Saved tactics or just use sideline shout?

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and have 7 tactics saved for 4-2-3-1, the only difference between each one is the starting strategy, most things are on default except passing is set to shorter.

When I change from say Attacking strategy to Counter in match, I usually select it from the quick menu, the thing I don't like about doing it that way is it pauses the game which detracts from the flow of the game.

If I just use touchline shout to change from Attacking to Counter do the team know how to play Counter as good as a saved tactic?

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt how you change the strategy would make any difference to the game, so long as with the quick tactic method it is definitely just the strategy you are changing. For ease and enjoyment, surely you've gott go for the quickest and simplest way, i.e. the touchline shout?

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if a developer could answer my OP, maybe I wasn't overly clear as to what I needed answering.

I since changed formation and have 3 tactics saved now, 4-1-2-1-2 for all 3 and all 3 in match preparation. 1 is Attacking, 2 is Control, 3 is standard strategy.

I start with standard.

What I need to know is do the players have the same knowledge of attack and all the associated changes if I use the shout method to change to attack vs the actual attack tactic I saved or am I better of changing to the saved tactic. I know changing to attack via shout gives exactly the same changes to passing/tempo etc as my saved attack tactic, just need to know if the knowledge or whatever is the same.

Sorry can't make it any clearer than that.

mechanically it's the exact same thing.

if you want to see a "shout" in action just start with your standard, then at any point issue a shout to "attacking" (or what have you). Wait until the next dead ball situation (and after you see the "applying tactical changes" message). Go into your in-game tactical screen click on 'team instuctions' and it will have their mindset on attacking. (ie, the 'shout' is essentially just a hyperlink to the same button as in your tactics)

I asked myself the same question and then experimented to find the best balance.

I found that when radically changing the style of the play through several shouts and a style change, it was better to have it as a learned tactic - the team was more fluent and it didn't seem to upset there rythm. What I mean by radically changing, is something like changing a defend strategy to an attacking strategy, with work ball into box, play wider and push up shouts. As in, it's a radically different strategy.

However, as I usually just go up or down one strategy (standard to counter/control) or attacking to control, with maybe stay on feet or get stuck in shouts, I've found the fluency of the team hasn't been affected without using a prepared tactic.

Overall though, the main thing that upset the rhythm of the team was simply how blended the team was. I haven't tried it as my best players always get poached each year, but I believe that a Manchester united, with established together players would adapt to fundamental changes in strategies better then a team with revolving players.

So basically, I use the shouts system as long as I'm only slightly adjusting the strategy.

I do have a 451 park the bus tactic saved in the match preparation, as it is vastly different from my normal 4321 high closing down system.

Archived