International challenge

End of 2009 Update:

I started off the year at American Samoa, and eased to a 3-1 victory.

A 3-0 loss to the US Virgin Islands followed though, despite us abosulty dominating them, our strikers were utter crap.

Montserrat quickly followed and although they dominated us this time, we cam out on top 4-2.

Guam showed they were no pushovers as we drew 1-1 in an even game.

Macau(China PR) were the last game in our 2009 season and an eight goal thriller saw us come out on top 5-3.

My best player Inzaghi has not played for Benfica for 3 years now and i am starting to see it affect his game, and seeing as i can't twll him i want him to play first team football it doesn't look good for this 24 year old.

My top scorer in my time is out for 7 months with a broken leg during the Guam game.

I did get the youth coach of AC Milan to join me as my assistant manager, so heres hoping he gains some knowledge and gets me some good players.

I am currently 150th in the world, although it looks good in august we were 135th in the world, so heres hoping for an even better 2010.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice friendly to start with before three qualifiers.

Sweden 5 - 0 Faroe Is.

Conceded after 10 minutes

The second after 30 minutes was way offside

However the third after 38 minutes was a beauty

Straight after the restart a Juventus striker scores an unstoppable fourth

Then adds his second 10 minutes later

WCQ

Faroe Is. 0 - 11 Wales

Experimented with 3-4-3 today.

We really battered them first five minutes.

16 mins. Floppy haired Spurs wonderkid scores a great volley

30 mins. Defensive **** up = 2-0

34 mins Creative Derby Midfielder scores from tight angle

43 mins Defensive **** up = 4-0

45 mins My face went crimson at this point when number 5 went in!!

45 mins They scored a 6th as I was making a decision about which players to leave on for the second half.

47 mins Average barnsley striker scored his fourth of the evening (thats 4!)

51 mins Superb free kick from derby player looked even better through the hands covering my face.

64 mins Even better free kick gives Derby midfielder his hat-trick

82 mins The Barnsley mkan hits a fifth and I celebrate my worst ever result on any CM/FM game (the previous worst was an under 21 beating at the start of this game)!

91 mins Why can't we defend corners!

Honestly we battered them first five minutes!

Faroe Is. 0 - 3 Slovakia

It may not be a win but the improvement is indescribable.

It took them 15 minutes to score.

We kept it quite tight but they scored just after the restart.

A rocket just after the hour mark made it three.

Faroe Is. 0 - 10 Spain

I feared a cricket score...I really did

3 mins flying winger heads in.

10 mins lovely worked free kick by Madrid legend

20 mins above Madrid player scores his second

22 mins Merseyside legend adds a fourth

24 mins Liverpool striker scores from suspiciously offside position

25 mins Why cant we defend crosses? (Madrid legend goal no.3)

35 mins Then goal no. 4

60 mins Why cant we defend crosses? part II

65 mins Crosses part III

80 mins Actually they cut us open beautifully on the counter.

I can't believe we are getting worse!

Match fitness problem

For those like me having a problem with match fitness due to our players not playing a game for their clubs, can you try Cook Islands or Tahiti.

I've done some research on the game and it seems that these two nations from Oceania, have the most players (out of the lower nations), and also have complete squads at their clubs. I won't have time for a conclusive test this weekend, but if someone else could let me know that would be great.

How are people getting on with their nations outside of Oceania? Can you do a quick check on match fitness, and also checking whether your players are playing any club football. This could help us work out nations are playable.

Remember of course to either load all players for your chosen nation or use the DDT file mentioned on page 1 by Schoham

The qualifying continues...

Estonia 5 - 0 Faroe Is.

Gave debuts to 22 year old goalie and 21 year old defender and promptly conceded after 2 minutes...and then after 15....and then from a corner after 26.

The second half started badly conceding after 52 minutes...and ended with a goal after 86 minutes.

Wales 5 - 0 Faroe Is.

We had a man sent off after 49 seconds!!! 12 minutes later the Barnsley striker from my previous Welsh nightmare scored the first of two goals in quick succession. By the half hour he had his hat-trick as i wonder why Barnsley are not top of the Championship (perhaps they have a defense like ours)?

In injury time we score only my second ever goal!!!

The optimism lasts 59 seconds into the second half when we concede a fourth. After that we play the best football of my time so far, making the keeper make 3 excellent saves before hitting the post late on. THe fifth they score deep in injury time was not fair.

