[FM10] A journey around the UK

greenwhitearmy

map.png

Game: FM10

Patch: 10.3

Database Size: Small - Due to my incredibly bad laptop

Leagues Loaded:

All Leagues from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

With my laptop unable to cope with lots of leagues, I'm going to attempt a journeyman career through the United Kingdom, I am not the best of managers but will try my best and update you guys with my progress. Wish me luck and comments would be appreciated.

My manager has a Northern Irish/English nationality so being realistic as possible I'm going to start with a Sunday League rep and have randomly chosen a team from the Northern Irish Second Division to start off with and build from there. My first update will be in the next post showing details of the team I've chosen.

I would appreciate if people took the time to comment and give me any tips or support for my career. Thanks :)

Season Updates:

Moyola Park - Northern Irish Second Division - 10th

Moyola Park - Northern Irish Second Division - 9th

Afan Lido - Principality Welsh Premiership - 4th - Loosemores League Cup Winners

Afan Lido - Principality Welsh Premiership - 4th - Loosemores League Cup Runners Up - Welsh Cup Runners Up

Afan Lido - Principlaity Welsh Premiership - 1st - Loosemores League Cup Winners

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSickBEirF4qkLNEkwdGWgT3RFJQjrFKEamhb_xU1IhR94NsbfpGQ

Moyola Park

Moyola Park Association Football Club is a Northern Irish football club playing in IFA Championship 2. The club, founded in 1880, hails from Castledawson, near Magherafelt, County Londonderry, and plays its home matches at the Mill Meadow, which has an artificial "3G" surface. Until the 2008/09 season, its home was the eponymous Moyola Park, but at the start of 2009/10 it used Coagh United's Hagan Park while its current ground was under construction. . The first match at the new ground was on 16th January 2010 against Lurgan Celtic.

Moyola Park also have a Co-operative Insurance Football Skills Development Centre as well as the following teams: Under 10, Under 12, Under 14, Under 16, Ladies Team and Moyola Park Olympic and the club colours are royal blue and yellow.

Moyola Park are the club that have been selected by me to start my career with, we have a media prediction of 5th and with finances being tight, It should be a hard place to start my Career. After talking with my Assistant and looking through my Squad, my best player is the Striker Tomas McCann and with a lack of any real quality in the defence some deals will need to be made and maybe some loans with the finances being tight

Moyola Park - Pre Season

2009preseason.jpg

A great start to the season by going unbeaten through pre season while scoring 16 goals from 6 games. Fair enough the teams we played wern't exactly the best but we played well and got the results. The win against Premier Division side Newry was particularly pleasing and hopefully we can keep up our form going into the league.

Media Prediction: 5th

I've made a few Transfers as you can see here to give the squad some quality about it.

MoyolaPark-3.png

Here is the formaton I've chosen to use, with a lack of any decent wingers at the club I've been forced to play a narrow formation and I will play high tempo direct counter attacking, aggressive football to hopefully get the best out of my team.

Moyola Park - August/September Update

2009augsep.jpg

Well after 5 games we're unbeaten but we are playing awful football and just about grinded out that last win against Killymoon, We should have been well beaten against H&W but got lucky with a penalty and the only match we played decent in was the Chimney Corner match when we were leading right up to the last minute and they snatched a draw. I'm going to have to do something about the lack of goals and probably will go 4-1-2-3 and hope for more success.

Moyola Park - October/November Update

2009novdec.jpg

Well it's went from bad to worse now with us losing our 4 league games while scraping through cup wins against non league teams, the change in tactics didn't work so I reverted back to the original formation and it didn't help much either. The positive aspect was the win against non- league Coleraine Crues where we dominated the game for the first time in a few months and played well so hopefully we can build on that Performance.

League - We deserve to be in this position.

Moyola Park - December/January Update

0910decjan.jpg

The glimmer of hope from the Coleraine Crues match hasn't exactly shone through but we've picked up some good performances and are dominating games but can't seem to get the results. We are now out of all the cups while getting by a reserve team which was an embarrassment. The board are "disappointed" with me and the Press have been getting to me with News articles like this, Thankfully we went on a 5 game unbeaten streak at the end of the month and hopefully we can keep up or form so I can prove to the board that I am a half decent manager.

