4-2-2-2 "Il Devasto"

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought i would throw my Opinion into the mix as which is the best version.

I personally think the version that Basal has made is the best version of this tactic - It is everything you want in a modern tactic - Strong as an ox at the back and also incredible going forward, Simply outstanding.

Of course massive credit goes to Tatox for the creation of this tactic but the Original was abit to weak at the back for me.

If you want a tactic that will bring you success without to much trouble then i would 100% suggest this one - Well Done Lads.

hi hough, I'm trying a version tweaked by ttgb and seems to be better than basal's version, expecially on lower team... but I think that the results obtained with one or another tactic also depend on players that you have and by their harmony

But obviously I want to thank all those who are trying to make this tactic useful at all levels

Nice tactic. i played the basal version with maidenhead first seasion in the bs bet south. I was predicted to finish 15th, but ended up 1st (allthough it was a close call, last match i won, nr 2 lost).

Scored the most goals in the league by far with 92, without having any good strikers. Also conceded a lot though with 57, which i think is a lot as the defence/gk was probably the best part of the team.

I tried all the versions of this tactic and i have to admit that is the only and one tactic that kept my interest for testing. The strong point of this tac , as you all mentioned in your posts above, is the attack and the production of CCC and goals. The only thing that it needed a tweak is the defence and how we could make it better without 'damaging' the attack.

I tested this tc with a team that is newly promoted to the scottish premier league and has a mediocre squad compared to the others. Using the tweaks mentioned i only managed to get mixed results like 3-3 , 4-4, 3-4 etc... Here some screens using especialy the TTGB tweak:

berwickvstjohnstoneinfo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Try not to look only at the final result but at the shots that the opponents made...

So i tried to make the defence tougher and more reliable by reducing the defensive line pressing, the FB's mentality and closing down of the DC's, but suprisingly the results was the same even worse! I conceded more goals at the back while i was struggling more at the front...

Then i tried the only way that left to me in order to make this attacking tactic work....to make it even more attacking!. Well i know it sounds scary (i thought the same) but believe me it worked! Here are the tweaks i made and suprisingly my team became more solid at the back and productive at the front:

- Increased the defensive line in order to make my team push higher up

- Ticked the 'play offside' option

- Ticked the 'tight marking' option

- Ticked the counter attack option

- Focus passing 'mixed'

- Made some changes on the player instructions making them more aggressive and attacking

Here are some match screens using my new tweaked version:

livingstonvberwickinfor.png

berwickvhibernianinform.png

As you can see my team ganerated many goals and conceded only a few. But the proof that this tweak actualy works is the on target shots that the opponet make... My team produced a very attractive football pressing all over the pitch with agression and winning to many rebounds and 'second' balls. The key for this tweak is the high pressure all over the pitch and the excellent counters they can make...

Here is my 'Sir Alex' tweak of this tactic, for you to try it out!

http://hotfile.com/dl/104289845/f5fe9a4/424_Sir_Alexs_Tweak_(Berwick_Oct_2015).tac.html

Hope you enjoy it! ;)

hi hough, I'm trying a version tweaked by ttgb and seems to be better than basal's version, expecially on lower team... but I think that the results obtained with one or another tactic also depend on players that you have and by their harmony

But obviously I want to thank all those who are trying to make this tactic useful at all levels

I have tested my version with Antwerp, Nantes and now Volgar. All teams in the second tier of their countries. Had great results with all three. I used it with Man Utd but I had already played a few seasons with them so the team was already unbeatable. I think it can work at all levels. It will need some tweaking of course. The change I make is between attacking and defensive mentality. I put it on defensive when playing against bigger clubs. Because they are favourite they will attack. Being on defensive creates a lot of counter attacking opportunaties.

I have tested my version with Antwerp, Nantes and now Volgar. All teams in the second tier of their countries. Had great results with all three. I used it with Man Utd but I had already played a few seasons with them so the team was already unbeatable. I think it can work at all levels. It will need some tweaking of course. The change I make is between attacking and defensive mentality. I put it on defensive when playing against bigger clubs. Because they are favourite they will attack. Being on defensive creates a lot of counter attacking opportunaties.

Wich version is that? I use the original and so far is the best for me

All players are on individual mentality settings, so u change their settings 1 by 1? because if you change team mentality it wouldnt make a difference since they're all on individual mentality ticked and set, or am I wrong?

Great job Tatox! Since a lot of people are mentioning leeking defence, i used settings for front 6 players and left back 4 untuched from my other tactics. Playing wide with

short passing just didnt sound logical to me, but it works fantastic.

SI should check this, because the amount of goal scoring chances (not just ccc) is to big. I get 14-17 of those if i play against mid table premiership team. Of course the other team

always needs much less chances to score, but i think thats the only way the game can counter this tactic. Dont watch this in 3d, cos you will laugh at what your (world class) strikers are missing and

still win with 2-5 goals difference.

