FM 2008: Blackburn Rovers

moggydave

Im blackburn also, i managed to get luis jimenez for 2.5mill from inter - excellent signing

also try mathieu (lyon i think) as a back up left back, left wing, centre mid - awesone attaicing stats - about 3mill

im in 2015 now and still got em going strong

Just started my 3rd season here are my transfers

Players in:

Matias Fernandez £10.5M

Edson £10.25M

Ikechukwu Uche Free

Benoit Costil £1.6M

Thiago £2.4M

Total £25M

Players out:

Zurab Khizanishvilli £2.1M (Bolton)

After 8 games in sitting 6 with 14 points. Won 3 Drawn 5 Lost 0 i made it into The Champions League as i finshed 4 last season ( dont think im gonna get past the group stage though)

Finshed the 3rd season at 5th position so i gained qualification to the Euro Cup. I also managed to sell Steven Reid to Aston Villa for £2M during the transfer window i then brought in Vidal for £8M.

Started the 4th season by selling:

Ignacio Gonzalez for £2.7M to Man City ( Not bad considering i didnt pay nothing for him to start with)

I signed these players:

Fernando Forestieri - Free

Gael Etock - Free

Justin Hoyte - £3M

Guilherme - Free ( was unhappy and i kept at him till he rejected a contract)

Nedum Onuoha - £15M ( payed to much for him but wanted a english youngster)

Thierry Henry - Season Loan ( his getting old now at 33)

First game of the season i had Everton we drew 1 -1 ( I didnt have Guilherme Henry or Onuoha at this point)

2nd game of the season Bolton 3 -1 with Uche M Fernandez and Vidal scoring ( Only had Henry at this point)

3rd game Arsenal won 3-1 Horrid game Henry was not fit to play Uche grabed the only goal for us

4th game Fullham we won 2-1 with Vidal and Henry scoring ( Onuoha had joined the day before)

Anyway Henry has managed 9 goals in 13 games and Cruz has 10 goals in 1 start and 12 subs Gignac is on 9 goals after 16 games and Uche 2 goals in 3 starts.

Matias Fernandez had been playing well getting 6 goals and 9 assists in 18 games

gonna start a new game ,hopefully a long career with blackburn...

always admired the way hughes manages his teams and squad so im giving it a go.

any suggestions on the team or tactics/ transfers would be appreciated ..

8.0.2 btw... thankyou

Personally I wouldn't bother with loans but go transfer crazy instead...in my first season £13m spent and £18.75 million in includes sales of Bentley for £6m, Savage, Zurab, Warnock, Rigters, McCarthy all £2m-3m

Got Stancu, Zarate, Piatti, Torje, Wijnaldum, Fraga, Radoi, Goian and Radu in for peanuts. Set the bar realistically low in my first seaon (only top 10) and by end of 3rd season am now top of the league. Patience is a virtue my friends!

Dude ive seen Bentley go for over £16mil, you should have held out for more.

Newcomer to the Blackburn game, little money to spend but hoping to bring in Mihelic, Piatti and Buonanotte for cheap. Hopefully bringing in Fabianski and Leto on loan from Arsenal and Liverpool respectively.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Alreet lads, I'm a Sunderland fan, but I decided to start a new game with Rovers (8.0.1) and have found it good so far, made some shrewd signings in the transfer market and currently I am on course for a UEFA Cup place.

With me having version 8.0.1 Robbie Savage (don't know how) is one of my best players and is currently unhappy that I will not let him move to Man City.

Has anyone had the same problem with him also signed Piatti and he has been excellent so far, still only 18 but my top scorer and most consistent performer.