League - An improvement but still very bad.

Moyola Park - February/March Update

2010marapr.jpg

The month started off with a loss 1-0 away to Dundela and I thought that it was going to be a start to a very bad month but after this we picked up our form and after 5 games we had won 2 and drew 3 while not conceding any and in some of those draws we should of scored at least 2 or 3, I'm pleased with the performances this month and with 5 games to go in the league I'd be happy if won 2 of them but my job is still under threat with the press still on my toes and I've been linked to a few other jobs but it just seems like speculation.

League - I'ts tight around there but better then last month.

Moyola Park - April May Update

2010aprmay.jpg

We started off the month from where we picked off last month playing fantastically beating 2nd Place Wakehurst 2-0 and 4th Place Sport and Leisure 2-0 also. We hadn't conceded in 8 games after this but the run had to stop somewhere where we were beat 1-0 by Annagh Utd , I wasn't too pleased with the lads and wanted to carry on our unbeaten run to the end of the season. Our last game of the season was against league leaders Queen's, they had to win to guarantee the Title and they were stubborn opponents beating us with 10 men, we couldn't seem to break them down and lost 1-0. A good month apart from the 2 losses but I was pleased with us getting the wins.

Moyola Park - End of Season Update

League Table

Cups

Intermediate Cup - 3rd Round

Mid Ulster Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - 3rd Round

Squad Stats

Player of the Year

Top Goalscorer - Dwyer Hill - 4

Most Assists - Ryan Leacock, Darren Henderson, Luke McNally - 3

Most MoM's - Ryan Leacock - 9

Highest Average Rating - Ryan Leacock - 7.24

So, a not so good start to my Career with the first half of the season being very disappointing but the second half of the season was promising and with a few signings being made upfront we could have been a lot better. Our Defence was the best in the league with us only conceding 18 goals from 28 games and going on a run of 8 games without conceding but the weak point in my squad was the lack of goals scored with only 15 being scored from 28 games. The board are still unconvinced by me as the manager but I will keep going as I have a year remaining on my contract, I'll need to get some new strikers for next season if I want to improve on this years performance. I'm going to keep going as this job until any new opportunities arise and then depending on how I'm doing that will make up my mind if I want to move or not.

Elsewhere in the UK

English Premier Division

1: Liverpool

2: Man Utd

3: Arsenal

4: Chelsea

Relegated: Wolves, Wigan, Portsmouth

Coca- Cola Championship

1: West Brom

2: Cardiff

3: Middlesborough

Relegated: Palace, Doncaster, Blackpool

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

1: Rangers

2: Celtic

3: Dundee Utd

Relegated: Hamilton

Principality Welsh Premier

1: Llanelli

2: Neath

3. Bangor City

Relegated: Cefn Druids, Prestatyn

Northern Irish Premier Division

1: Linfield

2: Portadown

3: Glentoran

Relegated: Newry

World Cup 2010 - Holders - Italy - Hosts - South Africa

Winners: Italy

Runner Up: Switzerland

Third Place: Brazil

UK Countries:

England: 3rd in group after Cameroon and Holland

Northern Ireland: Beaten by Algeria 2-1 in the second round.

Scotland: DNQ

Wales: DNQ

Good to see Northern Ireland go further then England :)

Moyola Park - Pre Season Update 2010

2010preseason.jpg

I want to improve on my position of 10th last season by making into the top half or pushing into the top 5, The first match against Forfar was very pleasing witha 3-0 victory in which we dominated and we were the underdogs. Next was a little holiday to Fiji against Nadi to bring in some money and we never really looked like losing against a weak team. The next two matches were used so I could try out new formations and tactics so the results don't bother me and the match against Ballyclare who are in the division above where we performed well and got the win. A pleasing start to the new season and hopefully with the quality I've brought in through my Transfers and the dead wood going out we could do well.and this Player in particular who looks like he could play in the Premier division and at a young age he will develop into a class player.

