[FM11] Hopeful times at Basingstoke.

Jpayne

Welcome and I hope you enjoy my updates whether they be bad or good, I'd love for people to give me advise and such things like that in future:).

Basingstoke_town_fc.png

As a Milton Keynes Dons fan, I don't know much, if not all about this club - not once has it came into my mind when watching real life football so it puts me at a slight disadvantage when going to manage a side a have not a clue about however, I have done the same with Chesterfield and I learn to adapt my squad so I know who works well and where which ends up with me having a really fun game. Though, I have never ever in my history of FM (Since FM 05 or 06) managed a non-league squad, knowing this it will make the game a funner experience for me, not only being the under-dog again but being a very large under-dog with most games out of the BSS, being a David versus Goliath battle which rarely upset.

I will be updating pre-season results in the next post a long with my best eleven, finances, information about the club and transfers.

Database:

I haven't used up much nations as my computer performance is half a star so forgive me :)

with the stuff I have which is:

English (BSS/BSN)

France (National and above)

Italy (Serie B & above)

Germany (Second division & above)

Spain (Spanish B & above)

Football manager's information on the club

Nation: England

Year founded: 1886

Chairman status: Loves the club

Star players: None

Legends: Jason Bristow

Icons: Tim Sills, Neville Roach, Sergio Torres

Favoured personnel: None

Derbies: None

Fierce rivals: Farnborough

Other rivals: Aldershot, Woking

Finances: Okay

Average ticket price: £10.00

Average season ticket price: £122

Season ticket holders: 180

Estimated value: 350k

Media prediction: 15th

Squad personality: Fairly ambitious

Capital city: London

Expectations

JordanPayneNews_Inbox.png

Next post will talk about pre-season results, transfers made and how my squad is doing.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-season results

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures.png

Manager's comment on pre-season

I wasn't really expecting much from my new team, only for me to get to know who is worth using and who is deadwood, majority failed to impress in most games as seen in the results, what was expected to be an easy win against our reserves turned into a terrible shooting day, we went into the break 3-0 down, only two get two goals from Downes, and then Pattison to miss a penalty and then Downes to miss a penalty, so two penalty misses and luckily we grabbed another goal to take the draw. This game was where I decided we needed a new keeper, the keeper was had was a youth keeper for some reason so buying a GK was my main goal to start with. We were then well beaten by Reading, however grabbing a goal in the 8th minute only to fall to 3-1 by half time, I enjoyed the determination my team had but it soon dissolved and turned into no confidence at all. Buxton, a team we should be beating we beat with fair ease, we had possession and majority shots on target which led us to win.

To bad that all my confidence was shot down when we played Tottenham reserves, 0-0 by the break and they put on Harry Kane who tore through our defence with pure easy leading them to an easy 3-0 win without little, if not all competition from my young young young squad. The loss to Blyth was deserved, we played terribly so I wasn't bothered by it but I figured we needed a little motivation and I NEEDED to strengthen up the back four as we were conceding from every angle. Not a good sight to see. Morecambe, soundly beaten by a league 2 side. Buxton, easy game where we showed our dominance.

August's results, table & manager's summary

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-2.png

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

Manager's view on the month

This month and the start of the season can be summed up in one word, disaster. Unluckily the goal-scoring form we had established in pre-season certainly didn't follow us into the starting month of the season as we went 6 games scoring 1 goal and not gaining a win in the league. The problems started at Chelmsford where we couldn't seem to brake through their back four once, which left me with my hands in my head once they slotted home the winning goal in the 60th minute. We had good possession but our passing let us down very badly as well as Draper, my supposed best striker says my assistant manager. As we proceeded throughout the month we could not seem to find the goal, until the game against promotion challenges Woking where we got out with a 1-1 draw, highly lucky as we performed horribly.

My board informed me of a fan date against Weston-Super-mare, a team I should be beating, they got into the box in the 36th second and scored a goal, my defence were a sleep and were garbage. The game was frustrating to watch as my back four made mistakes over and over again including a new signing who I am thoroughly disappointed with. That pretty much sums up the month, board still like me, we're dangling at the wrong end of the table however all my signings are around 19-24 year olds which I am trying to use because it means in future seasons I will be hopefully be doing well with the produce coming up in my club, being that the oldest person at my club is 31 and our average age of 22 there is not much experience in the side.

Basingstoke player of the month: This is a hard one, most people under-performed but I'll give it to Gary Frewen who time and time again caused problems in the defence with his crosses.

Basingstoke young player of the month: Gary Frewen, only 19 years old and his is a defence troubling left winger to bad my strikers can't get on the end of them.

Basingstoke top scorer of the month: Only goal of the month coming from under-performing Grep Draper with 1 goal.

September & October's review

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-2-1.png

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable2.png

Manager's view on the two months

The two months of games where my saviour as we have clawed our way out of the relagation zone, started scoring again, conceding is at a low and we've been lucky enough to get ourselves into the 1st round of the FA Cup against League 1 outfit - Exeter City, not expecting much but anyway.

