[FM11] It's freezing, but no snoods allowed

AndrewFM

Well due to my other game crashing and the save files were unable to reload, I have had to start a new game. My previous game was 12 years long, I hope to at the very least double that with this game so anyone who reads should be in for a good read.

Countries Selected (All to lowest league):

Croatia

Czech Republic

Finland

Iceland

Ireland

Norway

Sweden

Serbia

View Only:

England

Italy

Spain

I began unemployed and with a reputation of Sunday League Footballer.

Attribute masking is on and I'm using the latest updated database with no edits.

Let the job hunt begin :)

Manager Overview (Updated as frequently as possible)

Number of clubs managed: 1

Number of nations managed: 0

Longest time at a club: 938 days (current)

Shortest time at a club: N/A

Number of awards won: 1

Manager of the Month: 1

Manager of the Year: 0

Career Earnings: €12k

Number of players bought: 17

Total value of players bought: €28k

Number of players sold: 25

Total value of players sold: €1k

Highest fee spent: €20k

Highest fee received: €500

Hall of Fame:

Highest nationality ranking: N/A

Highest nation ranking: N/A

Highest continental ranking: N/A

Highest world ranking: N/A

annelundsif.gif

Well it didn't take long, I was offered a number of jobs in the Swedish bottom league and I took this one.

Annelunds are currently lying 6th in the table and the team is quite poor even for the standards of the Swedish Second Division WG, which is one of 6 different geographical leagues in the 4th tier of the Swedish leagues.

I started in the game in July 2010 so there has been 14 games played already and 8 to go.

I've been given a contract just until the end of the season so it will be an interesting task to get the team as high a finish as possible, promotion is certainly out of the question anyway.

Wish me luck.

Good luck AndrewFM, interesting mix of countries there! I love managing in Sweden, there's normally a lot of quality youngsters in the neighbouring Scandinavian countries to build a decent team :thup:

Yeah I've brought in a couple youngins but only from Sweden. The guys I brought in though have gone straight in to the 1st team so I think that shows how poor the squad was.

annelundsif.gif

Season Review 2010 - Annelunds IF

Well with just 8 games left in the season and being 16 points off I wasn't expecting anything much from the team but just to finish as high as we could, and boy did they go out and do that well. The table finished up like this:

swedishseconddivisionwe.png

I was very happy with how the team performed. The couple players I brought in certainly helped and they seemed to get used to my formation fairly quickly. I gained 7 points on the league leaders, who already had the league practically won when I took over so the future looks good for this team, especially as this is the first season they have been in the league.

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures.png

Can't really complain about my 8 games at all, 7 wins and just the 1 loss in my first game. I was absolutely delighted with the team as it isn't in a great shape at all and after this finish, I would be hopeful that with the right signings, I can go and really push for that one promotion spot next season, as long as I am offered a new contract.

Key Players:

Fredrik Ahlman

Solid at left-back for me and he was my first signing for the club.

Jimmy Arnesson

Central to whatever moves the team went through, he ran the midfield and he is one of the best players at the club.

Mohammed Abdulrahman

Well, 7 games, 3 goals and 6 assists, what more could I have asked from him? Probably my best signing.

Stefan Sjoberg

Bringing in Abdulrahman revitalised this guy, scoring 6 goals in the 7 games they played together.

Have y'all never heard of rolling auto-save? :D

Good luck in Sweden's lower tiers. I'm with you about the damn snoods. :thup:

Believe me, I know about it now and it is in full working order :)

Shame about the other save. Best of luck, Sweden is a great place to manage.

Yeh but a fresh start might be good for me. It does seem a fun place to be, but saying that so would anywhere when you win 7 out of your first 8 games, just hope I don't go into next season thinking I'll walk it.

Pre-Season 2011 - Annelunds IF

Well seeing as my squad is now quite small, had to get rid of a lot of deadwood, I only organised 4 friendlies, and they were all with clubs from the Premier Division as I needed to bring in some extra cash.

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures-2.png

The 5-1 was a brilliant result, even though it did flatter my team a tad as the clear cut chances were even during the game, but even still it was a fantastic performance. The Swedish Cup win was nice as the team didn't get past this round last season so I am quite happy with that.

Here's my transfers. had to let a lot go due to them eating away at my wages.

AnnelundsIFTransfers_History.png

So I look forward to my first full season in charge and hopefully I can continue the form I had in the 1st part of my career here.

annelundsif.gif

Season Review 2011 - Annelunds IF

SwedishSecondDivisionWestGotalandInformation_Stages.png

So another good season but I really would have liked to have been closer to the top of the table. 7 points off the top isn't the worst, but when there is only 1 promotion place, I want to be right there come the end of the season. I don't want to spend too long of my career at the bottom of the Swedish leagues so next season I will definitely be setting my standards higher and really going for it. This was another promising season and I gained a small bit of ground towards the top of the table. Considering this is only Annelunds 2nd season in the Swedish Second Division it isn't the worst, but I want better :)

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures-3.png

My first 3 losses were very disappointing as I wasn't outplayed by the opposition, they just finished their chances while my lads missed some serious sitters. Bit of a pain when I look back now and realise that if they were 3 wins, which they could easily have been, then I would have won the league.

Key Players:

Bjorn Holmén

While he didn't play every game, due to injuries and rotation, the games he did play he played very well and was one of my top performers and put in some great performances towards the end of the season when I went on my unbeaten run.