Media Prediction: 4th

Moyola Park - August/September Update

2010augsep.jpg

We started off with a 1-1 draw against Dergview with them scoring a late goal to equalise, we then went and won the next two matches but not really that convincing and only by 1 goal so i'm not that confident at the moment with my squad being gelled in together, hopefully it shouldn't take long until they prove me I've signed some quality players. We finished off with 2 draws and 1 of them getting extremely lucky scoring in the last minute of the game through a penalty. I've also went more attacking this year to produce more goals and it hasn't really shown but hopefully it will soon.

League Table - We remain to be the only team undefeated

tactic2010.jpg

Here is the formation I'm using at the moment, I've changed the DMC from last year to an AMC to hopefully provide us with more firepower upfront and make us more dangerous but the downside will obviously be in defence and my defence won't be as tight as they were last year. One of the Central Mid players is defensively minded and will stay back while the other 2 break from him and attack with the front 3.

Nicely turned around! :thup:. At the halfway mark I thought you was down but well done on turning it around. What d'you think the turning point was? Did you change from the holding midfielder (the anchor man) formation to the support man formation halfway through the season or have you only changed formation at the start of this season?

Cheers mate, Well I think the turning point was due to me not scoring enough goals I had tinkered with the tactical settings a bit to find out what would work and instead of Counter I went to Control and was creating more chances and then finishing them to win matches. Also changing from a standard philosohpy to a Rigid one helped a bit I think because of the lack of qualilty in my Squad. Or maybe all the changes didn't mean anything and I was just unlucky in the first half of the season :p

Moyola Park - October/November Update

2010octnov.jpg

We started the month off against newly promoted Dromara and easily beat them 3-1 with James Fraser, My AMC set as Inside Forward grabbed a hattrick and has been on fire so far scoring 6 out of 6, another 3-1 win against a strong H&W side seen us go top of the league. But then came the bad run and the cup matches we were dumped out of all the cups in the first round and one of them was by non-league Lower Maze, we couldn't break them down while having 15 shots and 8 SOT. Luckily we were fortunate in the league salvaging a lot of penalties and i mean a lot we have had 7 from the start of the season so far and we managed to draw our league games while not particularly playing that well.

League - Better then last season and still unbeaten so I'm happy.

Moyola Park - December/January Update

1011decjan.jpg

After 3 0-0 draws we looked like our old selfs not creating chances but not conceding either but we were playing attacking football. We should of beat bottom team Seapatrick as we missed a penalty in injury time to win us the match. The board were getting increasingly annoyed and after the Knockbreda match I got this message I told the lads we need to up our performances and they answered me by destroying Tobermore 4-0, my best win yet on this career. After that we played top of the league Lurgan Celtic and beat them 2-0 away from home which was a very pleasing result, the board then changed their mind and were not worried that they would lose me. A dissapointing end to the month as we should of beat underdogs Glebe as we dominated the game and then we were beat for the first time in 17 matches in the league and during this my best player and top goalscorer is now out for 3 months. Great.

League - 1st-8th are all very close together.

Moyola Park - End of Season Update

2011endofseason.jpg

A very dissapointing end to the season, after the 16 match ubeaten run we looked nothing like the team we were before and never really got going again and couldn't string together more then 1 win. We won 3 games out of 13 and that was not good enough if we wanted promotion from our very good start to the year. After this bad run I've thought it is time to move on from Moyola Park and hopefully continue my managerial career so I have rejected the three year contract they have offered me and have resigned hoping to get a new job in the near future.

League Table - 9 points better then last year but could have been much more.

Cups

Intermediate Cup - 1st Round

Mid Ulster Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - 2nd Round

Squad Stats

Player of the Year

Top Goalscorer: James Fraser - 8

Most Assists: Sammy Wright - 5

Most MoMs: Jon Marzetti - 5

Highest Average Rating: Jon Marzetti - 7.16

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjL5NDMC-gV3Nxi2qoaoPD8kab49O64hYqKrzQ5EYAIsgb_dSf

Afan Lido

Afan Lido F.C. is a football team, playing in the MacWhirter Welsh Football League Division One.