I have been using this tactic for awhile now and with a few slight tweaks, it has been working great for me. Now I admit that I am playing as Man Utd but I could not get any scoring consistency from my team. I always use the 4 - 4 - 2 with the AML/R so that was the main reason I was attracted to this tactic. At first, the scoring was there but I was leaking too many goals for my taste. So the tweaks I did that have been working great for me was I stopped playing the offisde trap and my two CBs are set to one click below the attacking mentality. These changes have not affected my attacking, so it seems, and the goals against have been much, much better. Here are my numbers:

Goals scored - 96 (scored only 4 goals before I switched to this tactic) - switched after 6 league games

Goals allowed - 23 (8 of those were befrore I started using this tactic) - switched after 6 league games

Leading goal scorer - Wayne Rooney 34 league goals - only 1 league goal before switch

Highest player rating - Wayne Rooney - 8.00

Competitions:

Currently 1st in Premiere League tied with Chelsea for 1st in points but leading goal differetnital by big margin with only 7 games to go

League Cup - beat Chelsea in finals with a combined 10 - 1 score

Champions League - Won my group with no losses, I drew Real Madrid in the 1st knockout round - beat real Madrid in the round with a combined 8 - 1 score, put 6 past them at the Bernabeau, play Sevilla next

FA Cup - due to fixture congestion I played basically my 2nd string with some of my young players, lost 1 - 0 to Swansea even though I dominated the game, was a fluke goal to lose it

I am on a 23 game unbeaten streak so this tactic is working very well for me. I have several other players doing extremely well but just wanted to give some numbers to show how well it's working for a lousy manager like me.

I appreciate the work that you put in with this tatcic. I downloaded it from the opening post and havent looked back.

Much Thanks!!!!!!!

Just to add - Just played West Brom away, won 7 - 0, yea its working well :)

which version are these games with? sick results!!!

I was using the antwerp version

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/250888-4-2-2-2-quot-Il-Devasto-quot?p=6480589&viewfull=1#post6480589 post 284

but with 1 or two tweaks, 1 of them was lowering the team mentality to last notch of defensive(7 if u're using numbered sliders) , even though I'm not sure it really does something as all players are on individual mentality setting which overrides the team mentality setting, and the other tweak I cant remember, I was playing around with the wingers, setting their crossing to cross often, to cross from mixed and to cross to mixed, also I think I set the right winger to cut inside but not sure

The problem is that (stupid that I am) I didn't save the tactic, then switched to something else and lost(and forgot) all my tweaks(which I say again, were only a few)

But the fact is that the base tactic is fantastic so all the version that came after are just fantastic as well :), thanks to TATOX , TTGB and surrer(I'm now using his tactic and its also awesome - great defensively)

I was using the antwerp version

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/250888-4-2-2-2-quot-Il-Devasto-quot?p=6480589&viewfull=1#post6480589 post 284

but with 1 or two tweaks, 1 of them was lowering the team mentality to last notch of defensive(7 if u're using numbered sliders) , even though I'm not sure it really does something as all players are on individual mentality setting which overrides the team mentality setting, and the other tweak I cant remember, I was playing around with the wingers, setting their crossing to cross often, to cross from mixed and to cross to mixed, also I think I set the right winger to cut inside but not sure

The problem is that (stupid that I am) I didn't save the tactic, then switched to something else and lost(and forgot) all my tweaks(which I say again, were only a few)

But the fact is that the base tactic is fantastic so all the version that came after are just fantastic as well :), thanks to TATOX , TTGB and surrer(I'm now using his tactic and its also awesome - great defensively)

I think that is just for those who use the tactic to understand how to set up the defense in relation to the defenders,

Just Finished my season with Arsenal using your original tactic TATOX, and won everything with it. And my defence only suffered 18 goals in the league. the only signing I made in my defence was Otamendi in the January window.

Great Tactic!!!!

I used original but i made minor tweaks:

-def line to max

-width to max

-offsaid off and no target man

-fullbacks to defensive mentality

-seted all players to aim centre

-i also unticked strikers mentality and let it on team mentality and seted team mentality to defensive

I used original but i made minor tweaks:

-def line to max

-width to max

-offsaid off and no target man

-fullbacks to defensive mentality

-seted all players to aim centre

-i also unticked strikers mentality and let it on team mentality and seted team mentality to defensive

could you upload it plese

could you upload it plese

Sorry i dont have that save anymore,but i think i remember those tweaks and are those from above :).The thing is that if u play a powerfull team best tactic is the original but if u are playing smaller u are forced to make some tweaks otherwise u will concede a truck of goals .

Sorry i dont have that save anymore,but i think i remember those tweaks and are those from above :).The thing is that if u play a powerfull team best tactic is the original but if u are playing smaller u are forced to make some tweaks otherwise u will concede a truck of goals .

perfect mate... ;-)

have you bought some players with blackpool?

have you bought some players with blackpool?

Yes i bought some and also i made some loans(C.Benitez is a legend in FM 2011 :)).Unfortunately i did not play much despite having good results because i was tempted to try something else ,maybe i had abit of luck dunno if this tweaks are working for you guys.I wil give another shot and start another game from scratch with Blackpool and see how it goes.Im also very interested to make Tatox tactic more stable for underdog teams because until now i did not found a better tactic that has potential for every kind of teams(maybe except Franky's 433).

Archived