I'm starting to really get going in this Blackburn game, the league is really tight though, I'm 6th and 4 points off top. My results so far are as follows:

PRM: Man City 3-3

PRM: Fulham 2-1

PRM: Liverpool 1-2

PRM: Newcastle 1-0

PRM: Reading 1-2

PRM: Middlesbrough 0-0

PRM: Arsenal 2-2

LC3: Fulham 2-1

PRM: Boltin 4-3

PRM: Birmingham 1-0

PRM: Chesea 2-0

LC4: Newcastle 1-2

PRM: Everton 4-0

There doesn't really seem to be much activity on this clubs thread, anyway, I'm nearing the end of my first season with Blackburn and I am currenty 9th which is slightly higher than what was asked of me by the board. And I have just had great results against both Bolton and Chelsea (a 3-0 win and 2-0 win respectively) but I really need to improve on some areas of the squad.

It doesn't look like Ooijer is going to sign a new contract so I brought in Hoyte from Arsenal for £2.9 million and he has proved to be an astute buy, as has Piatti.

I need a new LB that would come to Blackburn though, I realise that asking on this thread may not get me a response but anyway, any recommendations would be really welcome. icon14.gif

The combination of Santa Cruz and Rigters has been brilliant for me. Their both over 20 goals for the season, with about 5 games left. Kinda makes my purchase of Baky Kone less effective.

Thought I would give Rovers a go since it's my hometown and I have to say I've done quite well up until January 2008 given the expectations of the board. Here are my transfer dealings before the beginning of the season:

Players Out

Tony Kane - Sheff Utd £250k + 20% sell-on clause

Martin Olsson - Swansea £250k + 30% sell-on clause

Rostyn Griffiths - Barnsley £70k

Andy Taylor - Livingston Loan

Sergio Peter - Bochum Loan

Raffaele De Vita - Brentford Loan

Players In

Marek Sapara - Rosenborg £1.3m + 20% sell-on clause

Joe Mattock - Leicester £850k + 35% sell-on clause

Gabriel Torje - Poli 1921 £250k + 20% sell-on clause

Mika Aaritalo - Turun Palloseura £200k + 20% sell-on clause

Rene Mihelic - Maribor £80k + 35% sell-on clause

Justin Hoyte - Arsenal Loan

Jonathan Evans - Man Utd Loan

Formation/Tactics

Flat 4-4-2

One Neutral Central Midfielder

One Attacking Central Midfielder

Strongest Starting XI

GK - Friedel

DR - Emerton/Hoyte - due to long term Emerton injury

DL - Warnock

DC - Samba

DC - Nelsen

MR - Bentley

ML - Pedersen

MC (Neutral) - Savage

MC (Attacking) - Reid/Sapara

TS - Santa Cruz

ST - McCarthy/Aaritalo

Substitutes

S1 - Brown

S2 - Ooijer

S3 - Reid/Sapara

S4 - Mihelic

S5 - Aaritalo

S6 - Mokoena

S7 - Mattock

Key Player Stats (sub apps included)

Reid - 29 apps, 7 goals, 2 assists, 7.21 average rating

Santa Cruz - 30 apps, 16 goals, 4 assists, 7.13 average rating

Pedersen - 30 apps, 4 goals, 14 assists, 7.10 average rating

Friedel - 30 apps, 31 goals conceded, 13 clean sheets, 7.07 average rating

Sapara - 22 apps, 5 goals, 5 assists, 7.05 average rating

Bentley - 31 apps, 6 goals, 7 assists, 7.03 average rating

Savage - 23 apps, 2 goals, 2 assists, 7.00 average rating

Competition Summary

EURO Vase - Defeated Rubin 5-1 on aggregate

UEFA Cup - Defeated MyPa 6-0 on aggregate in 1st Qualifying Round before defeating Debrecen 7-0 to qualify for the group stages. Went through in 2nd place from a group of Panathinaikos, Leverkusen, FC Kobenhavn and Kayserispor. I will now face Stuttgart in the 1st knockout round, with either Braga or Palermo in the round of 16 should I get through.

Premiership - In 6th place in the league table with 32 points from 18 games, mainly due to my unbeaten home record including wins against Arsenal, Man City, Bolton and Everton. My away form has let me down a bit, losing to Man Utd, Derby, Portsmouth and Tottenham. Did earn a very creditable draw at Chelsea which could have been a win if it was'nt for Terry's 88th minute goal. The top four unsurprisingly are Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal in that order with Tottenham just ahead of me.