Called up a 16 year old, 2 18 year olds and a 19 year old as they are better than the current generation. I may get spanked by Turkey but I'm going to blood them.

Faroe Is. 0 - 3 Turkey

We had a lucky escape with a penalty decision after 25 minutes and nearly scored on the counter. However a goalkeeping howler led to us conceding on 35. We also gave up another in injury time at the end of the half. We conceded a third with 12 minutes left but a good showing.

16 yr old defender showed a nice touch

18 yr old defender did ok too

19 yr old midfielder was quiet and I as about to sub him when he got a second yellow. I will keep persevering with him though.

18 yr old striker was a real handful for the Turks.

Slovakia 3 - 2 Faroe Is.

My new found optimism lasted all of 2 minutes. By the time the second went in on 5 minutes I was struggling to remember how pleased I was 3 days earlier. A third goal within the quarter hour was depressing.

My new teenager striker lightened the mood by scoring his first ever goal on 50 minutes! He then grabbed his second on 88 minutes!!! Despite going 4 up front for the final few minutes we could not snatch an equaliser but an impressive display by the teenager.

My new first choice XI has a rapidly falling average age having jettisoned by previous 30 year old captain. Can this young generation get better through regular playing time?

here goes lads, half way through 2013 and no fixtures played purely to see if i had any regens. However why are these two retiring?

He is only 18 and i have no other rightbacks

youngrbnx1.th.jpg

He is only 21

youngmlty5.th.jpg

5 New regens though:

amcoc0.th.jpg

amlca7.th.jpg

classydczz3.th.jpg

populardcrs7.th.jpg

popularfcks4.th.jpg

The last two are wanted by 6 clubs between them, i think the teams are Aussie state league.

Here is an update on my DM, now worth 100k *shocked face*

dmhc9.th.jpg

Onwards and upwards for American Samoa, I'm slightly excited.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BS_8:

here goes lads, half way through 2013 and no fixtures played purely to see if i had any regens. However why are these two retiring?

He is only 18 and i have no other rightbacks

youngrbnx1.th.jpg

He is only 21

youngmlty5.th.jpg

5 New regens though:

amcoc0.th.jpg

amlca7.th.jpg

classydczz3.th.jpg

populardcrs7.th.jpg

popularfcks4.th.jpg

The last two are wanted by 6 clubs between them, i think the teams are Aussie state league.

Here is an update on my DM, now worth 100k *shocked face*

dmhc9.th.jpg

Onwards and upwards for American Samoa, I'm slightly excited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be too, some of those guys are looking like quality. Wont be long until you are the 2nd best team in Oceania... will only take you some luck to beat New Zealand, and then you'll be 1 round away from the world cup!

End of World Cup 2010 qualification update.

Nothing really to report on just an abysmal qualifying campaign tbh altough it really began to pick up near the end. I havent made too much progress and my team is pretty much similiar to the start. It's an enjoyable challenge and I'm gonna try and stick with it. I am now ranked 152nd in the world.

Results from 2008

Results from 2009

Important

Can anyone actually confirm that a nations reputation changes? I am sure that it didnt in FM07 and so I dont think it does in FM08. That means you will always have crap players since no good regens will come. I hope it does change. If so I might give this challenge a go but I doubt that it does.

Also another problem I forecast is that most of your players will never leave the unplayable leagues of your countries and then there contract will expire and then after 1 year they will retire at like 20 years old or something.

Thats why managing a club should be allowed so you an sign your players and at least get them some and training and keep them in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Also another problem I forecast is that most of your players will never leave the unplayable leagues of your countries and then there contract will expire and then after 1 year they will retire at like 20 years old or something.

Thats why managing a club should be allowed so you an sign your players and at least get them some and training and keep them in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think I made that point in another thread somewhere in the general forum.

The challenge is pretty much impossible for some teams, because the players can never get out of their amateur leagues. Well, unless you are BS_8 and manage to get your players playing in the A-league.

I think we need FMGenie to verify whether the reputations change at all. I'm not sure if there are any other 3rd party programs you can use to check reputations after the game has started.

Nepal Update 2008, World Rank at the start of year: 191

So after a bad first year for me as the Nepal manager, 2008 was going to be a year with just friendlys. I didn't get any new regens sadly at the start of the year so it was the same losers as last year that was gonna be beaten badly. I did however lose around 150 players due to retirement. Shorter list of crap ftw. icon_smile.gif I didn't feel like playing much friendlys since I knew we just gonna lose anyway against the overpowered greys, but we did play 3 games.