The club was founded in 1967, and they play at the Marston Stadium, Aberavon, which accommodates 4200 spectators (525 seated).

After holidaying for just over a month, newly promoted Afan Lido have offered me a job which I have took as I see it as a step up from Moyola Park as when I joined the club I am delighted to see that we are in the Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round against FK Silute from Lithuania after coming runners up in the Welsh Cup last season so that should bring in some finances so I can make some deals to strengthen the squad in the transfer market. Our odds are at 2000-1 so by the looks of things relegation is expected.

Afan Lido - Pre Season Update 2011

2011preseason-1.jpg

Well I was only 3 games into my job at Afan Lido when we had to play our match in Europe, with such a short time away to the match I hadn't made any signings and my squad was very weak and therefore we were beaten 5-3 on aggregate over 2 legs but the upside was that we got over 100k profit from the matches. On the other matches I was still trying to get formations and tactics to work and still was making deals in the market so the results don't reflect how good we can be. We have been drawn in the Loosemores League Cup Group A with Llanelli and Port Talbot, a hard group to progress from. My Transfers and preffered formation will be in the next update which will hopefully show some good results :)

Media Prediction: 14th

Afan Lido - August/September Update

2011augsep.jpg

I couldn't of asked for more with my start at Afan Lido, I've brought in nearly a new full starting XI because of the lack of quality in my team before I took over, the new signings have clicked together and are ripping up the league and scoring goals all round them. We've beat the current league holders Llanelli already in the Loosemores League Cup and we are sitting top of our group but having played a game more then everyone else. Here are my Transfers as you can see bringing in a lot of players.

League Table.

Loosemores League Cup Group

tactic2011.jpg

This is the formation that has been working very well for me in both Attack and Defence. A narrow 4-3-3 formation that provides a lot of Clear cut chances from through balls throught to my pacey front 3 who have provided a lot of goals so far.

Afan Lido - January Update

2012jan.jpg

I played on a bit so I've did two updates in one here. Well we haven't been as good as the first few months but we are still up at the top end of the table and the board are very pleased with me, we have also reached the Final of the Loosemores League Cup after we beat Neath 2-1 over 2 legs and we will now play Bangor City in the final in April, I have also reached my 100th game of management and we went on to beat Bangor City 3-1. We've had a few bad runs of form but have ended the month with 2 straight wins which will hopefully continue. We are 5 points away from the pack of teams just above us and need to get some wins going if we want to stay up there because it is quite tight below.

League Table

Afan Lido - February/March Update

2012febmar.jpg

Well after the last update things were looking good but now they are looking even better, what a great two months. The best of my career so far, We are now 11 games unbeaten and have won 6 games in a row including a 1-0 win against Title Contenders Llangefni and also a 2-1 over Welshpool. The match against Newtown which ended 2-2 was really dissapointing an easy 2 points dropped. We were dominating the game and should have had about 6 by 80 minutes we were 2-0 up and they managed to pull it back to a draw with the last kick of the game. The match against Prestatyn which we won 3-1 was the most one-sided match i've seen in a while we had 25 shots and 7 Clear Cut Chances to their 1 shot. It could have easily been 10. With 3 League games left and the form we're in the title isn't out of range yet. we're 4 points behind league leaders Airbus and with 9 points available, the title is up for grabs. We also have the Loosemores League Cup final to look forward to which if we win will be my first trophy in my managerial career. I also picked up Manager of the month for the first time as well.

League Table

Afan Lido - End of Season Update

2012april.jpg

In the end we didn't win the league which would have been a great achievement, with 3 matches remaining, we had to win them all to have a chance but we blew it on the first match against Llanelli where we completely dominated the match and should have won easily. We then won the next two matches but "In the end, it didn't even matter" Airbus beat us to the title by 4 points and we ended up in 4th place. Although the Loosemores League Cup Final was still to be played at the wonderful Millenium Stadium. We never really looked like losing from the start and when Sam Wade put us infront at the 29 minute mark I knew we were going to win and ended up 3-0 winners. Then I got a news message saying the fans thought I was some sort of magician. We ended up the season 15 games unbeaten and still going.