The start of the September has brought some confidence to my team as we went on a unbeaten streak of 6 games, 3 drawn and 3 won until we lost against bottom side Dartford. I haven't got as much to say about these two months as I thought they were good for the club, with some luck we might beat Exeter. I've pretty much finished my transfers for the year and I might bring in a couple more defenders to bolster the side but we're current 700 over our wage budget so it's highly unlikely.

Basingstoke player of the months: Ibrahim Sissoko, the released West Brom player I picked up from the free market has been perfect since we signed him. turning in great performances for Basingstoke and helping out the strikers as a box to box midfielder - scoring 2 and assisting 2.

Basingstoke young player of the months: Moses Garvey, only being at the young ripe age of 21 I see him as a great future player, bagging a hat-trick in the 6-1 win in the FA Cup and destroying the BSS defences with his pure speed. His composure needs a little work but once I bring in the extra striker Dali from Argentina I think he will carry on destroying the defences.

Basingstoke top scorer of the months: Moses-Garvey leading the club charts with 7 goals, 3 assists in 11 appearances. Truly wonderful.

FA Cup 1st round special review!

Basingstoke 1 - 1 Exeter City

This special FA Cup review will tell of how I'm getting a good and deserved replay at Exeter City after a great display at the Camrose. We went ahead on the 10th minute followed an own goal from Exeter's defender, we dominated the whole game until Exeter's striker seized on a quality through ball and slotted it into my net on the 89th minute :(. I felt pretty **** but I wasn't expecting much and a draw was good enough!

BasingstokevExeterInformation_Overview-2.png

BasingstokevExeterInformation_Formations.png

FA Cup 1st round replay special review!

Exeter City 2 - 0 Basingstoke

Unlucky for us, the replay served us our exit on a plate. We were soundly beaten by a fully fit league 1 side however I feel to even get a replay was a very good achievement. Now we can focus our players on the league and FA Trophy.

Just broke an amazing record with my new signing, took him 13 seconds to score In a 5-0 thrashing of Dorchester, class game - I'm now nearly at the end of November.

Edit: I'll be updating November's results and how I've progressed tomorrow, the last two results in the league made me pretty happy with my strikers finally getting on target.

November's review

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-12.png

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

JordanPayneNews_Inbox-3.png

JordanPayneNews_Inbox-4.png

This month was in a nut shell, the month that saved us from the relegation race, seeing as it is really tight on the foot of the table. The fixture-congested month brought me the 1st FA Cup tie against Exeter City, as you can see the review up the page so I'm going to get straight onto the BSS and FA trophy results. Our month in the BSS started with a home tie against promotion challengers Havant & W, we done well in the game getting our shots off yet we failed to score until my favourite youth mid-fielder Oliver-Hewitt walked past the defence to score an amazing goal in the right hand corner to save us the game with a draw.

Our next game gave me the season's best performance against renowned title challengers Bishop's Stortford who were sitting in 3rd at the time, we went 1 nil down in the 8th minute following a lapse in concentration however the boys came back with amazing perseverance and showed that we meant business, all 4 goals coming from all different people made me smile, especially the last goal with Carrick who's outside the box strike found the right hand corner. We'll skip the FA Cup review because it is a few posts above me and head to the FA trophy where we faced a club who I haven't got loaded, I was duly surprised when they went up in the 19th minute following a rather flukey goal but we came back and won it 3-2, Gary Frewen being my man of the match.

The next 3 games were being faced against good sides, exception of Thurrock. Chelmsford should have been a hard game but the whole team worked as a machine and we grabbed a deserved 2-0 victory over them, great finishing gave us the edge and a debut goal for Stefan Connor. The next two games we conceded 0 and scored 10, 5-0 thrashing of Dorchester who we had previously beaten in the FA Cup 3-0 brought up an amazing hat-rick for new signing Stefan Connor who scored in 13 seconds to bring us up a 1-0 and the rest was history, dominated the game in all areas. The game against Thurrock we should have won and boy did we do it in style, to end the motnh with 2 5-0 thrashings brings our fantastic month to an end.

Basingstoke player of the month: Stefan Connor, he got a league award for it and I'll give him this for it - 5 goals, 2 assists in 7 games shows how much he has done for us.

Basingstoke young player of the month: Stefan Connor, only 19 shows he is going to be a great product for the next season with his goals and assists up front with Moses-Garvey.

Basingstoke goal scorer of the month: It was close with Moses-Garvey bagging 4 goals in the month and Connor bagging a lovely 5 shows that we have striking dominance up front.

For some reason my screenshots come out small like that, I'll see if I can make them bigger and thanks for the noting the mistake, changed now.

Ok, I can see them just have to get closer to the screen.

Lol just noticed I made a mistake with the year but you have it right now anyway.:)

Yeah the screenshots are bit of a strain on the eyes, I'll try make them bigger and my form is doing well since the Nov win we've had all wins and we're sitting in 7th and about to have a match against fierce rivals and title challengers Farnborough, lost 2-1 to them last time. But with the rich form from Connor who's scored 8 in 11 I think we'll pull a win out of the bag! Hopefully :)

Edit: Won 2-0, penalty scored from Moses-Garvey and a cross from Gary Frewen into Diagne to put the game to bed, 8 winning streak and just outside the play-offs!!

