[ARGENTINA] Lower leagues creation... Please help!

QTarantino2

Hi guys, I will try together with my pals of Argentinean research to create the lower leagues in Argentina (from third tier to below). The main problem with that is the organization of our league system, which is really complicated and extremely different from other parts of the World. I tried with the Basic Editor but I couldn’t do a league system which reflects the reality.

I would like to know if anyone can help me doing that. Or, at least, if have the expertise to tell me what is possible to do, and what is not, with the Advanced Editor, if necessary.

I will explain how the system is and please let me know what I can do about it:

First tier: “Primera División”. 20 teams with two different tournaments (champion) per season. 2 relegations and 2 promotion-playoff with 2 teams from second tier division. The relegations and the promotion-playoffs are according to the last 3 season points (average points), last four of that table. EXISTING AND WORKING PROPERLY

Second tier: “Nacional B”. 20 teams. One tournament. First two are promoted. Third and fourth play the promotion-playoffs with the 2 teams from first tier. Two relegations and two promotions. The relegations and the promotion-playoffs are according to the last 3 season points (average points), last four of that table. EXISTING AND WORKING PROPERLY

And now, the problem! Because the lower leagues (from third to fifth tier) are ordered in two different groups: those teams who are affiliated directly to the Football League Association (AFA), and those teams who are affiliated indirectly to the AFA, that means affiliated to the AFA due to their local leagues. The latter are, generally, teams outside Buenos Aires, La Plata and Rosario. But there are some teams of that zone too.

Third tier:

a) Directly affiliated: compete in the “Primera B Metropolitana”. 22 teams, 2 rounds. Only one champion who is promoted by winning the league. From the 2 to the 9 in the table, they compete in a playoff in round of 8, semi-finals and final. The winner gains the right to play a promotion playoff against one of the two teams of the “Nacional B” placed in the promotion side. One team is relegated and one team plays a promotion-playoff with the fourth tier, directly affiliated team. The relegations and the promotion-playoffs are according to the last 3 season points (average points).

b) Indirectly affiliated: compete in the “Torneo Argentino A”. 24 teams.

a. First round, they are divided in 3 zones of 8 teams each, regionally organizated (southern teams (teams from the Province of Buenos Aires and the Patagonia), central teams (teams from Córdoba, San Luis, San Juan and Mendoza) and northern teams (teams from Santa Fe, Santiago del Estero, Jujuy, Salta, Misiones, etc.). They play only between each other 4 rounds (that means 28 games).

b. Second round: The first three of each group play a 9-team tournament (known as “Segunda Fase” or second round). They play one league of only one round. The winner is promoted to “Nacional B”.

c. Revalidation round: The remaining 15 teams play the “Fase Reválida” (revalidation round). This are divided into 3 zones of 5 teams each. They play 2 rounds. The winner of each zone and the team (excluding the winners) which achieve most points in the first round and this second round qualify to the “Fourth round”.

d. “Third round”: The remaining 8 teams of the “Second round” plays against each other in a 2-round playoff: 2º vs. 9º; el 3º vs. 8º; 4º vs. 7º y el 5º vs. 6º. If they are tied in points and goal average, the best in the table will qualify (2º, 3º, 4º and 5º). They qualify to “Fourth round”

e. “Fourth round”: The 4 teams from the “third round” and the 4 from the “revalidation round” are ordered by their points in the “second round” and “revalidation round”, occupying the 4 teams of the “third round” the first 4 places (1, 2, 3 and 4) and those from the “revalidation round” the 4 last places (5, 6, 7 and 8). They play each other in a 2 rounds playoff. 1vs.8; 2 vs. 7; 3 vs. 6; 4 vs. 5. If they are tied in points and goal average, those from the “third round” will qualify. Then, winners will play a playoff with the same conditions, until one of them is the winner and will play promotion playoff against one of the “Nacional B”.

f. Relegations and promotions: The 11 teams which did not manage to qualify in the “revalidation round” are ordered in a table considering their points in the first round and the revalidation round. The last two are relegated, whereas the 8th and 9th play a relegation playoff against the indirectly affiliated fourth tier.

Fourth tier:

a) Directly affiliated. 20 teams. Called “Primera C Metropolitana”. They play one league of two rounds. The champion is promoted. From the 2 to the 9 in the table, they compete in a playoff in round of 8, semi-finals and final. The winner gains the right to play a promotion playoff against the “Primera B Metropolitana” team. One team is relegated and one team plays a promotion-playoff with the fourth tier, directly affiliated team. The relegations and the promotion-playoffs are according to the last 3 season points (average points).

b) Indirectly affiliated: 48 teams. Called “Torneo Argentino B”.

a. First round: Separated in 6 zones of 7 teams each and one zone of 6 teams. Divided by region. Zone 1 (6 teams): Patagonia. Zone 2: Buenos Aires province south. Zone 3: Buenos Aires province center and north. Zone 4: Córdoba and Santa Fe. Zone 5: San Juan, San Luis and Mendoza. Zone 6: Northeastern (Chaco, Misiones, Corrientes, Entre Ríos, Santiago del Estero). Zone 7: Northwestern (Salta, Tucumán, Jujuy). They play 2 rounds. First two of each zone qualify, and the two best third of the 7-teams zone qualify too for the second round.

b. Second round: the 16 teams qualified of the first round compete are divided in 4 groups of 4 teams each. They play two rounds. The first of each group qualifies for the third round (8 teams).

c. Play-off. Each of the 8 teams is divided in 4 groups. They play a 2-rounds play-off. Winner (two games, overtime and penalties if necessary) of each round advance to a next round. Those 4 teams are divided in two groups. They play each other a 2-rounds play-off. Winner of each group is promoted to the “Torneo Argentino A”. Looser plays a play-off promotion against the two of the “Torneo Argentino A” in promotion zone.

d. Relegation and promotion: Ordered by the points they achieve in the first round, 3 worst teams are relegated, whereas the third placed above this three play a relegation-promotion playoff against the fifth tier indirectly affiliated team (“Torneo del Interior”).

Fifth tier:

a) Directly affiliated. “Primera D Metropolitana” 18 teams. League system. 2 rounds. Winner is promoted. From the 2 to the 9 in the table, they compete in a playoff in round of 8, semi-finals and final. The winner gains the right to play a promotion playoff against the “Primera C Metropolitana” team. 1 team is relegated and it will be temporarily suspended for one year. It will return the following year. The promoted team next year is the currently suspended team (currently, Muñiz). The relegation is according to the last 3 season points (average points).

b) Indirectly affiliated. “Torneo del Interior”. Now, there are 319 teams playing that competition. And this is renewed each year, as the teams are qualified from their local leagues. So, it will be currently quite difficult to do that.

Sixth tier:

a) Directly affiliated: only one team, currently suspended for having been relegated last season from Primera D Metropolitana. It will be automatically promoted next year.

b) Different local leagues: quite hard, if not impossible to do that!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived