4-1-2-1-2 strikers

I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2

GK

DR DC DC DL

MC MC

AMC

ST ST

I have my Right striker set to Deep laying forward support.

Left striker is Advanced forward attack, AMC is support and 2 mc's attack.

When I play Man city who are also playing the same formation, their 2 strikers stay more or less centrally when attacking which is what I want to do, but what happens for me is the Advanced forward drifts all over the place, sometimes over to the right wing area.

So how do I get both strikers to play more central up front? Different roles? I have width set to about 2 clicks to the left of middle, tried even narrower but same kind of thing happens. Have passing through middle.

So how do I get both strikers to play more central up front? Different roles?

You could try playing one of your forwards as a Poacher, or an Advanced Foward with roaming turned off (if it isn't already). A more creative option would be to make one of your fullbacks into a wingback, to provide a wide player on the side of your drifting forward. If the wingback is occupying the flank up top, the forward might be less likely to drift out there?

I'll give it a go at the start of next season, currently 24 games into this one. Got a feeling I tried poacher 3 seasons back, but I was playing a lot wider then. It just strikes me how well the man city strikers stay nice and central up front, thought they might have ppm like run through center, they don't though.

i am currently playing as newcastle (in 2033) and am running a 4 - 1 - 2 - 1. i have both my full backs set as attacking wing backs to offer the width, which usually means the strikers dont need to move out wide so often. also have my AMC set as tranqualvista (totoally the wrong spelling) so he doesn't constatly opperate through the middle, which would push the stikers wider.

Archived