11.3 4-4-2 Is Born

Now, for those who remembered the 10.3 442 that was released, its back!

In this particular case, its once again a flat 442. I looked at Mr Houghs 4123, and got an idea or two from there, and Im sure he doesnt mind.

I also studied Knaps 442 from 10.3 and completely revamped it to be suited to the 11.3 patch, hence my new thread. Its still in the developing phase, but I am amazed at my results. I am currently testing in the BSP with Crawley Town, and since changing to the new 442, I am unbeaten in 18 games. I am now going to focus my attention to testing in the EPL, and perhaps the Spanish league, just to really give this tactic a good run out.

Its philosophy is quite basic. Attack. However, I use an extremely narrow team setting, and get my players to press when they need to. I really think Im onto something here, and really would like to share with the rest of the community. I have always been a fan of the 442, and is obviously my favourite formation.

Its a plug and play yes, but, when you do play extremely good opposition, eg. Crawley v Man Utd, I would decrease runs. And perhaps mentality.

I am happy with the progress its making, and will perhaps release when Knap tests it himself, to maximise its potential before we 'unleash' it. Dont mean to sound like a smart ass, simply being honest. :)

My paint isnt working hence cant provide a screen of the tactic. Its simply a flat 442, with certain arrows on players.

Knap I can inbox you the tactic mate. I am 100% you will be impressed. Sure its much better then the 10.3 442's that were released :p

Like I said, I dont want to seem cocky nor like I am playing you guys by not releasing. Just raising awareness of where the tactic is currently at, and it will be released when its ready.

Cannot wait myself to hear from you all

asdasdadsasda.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unledna.png

More screens to come

EDIT: 10/05/11 Screens and Tactic to be released today or tomorrow.

You will concede if you dont have a good defence. Like I said, Its a plug and play, all you need is quality players and you'll win most things no doubt.

Keys for success here are:

1) Hire quality assman and let him do teamtalks, press confs, and also let him handle match prep. This is key

2) Buy quality players

3) Success is ineviteble.

4) Must give it at least 15 or so games to adjust. Even takes a whole season depending on how many transfers you make. I tested also with Crewe, and had 9 new players in the XI and was 19th after 14 games but finished 1st. Team needs to gel

Be patient, buy the right players, praise your players (but be careful) and give them slack when they dont perform

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jm1c7w9hm9qmke

Sounds great! Looking forward to trying it out when it's released.

I'm currently using Knap's 11.3 442 as well, the one with the attacking wingers, and its not bad so far.

Did cuase me to lose 0-6 to Everton once though haha!

I'm Arsenal btw.

Sounds great! Looking forward to trying it out when it's released.

I'm currently using Knap's 11.3 442 as well, the one with the attacking wingers, and its not bad so far.

Did cuase me to lose 0-6 to Everton once though haha!

I'm Arsenal btw.

Well this one is very different to Knaps 4222. I dont like to have the wingers up that high, as I want them to also play a defensive role and man mark the opposing wingers in their area.

I will speak to knap, and he will test my 442, and we will go from there. I hate losing lol, so I want to have the defence as tight as I can possibly get it.

wu tu wu zhen xiang

no pictures no truth

it's my virginal post!

No worries mate. Ive been on this forum for over 2 years, (previously Crewe_Alex) so im sure people know this isnt rubbish)

Guys I will post screens later, as I received my laptop back from my mate. Still testing, and also waiting for knap to have his two pennies worth. Be patient. A 442 is harder to get right :)

Lame. Very lame.

And that 442 was knaps. So your calling his tactics rubbish?. Make your own then.

I made some tactics on 09, pretty poor, never caught on....Just thought I'd let the community know how good your prevoius tactics were, helping the community :p

I made some tactics on 09, pretty poor, never caught on....Just thought I'd let the community know how good your prevoius tactics were, helping the community :p

They werent mine mate. At least I had the balls to post some on the forums. Cant see Cocky opening a new thread can we.

says the guy who deleted me on facebook because he couldnt take a joke !

Dude I de activated it for two days and when I came back, you werent on?!! Why would I delete you. Anyway back to tactical talk :p.

They werent mine mate. At least I had the balls to post some on the forums. Cant see Cocky opening a new thread can we.

What deos this mean?

And if you think it takes 'balls' to post on an internet forum, then I pity you.

Guys what Ive realised is that plug and play tactics no longer exist on FM. Sad but true unfortunately.

I have come up with a flat 442 made with the TC. I feel I can tweak how I want my team to play easier this way. (Matt Buck, I know this might be an easy way out bro :p)

People expect to download tactics and for them to give them success straight away. It can happen yes, but not always. Basically, the tactic that you downloaded might not be suited for your team. You need to look at your squad before you begin making a tactic. OR, you can buy players that will suit the tactic and philosophy you would like to employ at your club.

I played with Norwich for 30 games and sat on top, only losing once. Am now testing with Crewe, and am 1st after 24 games.

This tactic is for teams who have a half decent playmaker (CM). I would recommend pacy wingers also with good crossing.

Now....I usually start with the control strategy, but tweak during the games, and/or before the game, eg if im playing a weak team and I see their formation is a defensive one, Id play attacking.

Another important note are the shouts I employ...I used to download a tactic and leave it do the work, and then Id complain why it wasnt working. IRL, if your Newcastle and the tactic you downloaded was an attacking one, you cant expect to go to Old Trafford and win easily..Hence why plug and play is over imo

If I see the game is a boring one, and teams are playing cautious football, I will probably still leave it on control, however I use the shouts 'Play wider' and 'look for overlap'. Therefore I am not sacrificing my defence in a way...

Other shouts I use are common sense really..If im winning 1-0 in the 40th min, I switch to counter, so I can see out the half leading...Thats my style anyway

Change strategy based on what you think, and let the player roles, and players do their work..IMO, this is the fun way to enjoy the game AND have success..I hardly lose anymore..Just by using common sense..

I will upload the tactic..But if someone can be kind enough to post a screenshot of the formation when they download it, that would be greatly appreciated...as my computer is shocking and paint doesnt work..Hope Ive helped in someway.

Im sure by using common sense, and the right shouts..you will be on your way to success..

I dont recommend to change the player roles..If you do, perhaps you can make your own tactic, as I havent tested this 442 in other specific roles :)

Thanks and good luck :)

Feedback would be appreciated, and can we please keep it on topic.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20145897/442+11.3++%28Crewe%2C+Oct+2010%29.tac

PS. People are saying that defenders arent marking and tackling etc on the 11.3 What I found is that by using OI on the strikers, eg tight marking, hard tacking, they are actually doing their job. They now actually tackle and dont run aside their man.

Edit: After tweaking around...When playing at home against weaker team, team at same level, or even a stronger team...and I want a goal..or to attack and play 'sexy' football I:

Strategy: Attacking

Shouts: Play wider, Get ball forward, and look for overlap..

My team plays extremely attractive football, and I dominate games..

More to come...BTW, 1st after 35 games with Crewe, and only 1 loss!

this is what everyone should be doing as im doing just this aswell but with my own 4-4-2 ...ill give you a link tonight ant if your keen..and how to go about shouts with my tactic as im 24 games unbeaten with norwich

this is what everyone should be doing as im doing just this aswell but with my own 4-4-2 ...ill give you a link tonight ant if your keen..and how to go about shouts with my tactic as im 24 games unbeaten with norwich

No worries bro ill test for you.

Norwich has a balanced team hence why I chose them. I lost my first game with Crewe 2-0 after 26 I think as the team talk was "expect a win". I stuffed it up. You need to be patient with building your squad, and make sure you choose the right roles.

Its not a super tactic that will win you the EPL with Blackpool, but with the right strategy changes, and shouts at the time their needed, you are guaranteed success. :)

Hey preveza do u support crewe an i have a season ticket for them. Im gonna give this a go as so far ive not been very succesful with them and do you recall zola from loan and play him or leave him at burton and how many players have you signed. On 11.2 i got crewe to the premiership using franky blitz tactic but it jus doesnt work anymore and what do you do when your the underdog go on the counter?

Hey preveza do u support crewe an i have a season ticket for them. Im gonna give this a go as so far ive not been very succesful with them and do you recall zola from loan and play him or leave him at burton and how many players have you signed. On 11.2 i got crewe to the premiership using franky blitz tactic but it jus doesnt work anymore and what do you do when your the underdog go on the counter?

