

Help me ı m sick of tired reading and applying common known thoery for them but they are not efficient:confused:

Well with poor FBs you can only do so much since the advanced wingers won't be helping them out very much. I would say have your CMs as a double pivot so rarely forward runs. Your FBs on support duty and your CBs split: 1 cover the other defend.

So it should look like this:

GK defend

DR full back support

DL full back support

DCr central defender defend

DCl central defender cover

MCr deep lying playmaker support

MCl deep lying playmaker defend or central midfielder defend.

There is still a slight problem with the rest of the players getting back to defend since they are in very advanced positions. This is why I say you need balanced or fluid mentality so gaps between positions are reduced. Then you want standard or counter mentality so the mentality is near the middle. This should get everyone back behind the ball. Try using zonal marking.

As above, ENSURE your FB's are not getting forward in any capacity...... this means no forward runs, no dribbling with the ball and no crossing from byline.

You may very well have set them up defensively, BUT any of the above will cause them to wander forward.

Even with the most defensive mindset, they WILL still support your team, so you do not need to throw them forwards. These changes have a massive impact on your defensive records.

LAM

Archived