League Cup - Defeated Bolton, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all at home and now face Liverpool in the semis (1st leg at Ewood)

What do you think of my start so far boys? And also, can anyone tell me how they approach away games? Are you guys more cautious away from home? Thanks in advance.

I've just come to the end of the 1st season of my Rovers career and I've achieved far better progress than the board expected of me. Here are my transfer dealings in the January transfer window:

Players Out

Maceo Rigters - Wigan £2.5m

Jason Roberts - Wigan £750k

Keith Tracey - Sheff Wed £250k + 20% sell-on clause

Mark King - Dorchester £50k

Andy Taylor - Livingston Loan

Josh O-Keefe - Brentford Loan

Players In

Vincent Enyeama - H. Tel-Aviv £1.7m

Jozy Altidore - New York £275k + 20% sell-on clause (loaned out to Cercle Brugge)

Formation/Tactics

Flat 4-4-2

One Neutral Central Midfielder

One Attacking Central Midfielder

Strongest Starting XI

GK - Friedel

DR - Emerton

DL - Warnock

DC - Samba

DC - Nelsen

MR - Bentley

ML - Pedersen

MC (Neutral) - Reid

MC (Attacking) - Sapara

TS - Santa Cruz

ST - McCarthy

Substitutes

S1 - Enyeama

S2 - Ooijer

S3 - Savage

S4 - Mihelic

S5 - Aaritalo

S6 - Mokoena

S7 - Mattock

Other Squad Members - Enckleman, Khizanishvili, Hoyte, Evans, Torje and Derbyshire.

Key Player Stats (sub apps included)

Santa Cruz - 62 apps, 32 goals, 12 assists, 7.16 average rating

Friedel - 65 apps, 76 goals conc, 19 clean sheets, 7.14 average rating

Reid - 57 apps, 11 goals, 6 assists, 7.12 average rating

McCarthy - 54 apps, 25 goals, 12 assists, 7.04 average rating

Pedersen - 61 apps, 10 goals, 24 assists, 7.03 average rating

Competition Summary

UEFA Cup - my players went on a remarkable run in Europe, destroying Stuttgart before knocking out Braga in the round of 16. The run was ended in the quarter-finals as Hamburg showed their nerve on penalties.

Premiership - my team made their 11th media prediction look totally laughable as they finished in 6th place behind Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal Chelsea and still the champions Man Utd. Lost only one match at home all season and it came in the last game against Sunderland.

FA Cup - my players needed replays to knock out Championship sides West Brom, Scunthorpe and Crystal Palace before Man Utd absolutely tonked me at Old Trafford in the quarter-finals.

League Cup - my team could'nt trouble Liverpool enough in the semi-finals and got defeated 4-2 in both legs.

Overall, the board were delighted with my achievements in the 1st season and the supporters were too.

Looking at the starting XI, substitutes and other squad members, which areas of the squad need drastically improving for the 2nd season. Don't know what my budget is yet but suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm just about to start the 2nd season with Blackburn on original patch and here is my squad:

Goalkeepers: Friedel, Enyeama

Defenders: Emerton, Vanden Borre, Guilherme, Mattock, Perea, Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer

Midfielders: Bentley, Torje, Pedersen, Duff, Reid, Sapara, Jimenez, Savage, Thiago Motta

Strikers: Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Aaritalo, Bendtner (loan), Derbyshire

Basically, I'm undecided on my first choice XI and formation to go with. Can anybody suggest to me who they would have their starting line-up from this group of players and the formation that would bring most success?

I came 6th in the league in the 1st season and I want to challenge for a Champions League place this season with this squad. And is there anything else I should be adding to this current squad? I have £3.5m to spend with a fortnight to go until August finishes. Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I have been playing as Blackburn and really enjoyed the challenge.

