Removing the advertising boards - FM10

crouchaldinho

Would anyone be able to help me to achieve this?

As I play in 2D Classic, I just find that they look a bit rubbish, and I'm sick of the sight of them!

I've used the Resource Archiver to extract the Ads files but I don't know what changes to make. :o All I want to do is to totally remove all advertising boards from the 2D Classic pitch side.

It can't be that hard, can it? Would anyone be able to assist?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

• 3 weeks later...

If you find a way to do this in the real world too, PLEASE let me know. I hate ads in all its forms.

Haven't looked into fixing this in the game, but doubt I could manage it anyway. Sorry if a new post in your thread brought up your hopes :D

I worked it out in the end Pangaea.

I simply deleted the 'ads' file from C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data

Oh, and also from the updates folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\data

This is for FM10 but it's probably the same for 11 too.

Deleting those files seems to do the job and the 2D classic looks a lot better without those stupid ad boards.

Let me know if this works for you. :thup:

Thanks, that worked like a treat :)

Bit unusual at first, but quickly gotten used to not seeing the PoS along the pitch. Works just as well with 3D. The physics is still there so you may see the ball bounce back if you hit it at the right height.

Archived