League Table

Squad Stats

Player of the Year

Top Goalscorer: - Bobby Devyne - 18

Most Assists: - Dean Sinclair - 13

Most MoM's: - Neil Byrne - 7

Highest Average Rating: Danny Fitzsimmons - 7.14

Cups

Loosemores League Cup: Winners

Welsh Cup: 3rd Round

It was a great first season for me at Afan Lido and I couldn't of asked for more we were newly promoted and managed to finish 4th in a very competitive league. I grabbed my first trophy and hopefully it won't be the last, With a few signings being made before next season, I definitely think we can challenge for the title and some more domestic cup glory. I will most likely be staying with Afan Lido unless a big club comes in for me but that is unlikely so maybe I can go for the title next season which would be a huge achievement.

Winners Elsewhere

International

World Cup

2010 Italy

European Championships

2012 Italy

Continental

Club World Cup

2009 Barcelona

2010 Real Madrid

2011 Chelsea

Champions League

2010 Real Madrid

2011 Chelsea

2012 Arsenal

Euro Cup

2010 Lyon

2011 Marseille

2012 Benfica

Super Cup

2010 Real Madrid

2011 Chelsea

U.K

English Premier Division

2010 Liverpool

2011 Man City

2012 Man City

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

2010 Rangers

2011 Celtic

2012 Celtic

Principality Welsh Premier

2010 Llanelli

2011 Llanelli

2012 Airbus

Northern Irish Premier Division

2010 Linfield

2011 Linfield

2012 Coleraine

Moyola Park - Pre Season Update 2012

2012preseason.jpg

The Pre-Season results didn't really go in my favour apart from a comfortable 3-0 win against former club Moyola Park showing my superiority, although the new manager led them to an impressive 4th last season. This season I am aiming for a top 3 finish and in my mind I will be wanting the title due to my close finish last year coming in at 4th. I've give the squad some depth by signing a few new players for the season, all of them are English youngsters with potential signed on free transfers after being released from Premiership/Championship clubs. We have been handed a tough draw in the Loosemores League Cup which we are the current holders, we have got Llanelli for the second time in a row and also Neath. I will be hoping to retain the title for this cup and maybe challenge for the Welsh Cup because I believe we have enough quality to beat anyone in the league on our day. Tactics wise I'll be going for the same approach as I went for last year, an attacking 4-3-3 formation which will score a lot of goals as shown by last year.

Transfers

Media Prediction: 8th

From now on I'll be updating 3 times a season, Pre-season, Mid-season and an End of Season report to save time and let me get through the game quicker.

Afan Lido - Mid Season Update 2013

jan2013.jpg

We started off the season with a 3-0 win over Llanelli in the League Cup which was really pleasing and gave me some hope for the future but things haven't exactly went to plan. We have been lingering around Mid table throughout the season so far but the league is quite tight around the middle so 11th seems bad but it isn't actually as bad as it seems. The best of my signings have been Dave Smith my holding midfielder who has got a lot of MoM awards and also my Striker Patrick Drmola who has been the top goalscorer so far. Around the start of December I had a news item which said I was the favourite to get the Portadown job in the Northern Irish Premier Division, which would have been a step up form Afan Lido so I had told the press I would be interested in the job. Eventually I didn't get the job but it was worth trying. I began to hit a rich vein of form at the end of the season with 3 great results but then I was beat on the last game of the month against Camarthen, I was winning 1-0 after 80 minutes and they went ton to beat me 2-1 after scoring two late goals. The thing I am very pleased of so far is that I am once again in the final of the Loosemores league cup which I will play TNS and hope for back to back cup titles and i'm also still in the Welsh Cup after demolishing a non-league team 6-2.