December's review!

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-2-2.png

JordanPayneNews_Inbox-2.png

Manager's view on December

This month was mainly fuelled by our successful end to the November month which has got us onto the promotion trail, our month started with a game mid-table side Staines, two successful breaks from Hewitt-Fisher gave us the lead and the Connor slotted one home to grab us the victory, we dominated the entire game and got more shots of then the opposing side which gave us the edge throughout the match. Our next game brought us to Hampton's ground in the FA trophy where we got a nice own-goal from their keeper before they equalised on the 82nd minute, only for that to be killed of by a 91st minute and for us to go through to face a side who I haven't loaded and forgot their name.

Braintree brought us a fun game, both sides having possession and the shooting was poor but Frewen got on the edge of a quality cross from Mark Pattison and we managed to keep that score for the rest of the game. Maidenhead was a rather hard game, going 1-0 down at half time only for my star striker Stefan Connor to take charge and power home 2 amazing goals, 1 of which was fantastic as Ben Hoskins crossed in a free kick from the half way line into the box where he took it on his chest, let it drop and shot into the left hand corner. The last game of the month saw us face our arch rivals in a derby affair, last time we lost out 2-1 because we couldn't score back then but this time it was a totally different story. First goal coming from the break, Carrick hitting a ball over the top and Connor coming onto it only to be fouled by Robinson in the area where he gained a deserved red card and Moses-Garvey hit the penalty and then Gary Frewen crossed it in, keeper dived out and missed the ball only for central defender Diagne to score it.

Basingstoke player of the month: Hewitt-Fisher, he's consistently performed since I bought him and this month he has been very good so he deserved it thoroughly with 4 goals and 4 assists in 18 appearances, very well.

Basingstoke young player of the month: Stefan Connor, consistently performing like Hewitt-Fisher and he is doing very well in the goal scoring business.

Basingstoke top scorer of the month: It was close month with many different scorers but yet again Stefan Connor comes out with 3 goals in 5 appearances, Hewitt-Fisher coming close behind with 2 and Moses-Garvey with 2.

January's review!

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-4-1.png

BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable-2-1.png

JordanPayneNews_Inbox-3-1.png

Manager's review on the month.

This month was a very productive month which brought us up to our best position just behind local rivals Loughborough, we started of the month with a dominant win over Maidenhead which led us into the Weston-Super-Mare game, they had previously beat us 2-0 so I was itching to set the record straight, so I thought we were going to as we popped up with a goal from Garvey in the 20th minute until they slotted home 2 goals in the second half. We could have won the game by lengths but my strikers were not up to it today, unluckily they recorded the double over us in the season.

Third game brought up a good match with it being 1-1, Connor popped up to score a nice goal. The next game brought up a solid show from our defence and a good show up front when we won 2-1. Godalming was a team we should be beating and so we did, hat-trick from Moses-Garvey put them away to bed and we were drawn against former BSS winners NEWPORT COUNTY . We were itching to set the record straight with St Albans who had put us to bed earlier in the season and so we did, hitting two against them in a quality game where both sides showed up. The last game brought up my goal of the season from young mid-fielder Hewitt-Fisher.

Basingstoke player of the month: Yet again going to Hewitt-Fisher for his consistency in form and his wonderful goal at the end of the month to top it off.

Basingstoke young player of the month: Tony Diagne, 20 showed solid performances sitting in centre back posistion and has been a rock at the back for us not making much mistakes.

Basingstoke top scorer of the month: Moses-Garvey, had a hard month in December but got back on track in January scoring a handful of goals totalling up to 5 in 6 appearances.

Goal of the month - Hewitt-Fisher

[video=youtube;7C_QyeqnTrs]

February's review!

[center]Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts
1st Farnborough 31 19 5 7 53 35 +18 62
2nd Havant & W 32 15 11 6 58 36 +22 56
3rd Woking 31 16 8 7 45 30 +15 56
[b]4th Basingstoke 32 16 7 9 52 28 +24 55[/b]
5th Bishop's Stortford 31 15 8 8 55 39 +16 53
6th Chelmsford 31 15 8 8 51 38 +13 53
7th Bromley 32 15 7 10 56 52 +4 52
8th Dover 31 13 11 7 50 32 +18 50
9th Braintree 31 13 9 9 36 26 +10 48
10th St. Albans 31 13 8 10 45 41 +4 47
11th Hampton & Richmond 31 13 7 11 37 32 +5 46
12th Weston-super-Mare 32 12 9 11 62 49 +13 45
13th Welling 31 13 5 13 41 45 -4 44
14th Eastleigh 31 11 7 13 40 45 -5 40
15th Ebbsfleet 31 11 6 14 39 42 -3 39
16th Staines 31 11 5 15 34 45 -11 38
17th Maidenhead 32 9 7 16 34 54 -20 34
18th Lewes 31 9 6 16 33 51 -18 33
19th Dorchester 31 8 7 16 20 40 -20 31
20th Boreham Wood 31 3 14 14 27 52 -25 23
21st Thurrock 32 5 7 20 35 62 -27 22
22nd Dartford 31 5 6 20 31 60 -29 21[/center]

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-5.png

This month wasn't very productive, our form let us drop in the table but we're still in a steady play-off position yet we have more games played then most of the teams in the league due to our fantastic on-going run in the FA Trophy where we grabbed a 2-2 draw at Newport County's home ground then put them to bed in a 2-0 replay at the Camrose which gave us a cup bout with Blue square premier league's Hayes & Yeading.

