What teams did you manage through the FM-years

ommerson

I am quite picky as to what team I want to manage, I only apply to teams I like for their coulours or logo (I have to stare at them a lot you see).

But I also don't want to manage a team I managed in the past, in former FM carreers. I realised a couple of days ago that the list of managed teams is becoming quite large, so I will make an efford to name them all. I wonder if there's people who managed more (I guess there are). Feel free to list yours.

I started in the last CM managing my old love Telstar of dutch second tier. After that save I always start unemployed with lowest rep. Biggest achievements being Eufa-cup QF's with Atalanta and Le Havre. Here's the clubs I managed (that I can remember from the head), mostly lower league:

Belgium: FC Antwerp, Eendracht Aalst

Germany: FC St Pauli, Stuttgarter Kickers

Denmark: Glostrup, B'93, Brönshoj

England: Waltham Abbey, Burgesss Hill Town, Thatcham Town, Chesterfield, Basingstoke Town, Millwall, Hereford Utd, Sheffield Wednesday, Colchester Utd, Harrogate Town, AFC Hornchurch, Tamworth, Ilkeston Town, Droylsden

France: Le Havre AC, RC Strasbourg

Holland: Telstar, FC Dordrecht, vv Ter Leede, DTS'35, vv Kloetinge, AFC'34

Ireland: Finn Harps

Italy: Atalanta Bergamo, Catanzaro

Norway: FK Sogndal

Sweden: Högaborgs BK, Falkenbergs FF, Landskrona BoIS

Scotland: Annan Athletic, Ross County, Queen of the South, Cowdenbeath, St Johnstone

Spain: Toledo

My best save was probably in FM09 where I started out at Högaborgs BK and via Shef Wed (among others) got Le Havre AC into europe form L2.

Through the years of CM and then FM i have done the following save games. This is starting clubs.

Germany: Karlshrue, Schalke - Preferred Team: Eintracht Frankfurt or Borussia M'gladbach

England: Newcastle, Tottenham, Ipswich, Watford, Everton, Aston Villa, Charlton Preferred Team: Aston Villa

France: AS Saint Etienne (Best Save ever) Preferred Team: AS Saint Etienne

Holland: Go Ahead Eagles

Ireland: Shamrock Rovers

Italy: Pro Vercelli

Scotland: Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Albion Rovers

Spain: Alaves, Betis

Argentina: Newell's Old Boys

The team name and logo are also important to me I enjoy a more unusual save rather than doing the norm. Most of the above were part of a two player game (hotseat) play.

I loved the French save and do not tend to go back as my Saint Etienne save was the best I have ever done. Germany was good but I find it a bit easy there. I support Villa so English saves are always hard when I do not manage them. Scotland is always an interesting challenge and I usually play a Scottish save when developing a new tactic or playing style.

Part way through my first journeyman career at the moment but I do miss a long term save with one club.

wow Flamers. Are you not an old timer like me then lol

My first game was CM96/97 and then they brought out the 97/98 update.

Oh the days of Dalian Atkinson, Cantona, McClair amongst others lol. Even Lee Sharpe was good on that game. I found a copy of it a while back and it was funny to load it up again and see the names in the game.

I started in CM 00/01 but I only used to manage Utd... Then in FM10 I started to look at lower leagues and have had 2 10 season long saves.

Also on a side note, KFK are beaten Rubin of Russia atm in my game!

Flamers

I always find it hard to re create a previous challenge so always need a new feel to every game. I enjoy using not real players now to make each game individual.

Every save gets that little bit harder to make make it a great save. My current one is struggling to take off at the moment. I may be at Chesterfield for a while I think. My rep sucks lol

Well Team Bury was the obvious small club to big club, I got to 3rd in the Prem before FM11 came out. KFK is small club and small country to big club and big country, I honestly expect this save to take about 50-100 years to get to where I want so I'm in this for the long haul.

Oh and we lost 3-1 to Rubin but oh well, we tried!

Flamers

I'm been playing since CM2, so off the top of my head (at work) here's a list of some of the memorable teams I have managed:

Argentina: Tigres

Brazil: Ivinhema, Parnahyba

Czech Republic: Bohemians 1905

England: Liverpool, Aston Villa, Havant & Waterlooville, Barnsley, Wigan, Nottm Forest, Spurs, Swansea, Woking, Man City, Southampton, Portsmouth, Newcastle, Rushden & Diamonds, AFC Bournemouth, Salisbury

France: Caen, PSG

Germany: Munster, HSV, 1860 Munich

Holland: NEC Nijmegen

Italy: Napoli, Bari, Roma

Portugal: Belenenses

Scotland: Berwick Rangers, East Fife, Rangers

Russia: Dinamo Moscow

Spain: Gimnastica, Real Madrid, Benidorm

Sweden: Djurgardens IF

Switzerland: Lausanne

There has been many, many more but these are the ones that stand out in my memory!

Christ probably too many too name. A few of my favourite saves have been with...

Peterborough (All English team, youngsters like Ryan Donaldson playing AMC, banging them in)

Huesden-Zolder (Belgium, completed the Small Club to Big Club Challenge with them.)

Arsenal di Sarandi (Argentina, part last seasons career save, dominated with them)

King's Lynn (Home town, think it was 08, they were in the conference south, took them to Prem)

CENE (Brazil, completed the South American version of small to big club)

Had a few career saves in my time, last seasons and 09 was pretty epic.

