[ Paraguay ] Primera División & División Intermedia

hewey

Here's the Paraguayan league I created with the advanced editor. It has 2 playable divisions: Primera División & División Intermedia.

I've tested it until 2015 and it worked fine. The season is split in two stages, apertura and clausura. As the game won't record 2 champions in a season (or if it does, I don't know how to do it), the team in the first position of the calendar year table is the champion. There also is another issue: for some reason the Paraguayan footballer of the year award doesn't work, but I've left it there with its history updated. Otherwise it's fully playable and reflects the real league setup as much as is possible to do with the editor (and as much as I could find info about the rules, etc.).

Some screenshots: th_ParaguayPrimera1.jpg th_ParaguayPrimera2.jpg th_ParaguaySegunda2.jpg th_ParaguaySegunda.jpg

Here's the link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20263262/Paraguay_v4_07_dbc

Thanks guys, any feedback is welcome so I can try and fix the possible bugs.

I've been doing some research for the Bolivian league. It's quite complicated and the league format is about to change this year. But based on what I've read about it I've done some experiments with the advanced editor and I've almost managed to do it. There are some things still to be solved but I might give it a try soon.

The most difficult part of the Bolivian football structure seem to be the two league cups, Copa Aerosur & Aerosur del Sur. Their structure in itself is simple but I'm yet to discover how to get the right teams to participate in both of them. Copa Aerosur is the more valued cup in which the "better" teams of Bolivian highest division compete (so far they have always been the same teams but last season one of those teams were relegated and it's not known yet whether that team can participate in the cup). Copa Aerosur del Sur then is the lesser cup with the "lesser" teams of Bolivian highest division, though that division between teams and cups is not so simple, and there are some regional issues to deal with, too.

I don't know if you guys have experienced the problem of clashing UIDs with these created league DBs but I have some serious issues with them. I have managed to edit the editor's xml so that I can manually edit the UIDs and that way possibly avoid those clashes. That, however, might cause other issues with the game so I'm not too sure if that's the right way to deal with the problem...

• 2 weeks later...

After discovering some unstability with the way I manually edited UIDs of the new competitions, I decided to use existing but extinct competitions instead. This way these leagues are compatible with other databases as long as somebody hasn't activated the exact same league I've activated. I've uploaded new version of the Paraguayan leagues with American SuperClassico (UID 72005984) now used as Paraguayan Third division parent competition. The link is in the first post.

After discovering some unstability with the way I manually edited UIDs of the new competitions, I decided to use existing but extinct competitions instead. This way these leagues are compatible with other databases as long as somebody hasn't activated the exact same league I've activated. I've uploaded new version of the Paraguayan leagues with American SuperClassico (UID 72005984) now used as Paraguayan Third division parent competition. The link is in the first post.

Did this work ok for you? I tried this with an Ireland expansion I was working on which was causing conflicts with my USA file. I only reused extinct competitions, all of them were even Irish, but it still meant I couldn't load both files. I definitely didn't create any new records in the Ireland file, and USA was unselectable.

Yes it worked for me. I chose competitions that don't have any history set or any teams set. I then tested it with my Paraguay and Bolivia databases loaded and there were no problems at all. But to be honest, I've grown very frustrated with this year's editor. Sometimes there seem to be more bugs than working things and sometimes these bugs almost seem to happen randomly. And it seems that what is working fine for me doesn't mean it works for you :confused:

Yes it worked for me. I chose competitions that don't have any history set or any teams set. I then tested it with my Paraguay and Bolivia databases loaded and there were no problems at all. But to be honest, I've grown very frustrated with this year's editor. Sometimes there seem to be more bugs than working things and sometimes these bugs almost seem to happen randomly. And it seems that what is working fine for me doesn't mean it works for you :confused:

I have a hunch that SI have succeeded in creating an articfically intelligent editor that knows when you have almost got the setup you want and then it decides to cruelly mess it up for you ;-)

I have a hunch that SI have succeeded in creating an articfically intelligent editor that knows when you have almost got the setup you want and then it decides to cruelly mess it up for you ;-)

Probably so :D

Have you, by the way, tried any other extinct league if it causes similar conflicts? I mean some league that is originally placed totally on different continent. Not that it should matter, but given the "randomness" of the editor it might even work. I chose leagues from New Zealand and North America, and now I'm editing Venezuelan leagues and decided to reuse Indonesian and Georgian extinct competitions as new Venezuelan comps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
New version available with some adjustments.

Download link in the first post.

First of all, hewey, thanks for your work! Second, would you mind telling us what the adjustments were?

Keep it up!

Thanks. I adjusted attendances of the teams, changed match days and TV dates to reflect real fixtures a little bit better, changed some stadium names and capacities that were incorrect. Not very big adjustments but still quite important for me at least :)

Thanks. I adjusted attendances of the teams, changed match days and TV dates to reflect real fixtures a little bit better, changed some stadium names and capacities that were incorrect. Not very big adjustments but still quite important for me at least :)

Thanks, hewey! In my opinion, many times, what we think are minor adjustments end up being quite decisive for playability...don't they sometimes? :-) My sincere congratulations for your effort and time!

Archived