Onto the league, our first league match of the month through us up against Eastleigh who we had previously beaten 1-0 and we destroyed them 3-0, pick of the goals coming from Stefan Connor. Our next game against Ebbsfleet gave us a nasty shock as we couldn't score against am mediocre score and deserved to lose. The next game, against Staines who we had previously beat 3-0 was one we should have won yet we hit the post 4 times, had 2 goals disallowed and they scored a flukey goal - We could have won that game by 6 goals but luck and mainly the referees wasn't on our side and I expressed that to the media who gave me a warning from FA...

Hayes and Yeading brought us the QUARTER-FINAL of the FA Trophy and we put up a strong fight with both goals coming from both of our centre backs, we've earned a replay at their ground unfortunately so I haven't got much hope as our away record isn't great.

Basingstoke Player of the month: James Gilpin, goal keeper has been showing great performances that have got him interest from League 1 leaders Rotherham.

Basingstoke young player of the month: I'm going to give this to Hewitt-Fisher again who's showed consistent performances that earned him my goal of the month yet again.

Basingstoke top scorer of the month: This goes to Stefan Connor who has scored 3 goals in 6 appearances.

Goal of the month - Hewitt-Fisher

[video=youtube;VuUVEs_OgR4]

1 game until the end of the season and it's so tight.

[center]Pos	Inf	Team		Pld	Won	Drn	Lst	For	Ag	G.D.	Pts
[b]1st	Pl      Basingstoke	41	22	8	11	68	38	+30	74[/b]
2nd	Pl	Farnborough	41	22	8	11	68	51	+17	74
3rd	Pl	Woking		41	21	9	11	59	42	+17	72
4th		Dover		41	19	13	9	73	42	+31	70
5th		Bromley		41	20	10	11	75	68	+7	70
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6th		Chelmsford	41	19	11	11	69	51	+18	68[/center]

It is so close and we go into the last game with 3 teams being able to take the top spot in the league!!

Basingstoke vs Welling

Farnborough vs Thurrock

Woking vs Ebbsfleet

*SIGH*

Welling scored an equaliser in the 91st minute to send me to 2nd place! DAMN IT!

1st	C	Farnborough	42	23	8	11	71	51	+20	77
[b]2nd	Pl	Basingstoke	42	22	9	11	70	40	+30	75[/b]
3rd	Pl	Bromley		42	21	10	11	79	68	+11	73
4th	Pl	Woking		42	21	9	12	60	44	+16	72
5th	Pl	Chelmsford	42	20	11	11	70	51	+19	71
6th		St. Albans	42	21	8	13	70	57	+13	71[/center]

Yeah, my fierce rivals grabbing the title frustrates me though anyway.

Play-off semi-final

Chelmsford 2 - 1 Basingstoke - FIRST LEG

Basingstoke 2 (3) - (2) 0 Chelmsford

PLAY-OFF FINAL

Basingstoke 2 - 1 Woking - rival

WINNING GOAL - MARK PATTISON

[video=youtube;OSQJsIw1918]

What happened in the season, all leagues involved!

Barclay's Premier League

1st	ECC	Man Utd		38	23	6	9	65	37	+28	75
2nd	ECC	Everton		38	23	6	9	63	38	+25	75
3rd	ECC	Chelsea		38	20	10	8	73	40	+33	70
4th	ECC	Tottenham	38	21	6	11	61	35	+26	69
5th	EC	Man City	38	18	9	11	55	49	+6	63
6th	EC	Arsenal		38	16	13	9	69	48	+21	61
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
18th	R	West Brom	38	10	5	23	41	73	-32	35
19th	R	West Ham	38	8	6	24	32	60	-28	30
20th	R	Blackpool	38	7	5	26	26	65	-39	26[/center]

Npower Championship

1st	C	Burnley		46	27	8	11	67	38	+29	89
2nd	P	Hull		46	23	11	12	66	47	+19	80
3rd		Leicester	46	24	7	15	55	41	+14	79
4th		Coventry	46	20	15	11	69	47	+22	75
5th		Nottm Forest	46	21	10	15	71	60	+11	73
6th	P	Q.P.R.		46	20	13	13	55	49	+6	73
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
22nd	R	Crystal Palace	46	13	11	22	46	61	-15	50
23rd	R	Swansea		46	12	10	24	44	60	-16	46
24th	R	Scunthorpe	46	8	9	29	42	75	-33	33[/center]

