[FM11] Qatar - hosts to world beaters

Tullem

Qatar

Logo-QFA.jpg

National Stadium - Khalifa International Stadium

800px-Khalifa_International_Stadium_interior_night_2009_Emir_Cup.jpg

Qatar national team appoint Ramy Al-Sol

In this save I am to get the Qatar national team to the best in the world. I was inspired by Tony Hawker's San Marino save, although i wanted to do the challenge in a different continent.

Only leagues available to play are Qatari, as I may delve into club management later on in an attempt to improve youth quality.

I'm hoping their hosting of the 2022 World Cup is coded into the game, hence the title of this thread, if so the tournament will be an interesting test of how well I can improve the team.

:)

National squad upon joining;

qatarqatarplayers.png

I shall update on a seasonal basis with news, results and latest world rankings :)

Goodluck with Qatar Jamie, makes me feel glad that I'm inspiring people :D

Thanks and you sure did, I hope I can have as good a career as your San Marino adventure is turning out to be :D

Huge fan of Tony Hawkers thread and am absolutely loving that more people are doing underdog challenges like this one. Even though 90% of matches may be a loss it's still magical when you muster up a win/draw with an international giant. Will be watching closely.

Update 1 - 2010

With my 2010 fixtures over by October I thought i should update you on how we've done.

Immediately after joining I removed all players from the squad i was given, so i could pick my own players from the national pool.

Results

The results and scorers are below;

qatarqatarfixtures2.png

I was predicted a draw with Hong Kong but we got a good win in the end, three of the four scorers are nationalised Qataris (Fabio cesar from Brazil, Soria from Uruguay and Mubarak from Ghana), which shows me the lack of talent in the native players at the current time.

We didn't do too badly to only lose 2-0 to paraguay, and we were predicted a win against Brunei.

My conclusion from the opening three games is that we have a good few attacking players, but the lack of clean sheets as well as the poor discipline (two CB's have seen red in three games) highlights weaknesses at the back.

Other News

I got this very bizarre message in between my friendlies, I have not interacted with either manager before (in fact i dont think i can!) and these clubs are where the majority of the good players are, so it worries me!

ramyalsolnewsinbox2.png

World Ranking

qataroverviewoverview.png

That's down two places despite two wins out of three :confused:

This save may have finished before it's really begun... :( I can't get past 31st december, keep getting a crash dump. I'll raise the issue where i downloaded the file but this may mean i have to start again, in a different nation, with a different edit file....

Archived