As far as I can remember:

Czech Rep: Hlucin

England: Liverpool, Colchester, Southampton, Gillingham (Leo Fortune-west \0/), Droylsden, Bishop's Stortford, Farsley, Tiverton

Romania: Juventus Bucharest

Scotland: Livingstone

Slovenia: Triglav

Sweden: Ersboda (sure there have been more!)

Turkey: Siirtspor

I've also managed (and relegated) a number of Portuguese and Italian lower league clubs, but I can't remember their names for the life of me!

Spain: Albacete, Salamanca, Rayo, Granada CF, Real Betis

England: Fulham

France: Le Mans, AC Ajaccio, Paris FC 2000

Italy: Empoli, Pisa, Alto Adige, Atalanta

Holland: Roda JC, Sparta Rotterdam

Germany: Eintracht Frankfurt, Greuther Furth, 1860 Munich, Hannover 96, Karlsruhe, Kaiserslautern

Portugal: SC Beira-Mar

Norway: Kristiansund BK

Sweden: Saxamara

Too many to mention, so I'll just list the ones I managed at for at least 3 seasons, unless stated otherwise and somewhat memorable:

China - Henan, Anhui, Rizhiquan (and also Beijing, Locomotive, Yanbian for a season)

England - Derby (FM08 - sorry Raware! :p), Plymouth, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon, FC United, AFC Liverpool

Germany - VfB Stuttgart, FSV Frankfurt (for a season), RB Leipzig (for a season)

Hong Kong - Double Flower, Tai Po (both for a season, winning a grand total of 0 games :))

Indonesia - Persma Manado

Ireland - Wexford Youths (for 2 weeks!)

Japan - V.Varen Nagasaki, Urawa Reds (for 1.5 seasons)

Malaysia - Beverly!

Mexico - Tampico Madero

Netherlands - Ajax, PSV, FC Eindhoven (for 1 season)

New Zealand - Auckland City

Northern Ireland - Distillery

Poland - Wisla (for a season)

Russia - Zenit, Chernomorets, Baltika

Scotland - Celtic

Spain - Real Madrid, Real Oviedo

Sweden - Motala AIF

Ukraine - Shakhtar!!!

USA/Canada (MLS) - Toronto FC, LA Galaxy, Houston, Colorado, NYRB

I think that's all over the years. :)

Nice to see so many different clubs :D.

In the 20 years i've been playing CM/FM, i've played as :

England : Nottingham Forest, Mansfield Town, Rushden and Diamonds, Long Eaton United, Peterborough United, Burton Albion, AFC Wimbledon

Scotland : Ross County, Livingston, Celtic, Hearts, Rangers

Northern Ireland : Lurgan Celtic

France : PSG, Nantes

Germany : Dortmund, Monchengladbach

Spain : Betis, Barcelona

Italy : Juventus, AC Milan, Napoli

Norway : Lillehammer

Sweden : Elfsborg

Croatia : Dinamo Zagreb

Argentina : Sarmiento de Junin

South Africa : FC Cape Town

Hong Kong : Happy Valley, Fukien

South Korea : FC Seoul

I'm disgusted with you rancer!

;)

Didn't know you supported Forest back then! Maybe if I knew you in FM08 I wouldn't have played with Derby. Derby were horrible in their only season in the Premiership and I wanted to see how I could do with them. :p

Oh, and I also managed Carlisle too for a couple seasons!

Didn't know you supported Forest back then! Maybe if I knew you in FM08 I wouldn't have played with Derby. Derby were horrible in their only season in the Premiership and I wanted to see how I could do with them. :p

Oh, and I also managed Carlisle too for a couple seasons!

Well, I hope you didn't get more than 11 points as that's their record forever! :D.

I didn't really get that attached to my games before FM06, but here are the ones I can remember since then:

FM06: Braintree (England)

FM07: Staines (England), AFC Wimbledon (England), Kilmore Rec (Northern Ireland)

FM08: Prescot Cables (England), Scirocco Works (Northern Ireland), St Albans (England), Bassano Virtus (Italy), Notts County (England), Wycombe (England), Deportivo (Spain), Middlesbrough (England)

FM09: FC United (England), Brazlandia (Brazil), Dartford (England)

FM10: Tooting & Mitcham (England)

FM11: Havant & Waterlooville (England), Oxford United (England), Sabadell (Spain), Valencia (Spain), Bayer Leverkusen (Germany), Portsmouth (England)

I couldn't list all mine as I can't remember them all... I've played CM/FM from the very start. My most memorable saves were with Barnet (01/02) and three times with Billericay (01/02, 06 and 09).

I'm hoping my current Newcastle Town save will be a long running epic, especially as it's the first time I've been able to play with my hometown club from the very start. Problem is, with work and girlfriend taking up more of my time, I might have to skip a version (FM12) for the first time to be able to.

I've played since FM06. Here are the teams I can remember:

England: Hampton & Richmond, Dosthill Colts, Braintree, Staines, Sutton Utd, Forest, Cheslea, Reading, Wigan, Macclesfield, Woking, Redditch, Bognor Regis

Spain: Valladolid, Baza, Malaga

Sweden: IK Tord

England: Sunderland, Notts County, Nottingham Forest, Derby, AFC Telford, AFC Wimbledon, Margate, QPR, Arsenal.

Scotland: Gretna

Germany: Hertha BSC Berlin

Spain: Real Madrid

Poland: Wisla Krakow, Korona Kielce, KSZO Ostrowiec, Start Otwock.

Not counting few shorts episodes (either games started and abandoned in first season or old saves when I change club after many years... usually it's just not the same and my interest dies out)

Archived