Npower League 1

1st	C	Peterborough	46	27	10	9	81	44	+37	91
2nd	P	Brentford	46	24	9	13	68	49	+19	81
3rd		Huddersfield	46	20	15	11	77	54	+23	75
4th		Sheff Wed	46	22	9	15	68	51	+17	75
5th		Charlton	46	22	9	15	65	55	+10	75
6th	P	Southampton	46	19	17	10	75	48	+27	74
21st	R	Yeovil		46	12	15	19	51	66	-15	51
22nd	R	Colchester	46	11	11	24	42	60	-18	44
23rd	R	Bournemouth	46	11	8	27	39	74	-35	41
24th	R	Dag & Red	46	7	10	29	36	80	-44	31[/center]

Npower League 2

1st	C	Rotherham	46	28	10	8	75	38	+37	94
2nd	P	Port Vale	46	23	12	11	71	49	+22	81
3rd	P	Gillingham	46	23	11	12	61	45	+16	80
4th		Bury		46	24	6	16	61	48	+13	78
5th		Bradford	46	21	12	13	43	35	+8	75
6th		Chesterfield	46	20	13	13	66	46	+20	73
7th	P	Oxford		46	21	10	15	61	51	+10	73
23rd	R	Cheltenham	46	12	9	25	48	72	-24	45
24th	R	Hereford	46	7	16	23	46	81	-35	37
[/center]

Blue Square Premier league

[center]
Pos	Inf	Team		Pld	Won	Drn	Lst	For	Ag	G.D.	Pts
1st	C	Luton		46	28	11	7	68	40	+28	95
2nd		Rushden		46	27	8	11	83	46	+37	89
3rd		Darlington	46	25	10	11	70	41	+29	85
4th	P	Crawley		46	25	10	11	80	60	+20	85
5th		Grimsby		46	22	13	11	63	38	+25	79
21st	R	Hayes & Yeading	46	9	18	19	45	67	-22	45
22nd	R	Tamworth	46	9	15	22	40	68	-28	42
23rd	R	Bath		46	11	9	26	46	77	-31	42
24th	R	Kidderminster	46	8	16	22	47	80	-33	40[/center]

Blue Square north

[center]
1st	C	AFC Telford	40	25	6	9	59	28	+31	81
2nd		Boston Utd	40	19	10	11	48	41	+7	67
3rd		Nuneaton	40	20	6	14	38	34	+4	66
4th		Workington	40	18	10	12	49	41	+8	64
5th	P	Gainsborough	40	17	12	11	50	35	+15	63
20th	R	Redditch	40	8	11	21	32	55	-23	35
21st	R	Hyde		40	7	9	24	29	55	-26	30

[/center]

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

1st	C	Farnborough	42	23	8	11	71	51	+20	77
[b]2nd	P	Basingstoke	42	22	9	11	70	40	+30	75[/b]
3rd		Bromley		42	21	10	11	79	68	+11	73
4th		Woking		42	21	9	12	60	44	+16	72
5th		Chelmsford	42	20	11	11	70	51	+19	71
20th	R	Boreham Wood	42	6	16	20	37	71	-34	34
21st	R	Thurrock	42	8	7	27	48	81	-33	31
22nd	R	Dartford	42	6	8	28	42	85	-43	26

[/center]

FA Cup winners

Bolton

League Cup winners

Manchester United

Champions League

Real Madrid

Euro Cup winners

Sporting CP

FA Trophy

Southport

Trophies earned this season

N/a

Awards earned this season

Blue Square South's manager of the season.

Blue Square South's manager of the month - November, December, January.

My managerial record - (2010 - present)

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
57     31	12	14	102	56	54%		N/a

Cups:

| Season | Champions Lge | Europa League | FA Cup | League Cup | FL Trophy | FA Trophy
|-----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------
| 10/11 (BSS) | | | 1st Rnd | | | 4th qual round replay

League:

Season Team League Position Achievements & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 Basingstoke BSS 2nd Play-off winners & Manager of the season

From now I'm only going to be updating at December and end of the season, however I will update monthly with information like my player of the month, young player, scorer and goal of the month and who has hit 100 appearances under my management!

First of all - What's expected of us to do this season, transfers made and the squad I'll be using for the Blue Square Premier League 2011/2012.

Seasons expectations

The board expect you to fight bravely to avoid relegation this season.

Transfers made since promotion

[center][b]Date	         Person	           From	        Fee[/b]
13.6.2011	Deeney, Ellis	Free Transfer	Free
28.6.2011	Morris, Josh	Free Transfer	Free
2.7.2011	Wijnhard, Clyde	Free Transfer	Free
5.7.2011	Harris, CourtneyFree Transfer	Free
13.7.2011	McArdle, Lee	Free Transfer	Free
20.7.2011	McPike, MitchellFree Transfer	Free
21.7.2011	Ngoo, Michael	Free Transfer	Free
9.8.2011	Bogle, Omar	Free Transfer	Free
[b]Total		£0[/b]

[b]Date	        Person	         To	        Fee[/b]
14.6.2011	Campbell, Peter		        Free
30.6.2011	Laidler, Stephen		Free
30.6.2011	Montague, Ross		        Free
30.6.2011	Pratt, David		        Free
3.7.2011	Tardif, Chris	Eastbourne Boro	Free
11.7.2011	Lawrence, Lee	Darlington	Free
20.7.2011	Rice, Robbie	Dartford	Free
[b]Total		£0[/b]
[/center]

Squad to work with

Pkd	Inf	Name	              Position	Nat	Height	Weight	Age	Value
GK	Wnt	James Gilpin	         GK	SCO	191 cm	90 kg	32	£8K
DR		Ben Hoskin	        D (R)	ENG	182 cm	74 kg	20	£45K
DCR		Tony Diagne	        D (C)	FRA	188 cm	84 kg	20	£45K
DCL		Lee McArdle	        D (C)	WAL	183 cm	83 kg	19	£85K
DL		Ellis Deeney	        D (L)	ENG	174 cm	74 kg	19	£45K
MR		Courtney Harris	        M (R)	ENG	161 cm	60 kg	19	£60K
MCR		Mitchell McPike	        M (C)	ENG	177 cm	79 kg	19	£65K
MCL		Ibrahim Sissoko	        DMM(C)  MLI	183 cm	72 kg	23	£9K
ML		Josh Morris	        M (LC)	ENG	179 cm	70 kg	19	£65K
STCR		Omar Bogle	        ST	ENG	179 cm	79 kg	19	£120K
STCL		Michael Ngoo	        ST	ENG	194 cm	76 kg	18	£130K
S1		Stefan Connor	        ST	ENG	183 cm	76 kg	21	£12K
S2		Hewitt-Fisher	        M/AM (C)WAL	176 cm	74 kg	21	£8K
S3		Callum Reynolds	        D (C)	ENG	183 cm	77 kg	21	£12K
S4		Gary Frewen	        M/AM (L)IRL	164 cm	65 kg	20	£35K
S5		Moses-Garvey	        AM(C)ST	SKN	173 cm	72 kg	21	£16K
S6	Rsv	Tommy Bunn	        D (C)	ENG	185 cm	82 kg	17	£2K
S8	Wnt	Kofi Poyser	        AM(R)ST	ENG	186 cm	86 kg	19	£50K
S10	Lst	Matty Warner	        M/AM(L)	ENG	178 cm	75 kg	26	£1K
S11	Wnt	Greg Draper	        ST	NZL	186 cm	78 kg	22	£10K
-	Rsv	Clyde Wijnhard	        ST	NED	181 cm	78 kg	37	£275
-	Rsv	Sean Hankin	        D (LC)	ENG	183 cm	77 kg	30	£1K

Manager's view on the squad, transfers and expectations.

I think we can easily exceed those expectations as long as we get a strong start to the season and not a disasterous one like last seasons shabby performances, on the transfer market I thought I needed to get rid of some dead-wood who were carrying the wage bill around so I got rid of that and brought in some new players who can work up to the new leagues standards, two shone out to me - Ngoo and Bogle who both rejected teams from higher leagues to join us which shows they want first team football in my eyes. Squad has a lot of depth in it so injuries won't effect much because we have players who can work all over the shop, however I might need to start finding a replacement for Gilpin who's coming on 32 now. Anyway! GOOD LUCK TEAM FOR THE SEASON!

Pre-season results & August's results

I've decided that I'm going to update it regularly but in chunks, so two months each and then do specials for the FA Cup.

Results from Pre-season and start of the season:

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-6-1.png

BSP League table after 6 games:

1st		Hereford	6	5	1	0	12	3	+9	16
2nd		York		6	4	1	1	7	6	+1	13
3rd		Gainsborough	6	3	3	0	8	4	+4	12
4th		Southport	6	3	2	1	12	5	+7	11
5th		Mansfield	6	3	2	1	10	8	+2	11
6th		AFC Telford	6	3	2	1	6	4	+2	11
7th		Altrincham	6	2	4	0	12	8	+4	10
8th		Fleetwood	6	2	4	0	9	7	+2	10
9th		Wrexham		6	3	0	3	9	6	+3	9
[b]10th		Basingstoke	6	2	3	1	7	7	0	9[/b]
11th		Newport Co	6	2	1	3	11	10	+1	7
12th		AFC Wimbledon	6	2	1	3	8	7	+1	7
13th		Cheltenham	6	1	4	1	6	5	+1	7
14th		Barrow		6       2	1	3	9	10	-1	7
15th		Kettering	6	2	1	3	7	8	-1	7
16th		Darlington	6	1	4	1	6	7	-1	7
17th		Histon		6	2	1	3	6	7	-1	7
18th		Farnborough	6	2	1	3	6	8	-2	7
19th		Rushden		6	1	3	2	5	7	-2	6
20th		Grimsby		6	1	2	3	4	5	-1	5
21st		Gateshead	6	1	2	3	9	12	-3	5
22nd		Eastbourne Boro	6	1	1	4	8	13	-5	4
23rd		Cambridge       6	0	3	3	7	14	-7	3
24th		Forest Green	6	0	1	5	2	15	-13	1
[/center]

Managers view on the pre-season & the start of a new season

Good start to the season, we've been quite solid after a few games even though the 2-0 loss to Arch rivals Farnborough didn't go down to well however I've finally got my two strikers fit and ready to start banging the goals away, so a good 10th position is quite good considering the teams competing in the league.

Basingstoke player of the month: Ngoo, good start to his season at Basingstoke and I'm proud to have him in the striker position a long with the depth I have there.

