Editing Player Histories

kevgaleuk

Guys wondering if anyone knows an easy way to remove 0'd lines of player history?

I am a pretty proficient editor and I tend to try and clean up the base date before I begin a game. I tend to create a new world edit with player histories cleaned up and for young players (not yet heard of) I like to re-set all the values to 0 for a random game.

I was wondering if any of the more technically capable people in this forum had an easy way to get the editor to:

a) reset all attributes to 0 given a certain criteria I.e. under x age and total games = 0 or something like that

b) remove all player history where the player has never played (i.e if you look at several 18 year olds they will have career rows despite never playing)

Cheers in advance

Hey mate

Finally someone that don't like to see players with only 18 years old and with already 7 or 8 history lines!

I hate it, so i have a xml file only to remove player history, i remove it by hand, i don't have any special way to do it, i see and i edit by removing it.

There is some stuff that i can't edit, for example i try to edit Kozak Lazio line, where he played no games, and the game removes all the history lines of the player...

If you got any program to do that please tell me!

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Never seen that in truth mate. I tend to have to go through line by line on the players I try to clear up. I remember a few editions back that deleting some would then make all go but that was attributed to a bug in the game which they have fixed for later editions.

I have approached Ter before about the look and feel of data but it doesn't seem to be a high priority. I understand resource issues and having to look at the biggest bang for the bucks but for me Player Histories are a real let down in a data-based game. I recommended a kind of excel-based grouping system cause I hate line upon line in the same year but I doubt I'll ever get my wish in that regards!!

Archived