Mate this flat 442 won be promotion to League One. I am now using Houghs 4123 he gave me to test and its doing great.

You need to firstly get a good ASSMAN to do team talks. I recommend Richard Hill. I leave on Control, but always change during matches based on what I see. I use shouts when my team isnt doing great. Example Get ball forward, play wider, and look for overlap. But every game is different so you decide. Dont expect to use this tactic the way it is and win promotion.

You need a creative centre mid. I used Bob Malcolm there, signed on a free, and used Ash Westwood as the other CM, along with my other signing , Mahoto.

Make sure you buy Gavin Peers , bid 55k and they will accept and offer him 1k wages. Also get Will Keane as a striker on loan for the season, and play him in the poacher role. He bagged 24 in 39 games for me.

Yep I support Crewe :)

• 1 month later...

unledna.png

Testing the latest 442, and all I can say is that it is unbelievable. Plug and play is back

Simply plug it in, buy the right players, and you are nearly there.

Huge call out goes to Knap who made this happen. I just made a few tweaks.

Will release later today

I made this thead to promote knaps tactics when I feel I get them working for me. This 442 is by far the best tactics I have used. It relies on a single philosophy, and has the mentality 'let the opposition worry about us'.

You will concede if you dont have a good defence. Like I said, Its a plug and play, all you need is quality players and you'll win most things no doubt.

Keys for success here are:

1) Hire quality assman and let him do teamtalks, press confs, and also let him handle match prep. This is key

2) Buy quality players

3) Success is ineviteble.

4) Must give it at least 15 or so games to adjust. Even takes a whole season depending on how many transfers you make. I tested also with Crewe, and had 9 new players in the XI and was 19th after 14 games but finished 1st. Team needs to gel

Be patient, buy the right players, praise your players (but be careful) and give them slack when they dont perform.

I am in the EPL with Crystal Palace, and in my first game beat Bolton 3-0 at Home.

Testing the latest 442, and all I can say is that it is unbelievable. Plug and play is back

Simply plug it in, buy the right players, and you are nearly there.

Huge call out goes to Knap who made this happen. I just made a few tweaks.

Will release later today

I don't think there is any difference at all between the tactic you have posted and Knap's original!

Steve

I don't think there is any difference at all between the tactic you have posted and Knap's original!

Steve

The tweaked one I am still testing. I only re release knaps best 442's if that makes sense. I released his best version for the 10.3 and now, after having great success with his latest one, I simply need to re post it under this thread.

Best tactic by far. Get the right players, and youll win everything, guaranteed. Needs patience however. Your team needs to form a bond, and to gel.

I follow knaps guide. Sorry mate for not giving info

I just buy players who i feel will excel in that position

For example, for the STR, who makes more runs and has more CCC's id have a strker with good pace and finishing. Common sense really

The right MC is the more defensive minded, and needs good work rate, stamina , but creativity and passing is also crucial as they will also be assisting with through balls etc.

The other MC, the left one, is more attacking minded and needs good vision, stamina, passing creativity etc.

I will put up a list later today :)

Any sign of the player attribute list ?

Had a brilliant first season with this, won the Championship with 100 points and got to the semi-final of both cups. Beaten by Spurs 4-3 on aggregate in the LC and 1-0 at Wembley in the FA.

Am about to start first season in the Prem, really need to know who I should be looking at buying to make this tactic keep me in the Prem...Cheers

Macca I believe knap has a template which he uses to buy the players he needs.

Personally, I use FMScout and buy players based on scout rating.

I look for a creative mid, and a more defensive orientated mid, which IMO, works better with the flat 442.

In this particular tactic, you would need fullbacks who can defend but also whip in a decent cross as they do bomb forward at times.

The STR should be the quicker of the two, as he is more likely to end up making that run into space, hence why he needs good finishing. The STL would ideally have good passing, creativity and stamina as they will be more involved with setting up the other striker.

Just tested your tactic with Celtic against Hearts and just won 5-0. I am uploaidng the highlights for anyone to watch. Nice tactic. My teams movement was brilliant also. I will keep you updated on how i get on with more games.

Archived