Basingstoke young player of the month: Tommy Amos, kid is coming a long well as I put him in a variety of matches to test him out which he exceeded in, might see some first team starts come his way.

Basingstoke top scorer of the month: Tommy Amos - 3 goals coming from the pre-season games

Basingstoke league top scorer of the month: 2 goals a piece for Omar Bogle who saved us against Rushden with a 2-2 equalising header in the 92nd minute and Ngoo who also scored in the Rushden game to help us grab a point.

GOAL OF THE MONTH - Will be updated later on.

September, October, November & December REVIEW!

BasingstokeTownBasingstoke_Fixtures-8-1.png

1st		Hereford	26	15	8	3	52	28	+24	53
2nd		Mansfield	26	15	6	5	43	23	+20	51
3rd		Grimsby		25	13	6	6	29	16	+13	45
[b]4th		Basingstoke	26	12	8	6	39	29	+10	44[/b]
5th		Cheltenham	26	10	10	6	36	21	+15	40
6th		Kettering	26	12	3	11	32	31	+1	39
7th		Gainsborough	26	9	9	8	40	35	+5	36
8th		Wrexham		25	10	6	9	33	29	+4	36
9th		Darlington	26	9	9	8	26	29	-3	36
10th		Southport	25	10	6	9	28	33	-5	36
11th		AFC Wimbledon	25	9	8	8	39	34	+5	35
12th		York		26	9	8	9	24	26	-2	35
13th		Cambridge	26	8	9	9	32	36	-4	33
14th		Newport Co	25	8	8	9	31	30	+1	32
15th		Eastbourne Boro	25	8	8	9	30	32	-2	32
16th		Rushden		26	7	10	9	25	29	-4	31
17th		Fleetwood	26	7	10	9	30	46	-16	31
18th		Gateshead	26	6	11	9	32	36	-4	29
19th		Altrincham	25	6	9	10	35	33	+2	27
20th		Barrow		26	7	6	13	25	36	-11	27
21st		Histon		25	7	6	12	22	34	-12	27
22nd		AFC Telford	26	7	5	14	26	35	-9	26
23rd		Forest Green	26	7	5	14	18	38	-20	26
24th		Farnborough	26	5	10	11	29	37	-8	25[/center]

BlueSquareBetPremierAwards_AwardWinners-3.png

Manager's review on the months

Great few months which have gained us a position in the play-off places due to the whole team coming together, I decided to cash in on my central defender Tony Diagne who I got on free transfer for a free of 7k which will help our club get out of our debt which now stands at 26,000. I've also been able to get my whole team to blend as a whole which means our team is playing much better together in my new 4-1-2-1-2 formation which has led us to great victories, mainly the 4-1 win against current league leaders Hereford.

Recently I've had 3 great young products come up in my youth team and one got to the age of 17 and I brought him into the first team squad were he is doing very well and I think he's going to go on and do really well. So it's a good few months and it's great to see arch rivals fall under our 2-0 win and fall to 24th place which made me smile. And 2 manager of the month awards really made me proud.

Basingstoke player of the months: James Gilpin, he's been solid in goal even though he had a lapse in form throughout December he held through and is doing very well at Basingstoke.

Basingstoke young player of the months: Liam Ritchie, great start to he career at the Camrose and has delivered some great performances at a young age of 17.

Basingstoke top scorer of the months: Moses-Garvey, 8 goals in the months.

GOAL OF THE MONTH - STEFAN CONNOR

[video=youtube;rtrLaNd0eoE]

Thanks, BSP results are so odd I'd win 4-1 and then lose 1-0 the next game but I'm currently on a 11 unbeaten run which is really good even though I've been knocked out of both FA trophy (vs Eastleigh) and FA Cup (vs Hartlepool).

Only 1 game to go and the league stands like this

1st Basingstoke - 84

2nd Hereford - 83

3rd Mansfield - 83

So close once again, I hope I don't fail like last season and not get the top spot. I'll be updating it tomorrow as I'm tired right now.

Again... we fall to our last game houdini, we fail to turn up on the day and get thumped 3-1 to concede the title to Hereford, now to the play-offs where I don't hold much hope.

Edit: And to top it all off, I've been handed a touchline ban for my comments on the referees game which was abysmal.

Basingstoke vs Grimsby town - Play-off semis.

Basingstoke 4 - 3 Grimsby town

B'stoke goal scorers: Matt Stepney (3), Harris (1).

B'stoke MOM: Matt Stepney - 9.70.

Basingstoke (5) 1 - 0 (3) Grimsby town - At the Camrose!

B'stoke goal scorers: Aaron Moses-Garvey

B'stoke MOM: Matt Stepney - 7.80

Basingstoke 2 - 1 Mansfield - Play-off finals.

Every league, TOP to bottom.