I would say Motta is not reallyup to the standards and you could possibly get Mikel from Chelsea on loan in on the 8.0.0 patch.

Your GK's are solid

FB's - look to sell emerton you can get 6 - 8 mill for him and try to get in someone like Justin Hoyte or Paulo Ferrira as a cheaper replacement.

Sell Bentley for 15 - 17 mill and get in SWP for 5 - 7 million

Try selling McCartney as he is get on a bit and replace him with Rafael Sobias. Might be costly mind at 15 million.

Hey guys, I'm just about to start the 2nd season with Blackburn on original patch and here is my squad:

Goalkeepers: Friedel, Enyeama

Defenders: Emerton, Vanden Borre, Guilherme, Mattock, Perea, Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer

Midfielders: Bentley, Torje, Pedersen, Duff, Reid, Sapara, Jimenez, Savage, Thiago Motta

Strikers: Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Aaritalo, Bendtner (loan), Derbyshire

Basically, I'm undecided on my first choice XI and formation to go with. Can anybody suggest to me who they would have their starting line-up from this group of players and the formation that would bring most success?

I came 6th in the league in the 1st season and I want to challenge for a Champions League place this season with this squad. And is there anything else I should be adding to this current squad? I have £3.5m to spend with a fortnight to go until August finishes. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Am going to start with Blackburn, how much cash do you get at the beginning and if you ask the board for more, do they cough up ? (8.02)

I'm thinking I might overhaul the squad Juande Ramos style and bulk up the squad with the cheaper younger talents until I can afford better English signings. Having a quick look at the team i didn't realise how many different nationalities there were at Blackburn.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping I could have your thoughts on the best way for me too improve my blackburn squad.

Im in the third season, i thought I quite successful, qualified for the CL in the first season and in the second, but this season really has taken off. Two days away from the mid season transfer window, and im in second place, just behind Arsenal..

blackburnleagueyg5.th.jpg

I have about 22 million to spend.. using 8.0.2

here is the squad:-

blackburnsquadth2.th.jpg

This is the formation I am using:- (I got it off this website, but I can't remember what it is called.. I do apologise

blackburntacticsvi5.th.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

You need a back up AML and a first choice DM.

DM: Sunny, Hedwiges Maduro, Javi Garcia, Stelvio

AML: Abdou Razack Traore, Jaime Gavilan, Juan Manuel Mata, Diego Capel, Dmitri Payet

Or you could move Pedersen to back up and get a first AML, in which case look at Jeremy Menez, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sergio Mota, Ashley Young, Matias Fernandez, Charles N'Zogbia.

cheers DiscoStu,

How good does Stelvio get?? he is the cheapest option I went for Garcia, but he didn't wanna join...

I have a offered a contract to Mota after having a 7.5 mil bid accepted! not sure he will come though, only got one U21 cap!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You could always sell Capel who is easely your best player imo.

Have a look at Sakho, Abenzoar, Saunier, Bocaly, Bellaid, Acapandie, Le Tallec, Mathieu, Mater all french and all good. Also Anichebe, Biglia are some others. But tbh i don't know if they will come.

Try to loan from the premiership teams, thats your best bet. Save your money.

this is my team http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6158/84077858yf3.jpg

i need to really improve it, i was at arsenal and all the players on my shortlist aren't in my price range so can somone please advise me on some good young players that i can bring in, im on the new patch 8.0.2 and my budget is 10mil

alot of what purefun said are good bets. Maybe try arturo vidal aswell but not sure how much he would cost you. Try getting armand traore on loan from arsenal aswell which could be a good bet. IF you are on their favoured personel it might help??

Edu Dracena is wonderful!

my team now coming into 4th season

Kameni

Boka

Behrami

Dracena

Nordveit

Reid

Pedretti

Guardado

Gyan

Baptista

Vaughan

Jourdren

Gunter

Barnes

Wilshere

Defoe

Altidore

Torje

good team but had an awful 2nd season, should of won UEFA cup this season but :(

Archived