FM2011: Nani

Chasjs

Nani

nanir.jpg

Bio

Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha (born 17 November 1986) is a Portuguese footballer, commonly known as Nani. He plays as a winger for English side Manchester United and the Portugal national team.

Nani began his career with Sporting CP, joining the youth team in 2003 before making his first-team debut in 2005. During his two-year tenure in Portugal, Nani won only one trophy: the Portuguese Cup in the 2006–07 season. Before the 2007–08 season, Nani's performances attracted the attention of Manchester United, who secured his services in July 2007. He gained first-team status almost immediately and has since won the Premier League twice, the 2007–08 UEFA Champions League, the 2008–09 League Cup, along with the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup and three Community Shields.

Nani made his Portugal debut in 2006, scoring his first goal in the process, and has since established himself as a key member for them. He was heavily featured during Euro 2008 and throughout the 2010 World Cup qualification process. Since his debut, Nani has made 41 appearances and scored 9 goals for Portugal. Though right-footed, he is known for his ability to come inside from the right wing and shoot with power and accuracy with his left foot.

Football Manager 2011

naniprofileattributes2.png

Preferred Moves

Shoots From Distance

Curls Ball

Cuts Inside

Runs With Ball Often

Nani has been a very capable winger in Football Manager for a few years now but in FM2011 he is better than ever. His main strengths his ability to play on both wings and is strong with either foot allowing him to cut inside or go to the byline on either flank. His deliverary into the box is often dangerous and he is always a threat cutting inside. Lastly his high Flair means he will often do the unexpected and produce a moment of brilliance.

He has the ability to improve slightly. Here is Nani in 2014:

naniprofileattributes.png

As you can see a few of his stats have increased slightly and now he has established himself as a key part of my first team. He is always close to getting the highest number of assits in the Premier League every season but in the last few seasons he has increased improved his goal-scoring by being in the right place at the right time more often.

One of his main cristisms in the past is his consistency but now he has reached a level of consistency that a younger Nani could only dream of.

nanihistorycareerstats.png

He has spent most of his time on the right wing as Bale currently has the left flank tied down. Even so he has performed well on the left aswell if Bale is injured with Valencia replacing him on the right.

Having finally stepped out of Ronaldo's shadow he has earned himself the famous number 7 shirt, continuing the tradition of great United forwards, for me at least.

Possibly the best winger in the world if you dont count the two freaks of nature.

Am I the only one who thinks that his PA is a tad low for him?

Anyway, Still a great player! :thup:

First season he was rather good for me, 21 assists and 8 goals in 42 apps (although 14 were off the bench). Scored the same the following season, but his assists feel. And then due to the other players I had in my squad, he was surplus to requirements so shipped him out to Barcelona for £9.5m.

He's playing his best season so far yet you think he should be toned down?

What has how he's playing got to do with him taking corners? Yes this is his best season. Still doesnt change the fact he cant beat the first man when taking a corner. If Giggs is playing he doesnt even take them any more. 17 is way too high.

17 for corner taking is a joke. He never beats the first man with corners. I really hope its toned down a bit for the patch.

Maybe, he's takes a few good ones but a little inconsistent. Maybe drop that a few points. I think he could do with a slight boost on both ability and potential because currently he's defiantly one of the very best proper wingers in Europe at the moment. I feel his dribbling could be upped a point and also his speed and crossing.

Maybe, he's takes a few good ones but a little inconsistent. Maybe drop that a few points. I think he could do with a slight boost on both ability and potential because currently he's defiantly one of the very best proper wingers in Europe at the moment. I feel his dribbling could be upped a point and also his speed and crossing.

Even though he doesn't appear as good as he should, he's still a beast, so either way i'd be happy :)

17 for corner taking is a joke. He never beats the first man with corners. I really hope its toned down a bit for the patch.

Your hopes have been confirmed, he's also been upped a tad in a few other areas and he's now properly either footed. Will probably update the OP with new patch information soon.

Your hopes have been confirmed, he's also been upped a tad in a few other areas and he's now properly either footed. Will probably update the OP with new patch information soon.

Yep that was the first thing I checked. 12 now isnt it? Seems about right.

Yep that was the first thing I checked. 12 now isnt it? Seems about right.

I'd say 13/14 but yeah, it's alright. Without considering hidden stuff (PAs, CAs, etc..) I think he's been bumped though which is probably right. I think Bale has aswell so I'm tempted to recreate my current pair of wingers if I start a new save with United (I say if when I should say when... it's that inevitable...). They seem destructive enough on my game (11.1) already.

Archived