Barclay's premier league

1st	ECC	Man Utd		38	27	7	4	81	36	+45	88
2nd	ECC	Liverpool	38	25	7	6	76	32	+44	82
3rd	ECC	Chelsea		38	25	6	7	66	32	+34	81
4th	ECC	Man City	38	22	10	6	62	29	+33	76
5th	EC	Arsenal		38	16	11	11	56	46	+10	59
6th	EC	Birmingham	38	15	13	10	55	49	+6	58
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
18th	R	Wigan		38	9	7	22	33	65	-32	34
19th	R	Q.P.R.		38	5	8	25	35	73	-38	23
20th	R	Burnley		38	6	5	27	23	67	-44	23

Npower championship

1st	C	Middlesbrough	46	28	11	7	72	34	+38	95
2nd	P	Bristol City	46	27	7	12	77	46	+31	88
3rd		West Ham	46	26	8	12	84	47	+37	86
4th		Sheff Utd	46	23	15	8	77	46	+31	84
5th		Portsmouth	46	23	11	12	67	44	+23	80
6th	P	Leeds		46	21	17	8	69	48	+21	80
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
22nd	R	Watford		46	10	13	23	37	70	-33	43
23rd	R	Doncaster	46	10	11	25	47	68	-21	41
24th	R	Brentford	46	10	7	29	41	86	-45	37

Npower league 1

1st	C	Huddersfield	46	27	10	9	89	48	+41	91
2nd	P	Swindon		46	26	11	9	76	49	+27	89
3rd		Brighton	46	23	15	8	73	44	+29	84
4th		Charlton	46	21	10	15	66	62	+4	73
5th		Crystal Palace	46	19	16	11	57	56	+1	73
6th	P	Sheff Wed	46	18	15	13	71	53	+18	69
21st	R	Leyton Orient	46	14	9	23	55	71	-16	51
22nd	R	Rotherham	46	13	10	23	57	72	-15	49
23rd	R	Tranmere	46	12	12	22	43	67	-24	48
24th	R	Oxford		46	8	13	25	36	64	-28	37

Npower league 2

1st	C	Bury		46	28	8	10	72	49	+23	92
2nd	P	Southend	46	26	12	8	77	44	+33	90
3rd	P	Bradford	46	27	6	13	71	39	+32	87
4th	P	Torquay		46	24	12	10	72	48	+24	84
5th		Luton		46	24	11	11	78	42	+36	83
6th		Colchester	46	23	11	12	58	43	+15	80
23rd	R	Aldershot	46	12	8	26	39	60	-21	44
24th	R	Macclesfield	46	9	8	29	42	80	-38	35

Blue Square south

1st	C	Bath		42	22	15	5	67	29	+38	81
2nd	P	Bromley		42	24	8	10	71	41	+30	80
3rd		Ebbsfleet	42	21	13	8	66	32	+34	76
4th		Woking		42	21	13	8	55	38	+17	76
5th	Weston-super-Mare	42	22	8	12	69	41	+28	74
20th	R	Sutton Utd	42	6	14	22	35	65	-30	32
21st	R	Salisbury	42	8	7	27	33	77	-44	31
22nd	R	Weymouth	42	5	8	29	24	85	-61	23

Blue Square north

1st	C	Corby		42	26	6	10	63	35	+28	84
2nd		Worcester	42	22	11	9	61	32	+29	77
3rd		Workington	42	20	15	7	62	40	+22	75
4th		Hinckley	42	20	11	11	53	36	+17	71
5th	P	Boston Utd	42	19	13	10	56	38	+18	70
20th	R	FC United	42	7	11	24	34	71	-37	32
21st	R	Hednesford	42	6	10	26	25	63	-38	28
22nd	R	Lowestoft	42	2	7	33	20	88	-68	13

Last.. but NOT least - Blue Square premier league!

1st	C	Hereford	46	24	14	8	95	52	+43	86
[b]2nd	P	Basingstoke	46	24	12	9	78	53	+25	84[/b]
3rd		Mansfield	46	24	11	11	77	46	+31	83
4th		Cheltenham	46	23	12	11	65	35	+30	81
5th		Grimsby		46	23	9	14	63	40	+23	78
21st	R	Farnborough	46	12	14	20	54	66	-12	50
22nd	R	Fleetwood	46	10	18	18	56	82	-26	48
23rd	R	AFC Telford	46	12	8	26	38	63	-25	44
24th	R	Forest Green	46	11	6	29	28	69	-41	39

FA Cup winners

Manchester United

League Cup winners

Chelsea

Champions league winners

Olympique Marseilles

European cup winners

Villarreal

FA Trophy winners

York

My managerial record - (2010 - present) (697 days in charge)

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
109     58	24	27	190	5	53%		N/a

Cups:

| Season 	| Champions Lge	| Europa League	| FA Cup	| League Cup	|  FL Trophy	| FA Trophy		
|-----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------
| 10/11 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 1st Rnd    	| 		|  		| 4th qual round replay 
 11/12 (BSP)   |               |               | 1st Rnd       |               |               | 1st rnd. 

League:

Season      	Team      		League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11		Basingstoke   	         BSS	    	2nd      	Play-off winners & Manager of the season 
2011/12         Basingstoke 	         BSP            2nd             Play-off winners

Might post up my transfers later! Probably once the best XI come out.

Edit: Can't wait until I get my transfer budget for the season! Hope I can grill out some good deals to keep us up and maybe push for another promotion? Who knows?!

Archived