Nepal vs Macau 1:8

Nepal vs US Virgin Islands 1:6

Nepal vs São Tomé & Principe 0:7

Nothing much to report about. We dropped 1 place this year on the rankings down to 192nd place.

But oh boy next year could be a good one! Around 50 regens arrived in december and I believe all my current players is dropped. icon_biggrin.gif Just a bit lame that most where GK:s, ML, MC and strikers, not many defenders. But we can look forward to high scoring games for sure. icon_wink.gif

It'd be interesting to see what happens in the game and stuff.

Svettot, where your regens of a good standard?

MW, I've started a new save as Saint-Etienne (my usual FM career game) with Bhutani nationality to try and get some Bhutani regens through. Fingers crossed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MadWoodster:

SheffieldTim not a bad result against Slovakia there. How is your team doing for match fitness? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not too bad. They were all 60ish % to start with but now in the high 90's apart from one guy who is around 70%. I find that for the second match of a double header they all start at around 75% though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MachinegunHead:

The challenge is pretty much impossible for some teams, because the players can never get out of their amateur leagues. Well, unless you are BS_8 and manage to get your players playing in the A-league.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if they are regens... I doubt it but I have a young goalkeeper at Hull City and an attacking midfielder at Nottingham Forest. They were new guys I brought in after the Wales thrashing. I'm trying to favour youth and foreigh based playrs for my first choice as I feel they have more room to improve for the future. This challenge has a long term planning aspect to it.

I think that you will witness reputation changes, as you begin to beat teams and get better players who improve you'll see a effect taking place giving you more players, it might take a while but it's worth tbh. Probably take around 30 years as you'd have to win a few, draw get new players, then do it all over again.

Also most places do have players that would play in the foreign leagues, especially Andorra as FC Andorra is in Spain. So there's a high chance.

OK got a couple of extra hours I wasn't expecting to have spare, so am making use of it to try out my cook islands side, will let you know how I get on

BS_8 I think this may well be linked the not playing games for his club problem as it will lead to him being free transfered and therefore retiring as no club wants him, despite his country needing him. I think this maybe a problem with a couple of the Oceania sides, hopefully my Cook Islands side which seems to have plenty of players (well 200+) won't have this problem.

Combustion good to see you are scoring goals and going up in the world. Are your players playing plenty of club football? IF so what leagues are they plaing in.

DS the nations reputation has always changed, the only thing that didn't was a leagues reputation, that shouldn't affect us too much. Managing a club side while making the challenge easier, makes it less realistic as few international managers manage at club level, and it can also be a form of cheating as you can suddenly take your players to bigger clubs and give them better training.

Svettot how many players have you got at your disposal now? and how many are playing regularly at club level?

CedricRules be interesting to see how your experiment goes.

Machinegunhead if you can use FMgenie then it would be good to know for sure on this.

SheffieldTim thanks, are your players playing much at club level?

Well now well under way with Belize things are going quite well. Results have been good, got some decent staff, and now after beating the teams around me (and finding that doesn't help your Ranking much) i've decided to try and move on to bigger(ish) teams.

Results so far-

Belize 10-0 Guam

Belize 5-1 papau New guinea

Bhutan 0-3 Belize

and recently ... Belize 3-5 USA.

Not a bad result considering the difference in rank and i got a player sent off.

Brigadier the FIFA ranking system is a little complicated. Each game result receives a score based on the ranking of the two teams involved, this is then multiplied by a factor which is how highly FIFA rank the game, from 1 for a friendly to 4 for a world cup. The there are a few other things taken into account The full system is listed here

My first year with Cook Islands ended promising. Lost 5-2 in my first friendly to Samoa, I then drew 1-1 with them and then beat New Caledonia 4-2. Then it was time for the Oceania Nations Cup Prelims.

First game was a 4-1 win against Papua New Guinea, then followed this up with a 2-1 win over Vanuta, things were looking good, but injuries were to take their toll, as I lost 3-1 to Solomon Islands (considering they are the 2nd best team in Oceania now, can't really complain)

So it was down to one final game against Samoa of all sides. The winner would qualify for the next round, sadly my injury hit team, succumbed to a 5-0 thrashing and my dreams of qualifying were scubbered.

On the subject of overpowered grey players, all the sides I've faced so far have been full of normal players.

So with 2 wins and 2 defeats in the qualifers and a 1 win,1draw,1defeat in the friendlies, I was up in a respectable 179th in the world having started in 198. So if I go up 19 places every year, I'll be top within 11 years!

Cheers for the info MadWoodster. Seems the Cook Islands are looking fairly handy with you in charge, keep it up and you'll soon be one of the best in ocieana.

Well anyways I've jumped 20 places and still in the World Cup qualies with a 3-0 first leg win over St. Lucia. But the tougher away leg is next and it may be tight.

[bS_8] no worries, in fact I've found more info on Wikipedia on the FIFA rankings here

The main thing is that if you lose you get no points (unless it is on a penalty shoot out)

There is a slight modifier effect based on the continents the team come from, in addition to the nations themselves which gives UEFA and South American teams a boost. Interesting all nations ranked 150 or below get the same nation weighting.

Also you must play at least 5 matches per year to be included in the ratings, I wonder if that is in the game?

Thanks for the encouragement but my Cook Islands is a struggle due to crashes when ever youth games are played, I've posted in the bug forum so hopefully it is something that can be fixed if and when they release the full patch. So far canceling ever U21 game and U19 game I'm due to play has kept it going, just have to remember to do so when ever my squad is chosen and I've managed to get this far.

Well, i'm still to win a competitive game as Andorra, what annoys me most though is the teams like San Marino have the same type of quality players as me yet they've only conceded 14 in 6, whereas i have conceded 49 in 6. I've got new players coming through the ranks and i hope they turn out good.

Well I'm through to the Second Round of the World Cup Qualies, beating St. Lucia 5-2 on aggeragate. Now i've been drawn against... Canada!

To be honest i'm quietly confident, though it'll be tough. After loosing to USA only marginally i could be with in a shout.

Peter G ouch that's a lot of goals conceded. Who have San Marino played compared to who you have played? Do San Marino have proper players or greyed out players.

Brigadier well done Brigadier on getting through to the second round of the world cup qualifiers, good luck against Canada, if you beat them you are through to the first group stage.

Ok I'm planning to launch the website for this in the coming week, hopefully on Wednesday. I would appreciate ideas for what you would like on this website.

Also looking at some sort of scoring system based on performances in qualifiers and possibly on world ranking achivements (e.g. getting into the top 150, 125, 100 etc.)

Because each confederations nations cup is different and world cup qualifiers are different, do we want a complicated point scoring system, for example giving brigadier 5 points for getting through to the 2nd round of the world cup qualifiers? or nothing until he qualifies for the world cup?

I personally favour the complicated system, but then that is just me.

Will also look at working out a help system detailing each international competition and world cup qualifying system.

I quite like the complicated points system though it really makes no difference which system you pick for those of us who have still not won a single game!!!

By the way most of my players are playing regularly (about 4 have not played for clubs but the rest play every game). There seems to be no link between the less fit players and amount of games played.

Personally, i agree with you MadWoodster however playing the Devil's Advocate: 1) it would maybe over complicate things. 2)Like the FIFA rankings, it would probably end up flawed and not reflect the truth. 3) as a result of point 2 people may get the face on if the think it's unfair and their posistioning is not what they believe it should be.

Though i'm sure there must be a fair system out there waiting to be discovered. shuld be bassed on goals S/C, re****s W/D/L, Quality of opposistion (maybe rank within the persons game) ect.

Picked a few more beatable teams to play a friendly double headers before and after xmas in the hope that my new young line up will get more used to each other and build a bit of confidence on the back of the second half against Slovakia.

Faroe Is. 1 - 1 Aruba

Another teenage debutant did well and we scored a blinder with 12 minutes to go before conceding a very late equalizer.

Faroe Is. 2 - 2 Bhutan

We were poor to start with and deserved to go one down in the 20th minute.

Much better second half. teenage wonder striker set up a great strike for the new captain on 75 minutes before adding a brilliant solo goal himself 3 minutes later. The equalizer we conceded from a corner after 94 minutes hurt!

Liechtenstein 4 - 2 Faroe Is.

An injury decimated side for this one. Also my captain seems to have retired though I never got a news item to say so. He was pretty good in a holding midfield role, I am gutted.

