how to approach a 3-5-2?

As in my Fiorentina game i noticed Palermo Lazio and 2 others teams use the 3-5-2 and i just cant beat it, i've only managed to beat Palermo and Lazio once and other 3 matches 2 draws and 1 loss or something, im playing an 4-2-3-1. My next game is vs lazio early in the season and i want to get the 3 points ofc. ill play it and then ill keep you guys updated, i hope some of you can help me beat the 3-5-2?

In the second season Palermo won the Serie A with a 3-5-2 thats really impressive and last season they have managed to get a ECC qualification with ending 3rd..

edit: easy game vs Lazio at home i won 2-0 despite having ball possesion of 60% .. i dominated but Palermo is very dangerous with this tactic.

You should utilise your wing players who are the fullbacks and the wingers. As you can see, there are just two wide players in 3-5-2. This tactic is used to improve the control of possession against any teams who may be as strong as or stronger than the team who used it. It is a solid tactic through the middle but of course the flanks are the weakest areas.

The wide midfielders will tend to run up and down the flanks and they will get tired soon. Then you will see that players from other position will cover the flanks which may create space at the other areas for you to exploit. So I will suggest you to

1) Give a high mentality to your wingers so that they can push forward as far as possible.

2) Give both the wingers and fullbacks hold up ball.

3) Give your fullbacks the defensive roles so that they won't attack to strengthen your defence and to provide extra men at the flanks to support the attack as well.

4) Let your gk to distribute the ball to defender collect

5) set your amc to run from deep often

You should utilise your wing players who are the fullbacks and the wingers. As you can see, there are just two wide players in 3-5-2. This tactic is used to improve the control of possession against any teams who may be as strong as or stronger than the team who used it. It is a solid tactic through the middle but of course the flanks are the weakest areas.

The wide midfielders will tend to run up and down the flanks and they will get tired soon. Then you will see that players from other position will cover the flanks which may create space at the other areas for you to exploit. So I will suggest you to

1) Give a high mentality to your wingers so that they can push forward as far as possible.

2) Give both the wingers and fullbacks hold up ball.

3) Give your fullbacks the defensive roles so that they won't attack to strengthen your defence and to provide extra men at the flanks to support the attack as well.

4) Let your gk to distribute the ball to defender collect

5) set your amc to run from deep often

alright thanks for the tips mate ill apply it for my next game with palermo.

You won without much pressure or just a tight game? So did you see your team scored from wide?

Its annoying that my players shoot from a long distance so all my players are rarely shooting from far as i put it on all player instructions, it was my midfield which helped me win and i scored both from set pieces

Its annoying that my players shoot from a long distance so all my players are rarely shooting from far as i put it on all player instructions, it was my midfield which helped me win and i scored both from set pieces

If your players tend to have long shots, then you should replay that parts and analyse

1) who is the one to have long shots? Is it just a particular player or there are a few of them?

2) when the player(s) in the question one, receive the ball, you should have seen that he holds the ball for a few second, then he shoots from far right? Check if there is anyone around him when he has the ball. The thing that encourages him to shoot from long range is because he find no one to pass the ball. He has no passing options who are near to him. There may be passing options but either it is hard for him to make the pass or it is difficult for the passing options to reach the pass.

If your players tend to have long shots, then you should replay that parts and analyse

1) who is the one to have long shots? Is it just a particular player or there are a few of them?

2) when the player(s) in the question one, receive the ball, you should have seen that he holds the ball for a few second, then he shoots from far right? Check if there is anyone around him when he has the ball. The thing that encourages him to shoot from long range is because he find no one to pass the ball. He has no passing options who are near to him. There may be passing options but either it is hard for him to make the pass or it is difficult for the passing options to reach the pass.

my tactic is narrow and short passing and slow tempo thats maybe why?

Archived