AI Experiment - what would happen if?

Three more logos.. same shape to the original bandits logo..

bandits3cf9.pngbandits4sc5.pngbandits3ake6.png

VonBlade: you can get some templets from FMGlive.. they have a good collection for kits.. i use their base design but the rest i normally modify to my likeing..

Logo templets, i dont know of any.. i make all my logos myself.. only thing i use is pictures for the logos as i am too lazy to make my own :p..

Now iam going to go and play some FM..

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second one ftmfw!

Thanks for the hint. I'll pop along. Can do logos easily enough with my mad fotosh0p sk1llz! edit #2 Is the FMG site always up and down like a brides nightie?

Or just grab them from here and chop them lol.

Edit - Bloody typical. I grab a link I've had for years from the days when I used to do skins for Papyrus and SimBin games, and it's the first freaking link on the FMG "how to" site. I thought I was being clever. Curses!!

Second one ftmfw!

Thanks for the hint. I'll pop along. Can do logos easily enough with my mad fotosh0p sk1llz! edit #2 Is the FMG site always up and down like a brides nightie?

Or just grab them from here and chop them lol.

Edit - Bloody typical. I grab a link I've had for years from the days when I used to do skins for Papyrus and SimBin games, and it's the first freaking link on the FMG "how to" site. I thought I was being clever. Curses!!

Yea i have seen that link before.. i used it when i first started making logos.. just to get some ideas.. but now i like designing it myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is how the home kit looks with one of the above logos on them..

banditsawaymq3.png

I'm trying to think of a sponsor that would suit the Bandits. Huge cash, no end product. You need a company that makes really expensive stuff, but that doesn't provide lasting results. Pfizer? SAC Capital (Hedge funds). Hmmm.

Enron comes to mind :D

Like everyone else I'm very disappointed in the content of the update and I have now lost faith as I don't even know what we need anymore, luck maybe?

fwiw I like the second logo best, then the third.

Lol. Enron. Good answer! Also nice to see you still around.

Second logo too. Then third if you put a gun to my head and forced me to root for the Stealers on thursday or pick a logo other than the second one. Stop editing your posts Abs ;)

Love the shirt. Très sophistiqué.

Awesome work Abs - nice one!

I think I'm in agreement with everyone here, that this should be the logo:

bandits4sc5.png

And these the home and away kits:

banditsawaymq3.png

banditsaway3uh4.png

The red one would also be good for a third kit if they ever need it.

This is really fantastic stuff.

Fantastics looking kits. But........don't you need to change the badge on the away kit to the same as the home kit otherwise there is different badges? ;)

As we are nearing the end of FM2007 experiment, and approaching the start of new experiment, I hope Kip wouldn't mind if I post what happened with The Bandits in my game. I made exactly the same changes to the database as he did.

First season was successful for them, as they have won FA Cup and Conference South. In next 4 years they have reached Championship, but everything after that was very uninspiring.

AI has failed miserably in my case. They have never even reached Premiership football. It's amazing that club with so much money still has local reputation after 20 years.

landmarksxc6.jpg

banditsaway3uh4.png

The red one would also be good for a third kit if they ever need it.

This is really fantastic stuff.

Fantastics looking kits. But........don't you need to change the badge on the away kit to the same as the home kit otherwise there is different badges? ;)

Lol.. yup i am aware of that, they were just mockups to choose from.. :p

As we are nearing the end of FM2007 experiment, and approaching the start of new experiment, I hope Kip wouldn't mind if I post what happened with The Bandits in my game. I made exactly the same changes to the database as he did.

First season was successful for them, as they have won FA Cup and Conference South. In next 4 years they have reached Championship, but everything after that was very uninspiring.

AI has failed miserably in my case. They have never even reached Premiership football. It's amazing that club with so much money still has local reputation after 20 years.

landmarksxc6.jpg

No wonder they didn't do too well... they hired Mike Hunt as manager :p

GIMP is an open-source (meaning anyone can make their own version if they feel like it) image editing program.

And, like pretty much any open-source programs, it's immensely powerful, it can do at least 80% of what Photoshop does, but it's also horrendously intimidating and difficult to use. :)

The best choice if you don't want to shell out the $800 or so for Photoshop, and don't fear spending time to learn how to use it properly (though you'd be doing that with Photoshop as well).

Lol. Enron. Good answer! Also nice to see you still around.

Second logo too. Then third if you put a gun to my head and forced me to root for the Stealers on thursday or pick a logo other than the second one. Stop editing your posts Abs ;)

Love the shirt. Très sophistiqué.

You're a Bengals fan?

The kits having Boeing as a sponsor doesn't really satisfy me for a couple of reasons. One it's an American company so football wouldn't be there first priority. Second they already have enough cash and really don't need to have a sponsor so maybe they could have a charity logo a la Barcelona instead and be "the nice guys" as opposed to The Sheriffs who could have an weapon/drug/alcool or tobacco producer as their sponsor... maybe it should be the other way around considering that we're called The Bandits ;)

I'd suggest the United Nations for one club and Al-Quaida for the other or something like that.

Oh and I don't remember if it's been talked about or not but what is The Bandit's stadium's name? Could it be re-named after one of our great players/managers in the next experiment? Or simply call it Kipfizh's stadium, home of The Bandits. :)

You're a Bengals fan?

Absolutely. I've been a Bengals fan all my life. 25 years of misery punctuated by a couple of average seasons. Plus this was in the pre-internet zero-coverage-in-the-UK years. I bleed black and orange. You better not be from either Cleveland or Pittsburgh :D

I don't mind Boeing, but still feel we should have a pretend company sponsoring a pretend team. If we have to have a charity sponsor then it has to be Macmillan.org. And perhaps Philip Morris for the Sheriffs ;)

Hmmm. Stadium name. Ryan Morley or Mensah Kinch if it's players. I'll put my vote down for the "Danny Gamble Memorial Stadium".

VB

Me being a Bengals fan

I like your Danny Gamble Memorial Stadium suggestion, I also wouldn't mind ficticious companies to sponsor either team, I just think that both sponsors should be complete opposites. One should be something that everyone likes and the other something that everyone hates, hence my Al Quaida vs United Nations suggestion.

As for the Bengals you have to be doing it on purpose, Tottenham and them!?!? Next thing you'll tell me that you're a die hard Clippers fan, or support the English national team :p

That being said I'm an Eagles fan so we shared the ugliest game of the season this past Sunday, also, if you're really into American football several of us post regularly on the NFL thread in OTF and I don't think we have a Bengals fan in there yet.

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=11095

Oh and I lived with a Steelers' fan for a long time and hate Roethlisberger with passion so I'll be routing for your beloved Bengals tonight.

Edit: The Bill "Coward" shirt's pretty funny :thup:

I know. Bengals and Spurs. And the 'Nati Reds too. Apparently I love a loser who can occasionally pull out a good result.

Damn that Eagles game was madness. Neither team wanted to win it. We kept running in OT. Madness. But I'll move on to the NFL thread :D

After great work from Abs UK for the new Bandits badge and kits I've come across the perfect badge for their new rivals The Sheriffs.

It's taken from the team FC Sheriff Tiraspol from Moldova. With a little change to the wording I think it might be perfect, they just need some kit.

Here's the badge.

478105.png

Guest roberto922

That was meant for the Sheriffs (a good one) and for the bandits I think the 3rd one looks decent. Someone above said about having a charity sponsor so I responded...

Guest roberto922

If you make a sheriffs one I think you should definitely use the cancer research logo as a sponsor, it would look quite good IMO

Archived