My teenage full back got skinned inside 2 minutes by a lively winger for the opening goal. Then 5 minutes later the same winger scored from a corner. When they waltzed through the middle to score a third inside half an hour I knew this was not going well. We did pull one back with 'a special goal' just before half time.

I gave two 15 and 16 yr old centre backs a debut second half and we conceded on the hour mark. However we did score a good free kick with 10 minutes to go.

Armenia 1 - 1 Faroe Is.

Yes! 11 minutes in and we take the lead..never happened before! We create loads of chances in the next quarter of an hour before conceding on the break. A quiet second half but a reasonable result and performance.

Looking forward to France in Paris for my first ECQ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brigadier:

Personally, i agree with you MadWoodster however playing the Devil's Advocate: 1) it would maybe over complicate things. 2)Like the FIFA rankings, it would probably end up flawed and not reflect the truth. 3) as a result of point 2 people may get the face on if the think it's unfair and their posistioning is not what they believe it should be.

Though i'm sure there must be a fair system out there waiting to be discovered. shuld be bassed on goals S/C, re****s W/D/L, Quality of opposistion (maybe rank within the persons game) ect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if I would go as far as the FIFA ranking does, taking each match into account, rather take each round into account.

With qualification for the world cup always giving say 50 points.

That getting through the first round of the North American qualifiers is worth 5 points, second round is worth 10 points. Getting through the 1st group stage is worth 25 points.

While in Europe, getting to the play offs and losing is worth 30 points. Coming 3rd in your group is worth 20 points. Coming 4th is worth 10 points.

While in Oceania, getting through the preliminary round is worth 10 points. Getting to the final is worth 25 points. (note Oceania is slightly complicated as you would get points based on your recent Oceania Nations Cup as that is used for world cup qualifying)

Only your best performance in qualifying counts.

On a side note, if anyone can explain to be me the 2nd round of Asia's world cup qualifying it would be appreciated. Basically in the 1st round 38 teams play off, giving 19 teams. Of which 8 are chosen to play in this second round, the 4 winners joining the other 11 teams and 5 seeds in the group stages. How are these 8 teams and 11 teams selected?

SheffieldTim some nice results there,s ahme about the Liechtenstein game how are you doing in the world rankings? Your Euro draw looks interesting hopefully you can at least get some wins against Cyprus and perhaps upset one of the bigger nations. Mind you after Cyrpus's recent real world results, that might not be so easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MadWoodster:

Peter G ouch that's a lot of goals conceded. Who have San Marino played compared to who you have played? Do San Marino have proper players or greyed out players.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of their players are worse than mine and there proper ones, they've played teams like Holland, Denmark ect. Still i just scored icon_biggrin.gif against Cyprus, still lsot 2-1. But i have one or two prospects starting to come through.

Update: Faroe Islands Pre-Euro Qualification 2012

I have been handed a tough enough group. The group is:

Holland

Switzerland

Republic Of Ireland

Slovakia

Bosnia & Herz

Lithuania

Faroe Islands

It will be tough enough but I am aiming to take points of Bosnia and Lithuania. My team finished the qualifying for the World Cup well and I am taking confidence from that. One real positive was my first win, against Gabon 3-1.

The players that Im hoping have a bit of potential are the likes of Christian Mouritsen, Janus Holm and http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fi6ve6.jpg

My good recent form has been reflected in my world ranking. ( World Ranking Graph)

MadWoodster Got around 350 players now. Most of the regens came up through the Nepal teams, some of them on free transfer and got signed pretty quickly. A few however are still without club and is retiring sadly. Shouldn't matter much though since the best players got signed. All players I got in the national team are playing for their clubs but doesn't look like they improve much, all teams in Nepal is Semi-Pro or Amateur.

CedricRules I wouldn't call them great or anything but they do raise the quality of my team. Few of the better ones:

Ashok Maharjan

Nirmal Tamang

Santosh Shrestha

Here goes ECQ

France 6 - 0 Faroe Is

Bolton misery guts scored after 32 seconds.

Ex-Arsenal speed merchant added a second on 8 minutes.

Fell asleep on a throw in and Mr Arsenal scores his second.

Then makes it a hat-trick. 4-0 after half an hour!!!

Arsenal midfielder makes it 5 shortly followed ex-Arsenal man's fourth of the night.

Second half was goalless so that's a mpral victory I guess.

