Holy Smokes! 3 OG's in a game?!

I managed to win the Spanish super cup with purely own goals a few seasons back with R Madrid.

First leg away at Sevilla - lost 2-1 and my goal was from Sevilla own goal.

Second leg home game - won 3-1 and all 3 of my goals are from own goals :-D

So, basically, Sevilla's players scored 7 in total but I won!!! :-D It's sad though that my players can't score to save their lives and their players aren't smart enough to know which goal they are supposed to score lol

I was actually looking at own goals today because I noticed that I had 9 own goals scored FOR me in one season. Two in the same game, twice, and also two on the trot plus another few scattered inbetween. So that 9 for me, not counting the own goals my players have scored. There are far too many IMO. Especially from goalkeepers.

Im Man Utd though so maybe the own goal tally is actually realistic on FM's part :p

Own goals for goalkeepers are just done wrong on FM11. I've seen tons where there is a powerful strike and it off the keeper onto the post or bar and in and it puts it down as an OG to the keeper.

I had two in consecutives matches(not my GK) where in the first match my player headed the ball then hit the post then cannoned in off the goalies leg. In the next game the goalie went to scoop the ball up but put it through his own legs as a result!

Also, didn't a Sunderland player score a hat trick of own goals in one game in the season they were bottom for the whole season?

Archived