[FM11] The Salvation of Whitby Town...

... lay in the hands of little old me and I wasn't about to let the fans down.

WHITBY TOWN 2011/2012

image008-1.jpg

Pre-season was all about completely replacing the squad that had just earned promotion to the Conference North. It took a lot of hard work and not everyone I wanted came to share in the glory but it was worth it by the end of the 1st season.

LEAGUE -

1st - (Prediction 22nd) - We were unstoppable. Even surpassing my opening season with Cambridge City in FM10. I wondered if we could manage to win every game but alas it wasn't to be as we succombed to a 2-0 loss away to Eastwood Town just 7 days after winning 7-0 on the same ground in the FA Trophy. Once again goals scored and against were surpassed even by my high standards at Cambridge. We amassed 222 league goals and conceded just 9.

FA TROPHY -

Winners - A massive 27,282 saw us defeat Conference Premier side Burton Albion 4-1 at Wembley Stadium. No real troubles on the way either.

FA Cup - 4th Round - Well as the saying goes "you can't win 'em all" and we didn't. In the 2nd round we were held 1-1 at home by Scunthorpe but managed to shade the away replay 3-2. Round three saw probably our best performance of the season with a

4-0 win away to Championship Wigan before succombing 2-1 at Championship side Blackpool in Round 4 having taken the lead.

Squad - I was exceptionally happy with the squad but after every promotion its always a good idea to trim it down and start again. Congo youth international Fabrice Otshudi leading the frontline with 64 goals whilst strike partner Callum Bagshaw bagged 62. Our centre back, Welsh International Youth, Alex Evans also chipped in with 30 goals. I presume all from set pieces.

Our biggest win of the season was the

11-0 home win over Guisley.

So what does the future hold? Well it looks like another one of those gratuously overly successful campaigns but what the hell. It will be interesting to test the limits of FM11.

Predicted to finish 22nd...

Win the league...

Win 41 out of 42 games...

Score over 200 goals...

Concede less than 10 goals...

Win the FA Trophy and reach the 4th Round of the FA Cup from Conference North...

I'm sorry, that just doesn't happen without outside influences.

Wow. Your team is scoring over 5 goals a match while the opposition is scoring about 1 goal every 5 games! 41 wins out of 42 and you win the FA Trophy. All this with just 15 players!. Impressive! You are either the world's best football manager or you have the world's best players. Or what Nobby said. . . .

Post number 78 in this thread...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/255780-I-m-a-great-football-manager-because.....

That's averaging 8 goals a game in the first five games. With Bolton Wanderers. In the first season.

T. Locke* is a cheat. No question about it.

*The original poster's real name according to the link to the Whitby league table.

I'm not sure how anyone who plays like this finds the game enjoyable. But even more troubling is the concept that someone can inflate their ego by posting unrealistic accomplishments that can only be attributable to an anonymous Screen Name. I know you see it all over the internet, but it is a bit bizarre.

You've been digging Nobby, maybe he's just an excellent manager? :D

Having spent the majority of my SI forum time over the years in LLM, I have plenty of experience in digging. :D

One thing I have become in my year and a half in Career Updates since leaving the LLM forum (though I still make the odd post in there) is much more tolerant to people who play games in a style different to mine, even though it may not be as in a realistic manner as how I play. Everyone is entitled to play the game their own way after all. One thing I refuse to tolerate, and never will, is cheats who then brag about their 'achievements'.

If somebody played golf in such a manner at the golf club I played at, they'd get kicked out of the club.

Archived