FM11: Alexis Sanchez

I'm sure this guy needs absolutely no introduction as he is pretty high profile in real life and has been awesome on FM for a number of years now (which is probably why he doesn't have a thread already!). For one reason or another though, I'd never managed him until now, and the form I've been getting out of him has been so sensational I had to start a topic for the guy.

Signed him for Athletico for 16 million pounds in January of the first season, and he immediately became my most important player. He has relatively low wage demands for a top player, is very versatile (he is Accomplished in the AMC, AML and striker positions), adjusts quickly and has a great attitude.

I play him in the AMR slot and have him swapping positions with Luis Suarez up front.

This was him at the end of the first season:

AlexisSnchezProfile_Attributes.png

He won Signing of the Season and had the highest average rating in the league.

In the second season, he went from strength to strength and had a Christiano Ronaldo-esque season:

AlexisSnchezProfile_Attributes-3-1.png

He starts with the PPMs "Runs with ball down right" and "Moves into channels". I've also taught him to knock the ball past his opponent and to take it round the keeper when one-on-one.

So yeah, no hidden gems here but anyone else managed to get him performing like this, or have any stories about him?

Cheers.

He can't cross, pass or shoot, is not a good team player and rarely takes the best decision, yet you're getting this kind of performances from him? You must really be very good tactician and I'll be very interested to see your approach(not only with Sanchez but with the whole team).

Great opening post.

Yeah his stats don't look like he would perform that great but he is just unbelievable. If he could finish he would score about 70 a season, he misses a LOT of one-on-ones (although taking it round the keeper seems to have helped a bit).

I can't really claim the tactical genius unfortunately, I am using this tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/250056-waca-equilibrium.-calcio-champagne.

I've tweaked it slightly by putting the AMC next to the AML rather than AMR, and put the striker right of centre rather than left (hope that makes sense). I've also set him to swap with the striker (Luis Suarez, who is Accomplished on the wing and gets tons of assists as he is a decent crosser).

Cheers.

He can't cross, pass or shoot, is not a good team player and rarely takes the best decision, yet you're getting this kind of performances from him? You must really be very good tactician and I'll be very interested to see your approach(not only with Sanchez but with the whole team).

Great opening post.

You've clearly never used him, he's worldclass and easy to get the best out of. He works extremely hard, both on and off the field, will always put in 100%, can beat his man with ease 9/10, either through sheer pace or trickery, which makes him nearly impossible to keep quiet. Although he may not be technically the best player, he's certainly not bad, and high mental attributes like anticipation, flair and creativity mean he's an absolute livewire and will consistantly create something out of nothing.

One of my favourite players from FM10, haven't used him on 11 though, but he hasn't changed much by the looks.

I'm managing Udinese but he struggled for me in my first season. I was playing him for 6 motnhs though as an AMC (inside forward) in a diamond formation. I changed to a 451 and he improved playing AMR. Start of the 2nd season he's now paying AML and has 4 goals in 3 games.

Like the OP said, his finishing can be bad, I might also look into teaching him to round the keeper.

Great opening post.

another person mistakenly believing that attributes mean it all. Easily one of the best players in the game and very good at crossing, passing and shooting.

Alexis Sanchez is an FM god. Fact.

• 4 weeks later...
How do I get the best out of this lad then? I play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with inside forwards, but what are the best tweaks I can make to his player instructions?

Honestly it doesn't matter. I've played him as a AMR winger/attack/hug touchline and he's scored 25+ with 20 assists in multiple seasons. Played him AMR/AML inside fwd/att or support no tweaks and he's done the same. I should imagine that att mid, adv playmaker and def winger would be less effective but you never know!

My lord....he was out of favour with me for so long because I had to revert to a more narrow formation in order to get results and he seemed pretty wasteful. I left him out for a bit and he started playing well when he got back in but whenever a big team showed interest, he wanted astronomical wages from me or he would put in a transfer request. Having signed him for 6 mil, I sold him for 14 mil. I wish I still had him, he terrified fullbacks and won games on his own at times.

• 3 months later...

Is his best role on the LW as an inside forward or as a winger on the RW? And should he be my primary target man? I ask this as I'm not sure whether he's changed since the previous patch!

Can't seem to get the £45million I payed for him out on the pitch yet as you can see!

alexissnchezprofileattr.png

Signed him for a fee of around 12m as he was in his last year of his contract with only 10 months to run, didnt want to take the chance of signing for a free in january to i optd to sign him before he ran his contract down.

Hasnt really played to well for me, so only used him with squad rotation, Walcott and Hazard have been quality and keeping him

out the side.

I find he trys to run the ball into the back of the net too much, ive changed his shooting to long, etc etc but he still trys to beat his man 15 times before pulling the trigger into the side netting, i've also changed his crossing to the regular because he does so well to get to the box, but fails when it comes to shooting

Signed him for a fee of around 12m as he was in his last year of his contract with only 10 months to run, didnt want to take the chance of signing for a free in january to i optd to sign him before he ran his contract down.

Hasnt really played to well for me, so only used him with squad rotation, Walcott and Hazard have been quality and keeping him

out the side.

I find he trys to run the ball into the back of the net too much, ive changed his shooting to long, etc etc but he still trys to beat his man 15 times before pulling the trigger into the side netting, i've also changed his crossing to the regular because he does so well to get to the box, but fails when it comes to shooting

I would play him as inside forward - attack. I was managing Udinese and he was banging goals in from AMR.

I would play him as inside forward - attack. I was managing Udinese and he was banging goals in from AMR.

I am, Both on the left or the right, he plays as an inside forward but still does the same..I've also tried him in behind RVP and up front with him.

I think the main problem is im not giving him enough game time to be honest.

Inside Forward-Support on the left does it for me. Just got 22 goals and 18 assists in 44 matches this season. This will make him receive the ball a bit deeper and run at players. It got him 5 runs/game and 111 fouls against too, so he'll cause a lot of penalties and freekicks in dangerous areas, way more than any of my other attacking players.

With Walcott getting injured i moved Hazard out to the right and gave Sanchez a shot on the left, i changed his tactics to cut inside etc and hes not on fire, scored a few and set up loads, loves his step overs too (looks likes step overs on match)

Im having to leave walcott out my side because hes been that good, and hazard scored loads and set up 25 goals so cant drop him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived