Help me to save my fledgling Arsenal career

Hello people,

I started a new game with Arsenal and am having some trouble. I'm the first to admit I'm not very good at tactics, so I was hoping perhaps I could get some pointers here what to change in order to avoid being sacked after the first ten games (already insecure). :D

Here's my formation:

formationp.th.jpg

Team settings: Fluid, control, press more, zonal marking ,press more. All others default.

Players settings:

DL/DR = Fullback support (crossing set to rarely, short passing)

DC = Stopper / Cover (short passing)

MCL = Central midfielder defend (ultra defensive mentality, closing down own area, short passing)

MRL = Advanced playmaker support (long shots/crossing rarely)

AML = Inside forward attacking (long shots rarely)

AMR = Winger support (long shots rarely)

STCR = Poacher (crossing/long shots rarely)

STCL = Advanced forward attack (crossing rarely)

Also the wingers and strikers have their creative freedom lowered to normal levels.

Usually I use these teamtalks:

Favorite = Expect a win

Against the other top teams = For the fans

If I'm tied or losing = Usually You can win this

Overall things seem to work OK, but I have trouble scoring and leak odd goals from crosses. Here are some screenies of my league games so far:

http://img651.imageshack.us/g/51033025.jpg/

Seems like I get a lot of shots in, but only from average positions? Also, I seem to be very vulnerable to crosses from the byline. It didn't help I had to play Fabianski in several games. Some goals were directly his fault. Anyways. Any suggestions how to get my team scoring? And perhaps how to organize the defense a bit better. I'd welcome any help, thanks.

There is a good tactic from Motcha which works pretty well with the talents Arsenal have.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244437-Finally!!-The-Barcelona-Tactic-D

GK (Valdes role) -

RB (Alves role) - Sagna

RCB (Puyol role) - Koscielny

LCB (Pique role) - Vermaelen

LB (Maxwell role) - Clichey

MC (Sergio role) - Song

MCR (Xavi role) - Fabregas

MCL (Iniesta role) - Nasri

FC (Messi role) - Arshaven

FCR (Pedro role) - Van Persie

FCL (Villa role) - Chamakh

The MCL and MC roles seem to be the key points in the formation, getting those 2 spots filled properly is vital. When Arshaven isnt available for that FC role it should go to Van Persie. As soon as possible getting another midfielder in who can fill the MCR role and allow Fabregas to shift to MCL is key, Wiltshire can do it but not till year 2 imo.

Give the wingers and strikers their creativity back! They need creative freedom in the final third to break the defensive line and surprise the GK. You might want to consider changing your fullbacks to wing backs as Sagna and Clichy are quite good offensively. Also if you don't want them to cross too often in fear of losing possession too much, set their crossing to sometimes and cross form to byline, they'll only cross when they're in a good crossing position this way. You could try setting the other striker up as a deep-lying striker support or target man support to link up with your midfield better.

If strikers are not scoring and have a bad overall form, let them play some reserve games to find their scoring form. Pay attention to morale too (not just strikers!), increase it by individual talks where you for example praise a good performance (match rating above 8.0) and criticize a bad one (below 6.3), morale affects performance a lot.

Archived