Squad

League

endofseason2013.jpg

Well after the Mid Season Update, I need some back up in the holding midfielder role in my team so I signed young Stuart Taylor on a free transfer and after this my players started to play better and we started to win a lot more resulting in me winning Manager of the Month in February and before long we were sitting in the top 6 of the table. Our good form continued throughout the season and we ended up finishing in 4th which I was pleased with as I knew we couldn't win the league as Llanelli had run away with it around 20 games in. Coming 4th resulted in us qualifying for Europe. We had 2 representatives in the League Team of the year. Overall another great season and I am still enjoying my time at Afan Lido.

Cups

Welsh Cup - Runners Up

We had a great run and made it to the final but were eventually beat by a dubious penalty decision in a game we should have won against Rhyl. We had chances at the end but we couldn't finish them. Disapointing in the end but happy we made it so far.

Loosemores League Cup - Runners Up

Very disappointing as we were the holders and we were poor and deserved to get beat once again by a penlty.

League Table

Squad Stats

Player of the Year

Top Goalscorer: Patrick Drmola - 21

Most Assists: Elliot Chamberlain - 9

Most MoMs: Neil Byrne - 6

Highest Average Rating: Danny Fitzsimmons - 7.28

Afan Lido - Pre Season Update 2013

2013preseason.jpg

To start off the season we were drawn against Neftci of Azerbaijan in the Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round, We dominated the home game and won 1-0 and also missed a penalty but on the return fixture they put 4 past us, they took their chances while we missed ours and they deserved to win. I was a bit annoyed at the fact we couldn't win despite dominating the game. After the dissapointment of Europe we played very well throughout Pre Season going undefeated and also beating Shamrock Rovers of the top tier in Ireland and I got this message. I brought in just 4 new players to depthen the squad and around 8 went out on free transfers. The Pre season was promising so i'm confident we can bring our form in to the league season and challenge for europe and maybe the title. We have once again been drawn with local rivals Port Talbot and Llanelli in the Loosemores League Cup. I think the draws stay the same for this cup, making it hard for me to compete with Llanelli.

Transfers

Media Prediction: 7th

Board Expectations: Top Half

Finances:

Wage Budget: £3'330 p/w (£3'069 being used)

Transfer Budget: £0

The Double!

Results 1 Results 2

League Table

Loosemores League Cup Semi Final / Loosemores League Cup Final

Squad Stats

Player of the Year

This was the year when I finally broke through and won the league and again the League Cup, Our season was greeted with Wales U19 call ups for some of our youth players. We went on a 6 match streak without conceding and broke a new defensive record. We were always in and around the top this season unlike the other seasons where we were mid table half the season. In the january window I was struggling for form a bit so I brought in pacey Striker Stephen Norris from fellow Welsh Club Caersws, he proved to be a great signing scoring 11 goals in 16 apperances and really helped us to go on to wn the title. Another Suprise was the media telling me that I was the favourite for the HULL CITY job if their manager was to be sacked, If I had of got that job, that would of been a huge step up and also it was the similar thing with the Wrexham job , not quite as big as Hull but still a step up. I was named January Manager of the month and went on to bring the brilliant form into the end of the season 7 wins in a row also beating title challengers TNS who were level on points with me at the time and also Llanelli. We were Crowned Champions and therefore qualified for the Champions League. After my efforts I was awarded Manager of the Year. I'll be looking for the same next year and will only leave if a better job comes up like always.

I've also been added to the Favoured Personell List alongside Club Captain Danny Fitzsimmons:

favouredpersonell.jpg

Team Competitions

Euro Cup: 1st Qualifying Round

League: Champions!

Loosemores League Cup: Winners

Welsh Cup: 4th Round

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer: Jake Laskowski - 17

Most Assists: Dean Sinclair - 14

Most MoM's: Danny Fitzsimmons - 8

Highest Average Rating: Danny Fitzsimmons - 7.34

walsalljob.jpg

Team Report Best Player

A huge step up from Afan Lido, I saw it as an oppurtunity to get my hands into English football and hopefully rise up the leagues to the big time. Walsall have just been relegated from League 1, so are one of the favourites to get promoted again. I have told the board that I think we can win the league and I'm confident that our squad will be very strong with a few signings, obviously the keeper will need to be replaced and I will probably play the same tactic as I played at Afan Lido to hope for similar success.

Archived