Kristoffer Holmén

Solid centre midfielder who rarely put a foot wrong in the middle of the park.

Tobias Bayard

One of more exciting players, he gets up and down the wing fantastically and he chips in with goals as well as assists.

Morten Fosse

9 goals for this guy and I couldn't complain with his work rate. He maybe should have scored a few more, but my other striker was the same. Got most of his goals towards the end so hopefully that's a good sign for next season.

Looking good so far, a few more signings and you might clinch promotion :thup:

Yeah I do need a couple of key signings but the problem is, I just received this message:

AndrewORourkeNews_Inbox.png

So my sponsorship is now €168k less than last season, and the only thing that kept me at a decent level of cash was that sponsorship deal so I'm really going to struggle to sign any more decent players and I may have to either offload a couple of my big earners or else get them to sign a new deal with less pay. Should be interesting.

Unlucky about the sponsorship :(

Flamers

Yeah it's quite annoying as I felt about 3 key players could have made the difference between promotion and another decent season.

That result against Elfsborg is fantastic, shame about the new sponsorship deal.

Yeah I was delighted with it, showed me the team is capable of beating higher ranked teams, obviously not all premiership teams, but at least the next division up should my team get there. Just need to finish off those chances more often.

Pre-Season 2012 - Annelunds IF

It was a tough pre-season for me, with the club losing it's lucrative sponsorship deal (€175k) and settling for a €7k deal. It really messed up the progression I was making as I needed that cash for wages for some new players that I needed to strengthen the squad. Here's my transfers anyway:

AnnelundsIFTransfers_History-1.png

I could only bring in 2 players permanently and the rest are all on load, but to be fair they are just as good as what I could attract permanently anyway so I'm too peeved. And there is no restrictions for loan players so it's handy enough for me, although the problem is, at the end of the season, I'll have a huge hole in my squad when/if they leave.

My pre-season friendlies were split in 2, a few early ones to try make some much needed cash then some just for fitness and morale. Here's how they went:

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures-4.png

I was happy enough with the friendlies but a small bit disappointed with the cup as I would have liked to get to the first round proper. But Ersboda played well on the day and deserved to beat me so I can't have much to complain about.

Hopefully I can go and get a good start to this league campaign and really push for promotion as I have a feeling if I don't do it this season the club may be screwed.

annelundsif.gif

Season Review 2012 - Annelunds IF

Oh what a season! Promotion was secured for me with 4 games to go, and to be honest, with 8 or 9 games to go I was quite confident of winning the league. It was easy in the end for me as the team just beat everyone that we came up against. I think my fixture/results list will show you how we just dominated the league.

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures-3-1.png

When you win that many games it is near impossible to lose the league! I was 7 points clear at the top of the table from the half way point and the gap only became wider and wider and eventually I won it by 12 points, and that was with a slow finish to the league as well.

SwedishSecondDivisionWestGotalandInformation_Stages-1.png

I can only hope that I can bring some of my form into the First Division, I will need to sign at least 5 1st team players I feel and I will most likely be looking at loan signings, hopefully I can attract players with good enough quality to make the difference. A whole new backroom staff is in order as well, away we go :).

Key Players:

Jonathan Ask

Brought Ask in on loan and he was brilliant at the back, and also popped up with a few goals as well. Couldn't have asked for any more from him really.

Tobias Bayard

This winger was central to setting up the goals for my 2 strikers, and even chipped in with a few goals himself.

Mohammed Abdulrahman

Unfortunately due to the crappy financial situation at the club, I couldn't offer this guy a good enough contract and he signed a pre-contract deal with another club, but he still went on to bang in plenty of goals for and he won the fans player of the season. I will be forever grateful to him.

Erik Tornros

Another loanee and another quality player. Himself and Abdulrahman finished on 14 goals a piece so I was delighted with that return. Have him on loan for the new season as well, hopefully he can do it again.

You get more money for awya friendlies unless you're a HUGE team like United, Chelsea etc

Gratz :)

Flamers

I see. I'd say I never copped this on is because when I first started out Football Manager I would choose the bigger teams and then that's what I learned to have have the home games :p I shall change it now for my upcoming pre-season.

Congrats on promotion even with the sponsorship setback :thup:

Cheers, got a new sponsorship again this season, up to 12k, not very nice :( But I shall try and survive anyway.

Pre-Season 2012 - Annelunds IF

After taking in Flamers I organised away friendlies and it seemed to pay off for me. I won the first 6 then the last few weren't great and unfortunately I was knocked out of the Swedish Cup in the preliminary round for the 2nd season in a row, but it isn't too bad for me as I want to concentrate on the league.

AnnelundsIFAnnelund_Fixtures-5.png

The board expect me to fight bravely against relegation so I amn't being given much of a chance in the league but I hope I will be able stay out of the relegation zone for as long as possible.

Once again I don't have a great amount of money to spend, with the club being in a bit of debt, so I looked to loan signings and free agents. There was 20k spent on one player but that was compensation, which I only realised after I accepted the deal, he better be worth it.

AnnelundsIFTransfers_History-2.png

So although the board half expect me to get relegated, I'm looking to finish a little higher up and maybe get a safe mid-table place, wish me luck :).

Guys had to wipe my laptop, it was acting up and was sick of it. So all my games are gone, I'll start a new thread soon, who knows maybe one day I'll finally have a thread to rival Flamers', crouchaldinho's, Nobby's or any of the other fine career threads! Keep watching guys, it will happen :)

Archived