Iceland 5 - 1 Faroe Is

I fancy a result here (which I know is optimistic)

Iceland score from out of nothing after 2 minutes.

Then they score from a corner after 23 minutes.

Then a really soft goal 2 minutes later.

We were having a good spell when they scored after 61 minutes.

The same defender scored from another corner as in the first half. on 70 minutes.

We got a consolation on 78 minutes.

Faroe Is 1 - 2 Cyprus

Good goal from a tight angle by Cypriot striker

We fail three times to clear the ball and they double their lead on 31 minutes.

What a wonder goal from my attacking midfielder on 33 minutes.

After that it is all one way traffic but we just can't equalize. So close to a first point!

Faroe Is. 1 - 5 Norway

I deliberately encouraged our players to attack more and take the game to Morway despite the risks posed.

It takes Norway 9 minutes to break us down with a goal from a midfielder running on. 2 minutes a Liverpool full back thunderbolt free kick is our undoing. Conceding from corners kills us on 17 minutes. Goalkeeping error on 33 minutes makes it four.

We pull one back from a freekick on 57 minutes. A late sending off gives Norway an opportunity to add a fifth and that is that.

DS the nations reputation has always changed, the only thing that didn't was a leagues reputation, that shouldn't affect us too much. Managing a club side while making the challenge easier, makes it less realistic as few international managers manage at club level, and it can also be a form of cheating as you can suddenly take your players to bigger clubs and give them better training.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well from what I saw in FM07 the nation's reputation does not change. Unless this is a new thing in FM08. If someone is still playing unpatched then they can check this with FMM and see.

So the end of 2013/beginning 2014.

After losing my 2 friendlies:

0-3 Solomon Isl

0-5 Maldives

It was time for my young squad to test itself in the ICE Nations Cup, My young 22 included most regens of decent quality. My DM is now wanted my Melbourne Victory.

Premlim Grp A:

AS

Samoa

Fiji

New Calendonia

Solomon Isl

A hard group and one i wanted to just do my country proud.

AS 3 - 0 Samoa

Fiji 0 - 3 AS

S.Isl 2 - 3 AS

AS 11- 2 NC (with my apparent 'second team' i rested a few players)

yeeescn7.th.jpg

I started to have a feeling i may be able to go some distance in this competition.

Then the OCE Cup consisted of:

AS

NZ

Tahiti

Tonga

Fiji

Results:

AS 6 - 3 Tahiti

NZ 5 - 4 AS

Fiji 1 - 3 AS

AS 5 - 3 Tonga

yeeesri2.th.jpg

If i can keep it tight at the back i feel i could beat NZ, in 2 months I have the final, but after a successful night I'm off, Goodluck guys.

PS come on!!!

yeeeszq9.th.jpg

Really nice work there BS_8! You can do it. icon14.gif

Now one thing I'm pretty ****ed about in my game. I didn't even get the chance to play in the Asian Cup quals. icon_mad.gif Obviously they know I'm crap but still... I checked at wikipedia for a reason and saw this. Great move there by SI and not include this tournament. icon_frown.gif Hopefully if we climb on the rankings maybe we can qualify but if not this isn't much fun anymore.

I had one tricky qualifier but arranged to easier friendlies to try and the year on a high.

Czech Republic 6 - 1 Faroe Is.

We failed three times to clear a cross and paid the price on 11 minutes. Excellent finish from Milan midfielder doubled the lead 4 minutes later. Woeful defending from a cross led to a third inside 20 minutes. Then a fourth on 32 minutes made me fear a real battering.

The fifth after half time was just terrible marking. We changed to a 4-5-1 and my beleaguered second striker scored from midfield on 65 minutes. It softened the blow of the sixth goal in the 74th minute. I was gutted that an injury time wonder save from Chelski wonderkeeper denied us a second goal.

Faroe Is 0 - 1 Burundi

It took 34 minutes for us to fail to defend a corner today. The rest of the game was dire and I lost my temper big time!!!

Faroe Is 3 - 1 American Samoa

When AS scored after 7 minutes I honestly thought about resigning. An equalizer from beleaguered striker turned wide midfielder 2 minutes later stopped me.

My teenage striker handful scored after the restart and are we on for my first ever win? A late sub striker scored my third and the celebrations could start.

24th November 2010

a real red letter day for me (and it only took me just over 3 years)

Archived