Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So out of the 4 tactics, which is the one i should download?? Starting a new game with Liverpool as I had never succeed 1st in the league when managing Liverpool. :)

Standard, Attacking, Possesion or Home and Away?

Gee_Simpson & Cragswfc: http://www.mediafire.com/?160805y6mb1t9in -- I've listed the key attributes. They're automatically set to a minimum value of 15, but you can lower these if you can't get the players being listed.

Kumzai: The Home and Away tactics are the updated tactics. The Away tactic is basically the Standard tactic with the new adjustments, whereas the Home tactic has a more attacking mentality.

Cragswfc:

Time Wasting -

0 clicks: Desperate for a goal; drawing or losing at the end of the match. 75 mins

3 clicks: When I'm looking for a goal before half time when it's 0-0, or we are drawing. (30/35 mins)

6 clicks: My standard setting (15 mins onwards, or 60 mins onwards for 2nd half)

9 clciks: Used for the first 15 mins of each half when I want to control possession yet still offer a goal scoring threat

13/16 clicks: Used towards the end of the game when I'm winning and just want to control the ball to prevent tiredness.

Tempo:

3 clicks: My standard Tempo setting

9 clicks: Break down the opposition if they are camped on the edge of their area (Usually with a 6 Time Wasting)

14 clicks: When the opposition are pressing me heavily

17 clicks: Under intense opposition pressure (very rarely do I use this)

I've only ever used 20 clicks for Tempo and 0 clicks for Time Wasting -- This was when I was 2-0 down, so I decided to just go for it. We won 3-2 :D

Gee_Simpson & Cragswfc: http://www.mediafire.com/?160805y6mb1t9in -- I've listed the key attributes. They're automatically set to a minimum value of 15, but you can lower these if you can't get the players being listed.

Kumzai: The Home and Away tactics are the updated tactics. The Away tactic is basically the Standard tactic with the new adjustments, whereas the Home tactic has a more attacking mentality.

Cragswfc:

Time Wasting -

0 clicks: Desperate for a goal; drawing or losing at the end of the match. 75 mins

3 clicks: When I'm looking for a goal before half time when it's 0-0, or we are drawing. (30/35 mins)

6 clicks: My standard setting (15 mins onwards, or 60 mins onwards for 2nd half)

9 clciks: Used for the first 15 mins of each half when I want to control possession yet still offer a goal scoring threat

13/16 clicks: Used towards the end of the game when I'm winning and just want to control the ball to prevent tiredness.

Tempo:

9 clicks: Break down the opposition if they are camped on the edge of their area (Usually with a 6 Time Wasting)

I've only ever used 20 clicks for Tempo and 0 clicks for Time Wasting -- This was when I was 2-0 down, so I decided to just go for it. We won 3-2 :D

thanks for the help but to the right

edit i get it now o clicks is left 20 clicks is full to right

Cragswfc:

Time Wasting -

Tempo:

Haha, alright thanks. Trying out this tactic immediately. Cheers!!! :)

how do you watch your games?

Extended usually, until we are a few goals up. Sometimes full match for a while if we are playing a top team, like the game against R. Madrid I just played. I'd recommend watching it on full match when experimenting with Time Wasting so that you can see exactly what it does -- It's really helped me. :D

@ Realmadrid: Off topic slightly but I think you are one of the most helpful posters on these forums, in the tactics section anyway.

Any questions we have asked, you have either answered with a reply or edited your OP which is really helpful and detailed.

It's all in the most user friendly way too so really easy to understand for the rest of us who aren't great at creating tactics.

@ Realmadrid: Off topic slightly but I think you are one of the most helpful posters on these forums, in the tactic section anyway.

Any questions we have asked you have either answered with a reply or edited your OP which is really helpful and detailed.

It's all in the most user friendly way too so really easy to understand for the rest of us who aren't great at creating tactics.

Haha...thanks mate.

I'm trying to explain my thinking so that everybody can continue to modify the tactic to suit their needs.

Hopefully the slider mechanics from Post 2 will be helpful to other people who want to attempt to build tactics from scratch. My problem was always converting my ideas into slider values, so I tried to simplify it -- It seems to work. I've read a lot of stuff posted by people like Cleon, SFraser, Milli, etc. so it's time to give a little back if I can. :D

i used home and away as a plug and play nat bad

Barclays_Premier_League_Information_League_Tab.png

wordpress image upload

my 3 of the players in top 7

my gk is my top passer

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Player_Stats.png

Sheffield_Wednesday_Information_Stats.png

free image host

would like to score more goals, but real has help me i think for the next season with tempo+ time wasting and types of players of they may be a mass exodus of players @ Hillsborough

Anyone....

The new added tactic (home and away)

to get it clear:

Playmaker is MRC?

No OI?

Pitch size????

match preparation??

thanks

Playmaker is on the right. I never use opposition instructions as I want the opposition to be forced to adapt to our style, as opposed to us adapting to theirs. I use the maximum pitch size so that the roaming players can find space. I'm not really sure about Match Preparation; I tend to have it on heavy during pre-season with no specific area selected, so that the team gets fluid with the tactic. After this I drop it to medium (30% of player's training) and keep it on "none" for the focus area. But I have no real idea what effects the match preparation has to be honest.

In summary:

- Playmaker = MRC

- No opposition instructions

- Maximum Pitch size

EDIT: I was too late :p

is it a bad idea to have a target man type striker playing in the striker role.....and what type of wingers are best are we looking more @ players who can play inside forward or natural wingers

Ideally you want the striker to be quite an agile striker, as the team aren't going to be crossing the ball. I've put up some player filters in Post #4 so hopefully you'll get a good idea of the types of players I use in my team.

The wingers are essentially wide forards. You want their preferred foot to be opposite that of the wing they are on i.e. AML's preferred foot will be right, whearea AMR's preferred foot will be left. This way they will cut inside with the ball and look to score.

No problem Wijnand fens

Ideally you want the striker to be quite an agile striker, as the team aren't going to be crossing the ball. I've put up some player filters in Post #4 so hopefully you'll get a good idea of the types of players I use in my team.

The wingers are essentially wide forards. You want their preferred foot to be opposite that of the wing they are on i.e. AML's preferred foot will be right, whearea AMR's preferred foot will be left. This way they will cut inside with the ball and look to score.

No problem Wijnand fens

srry bro mustve over looked it thanks will take look right now

Realmadrid_2007-regarding time wasting if everything is going fine in my game and I am 2-0 after 20 mins should I leave time wasting alone for the rest of the game? Same notch has the it is n the home test tactic. Or do you think a couple of notches higher up will make me control the game even more?

Great tactics btw and very well explained in detail.

Doing well in League One, our media prediction is 24th and i picked "attempt to avoid relegation" for the start of season expectation.

We are still playing teams of the pitch and currently sitting in a play off posisition.

27271379.th.png

78210809.th.png

I love this League, it's very competitive and there are some good teams in this League... alot of good regens around.

Wigan were playing Europa League football at the start of this season because they were in the FA Cup final the previous season.

I've recently been approached by both Plymouth and Nottm Forest (who were in the Championship last season along with Wigan and MK Dons) , i rejected them both as i have built up my own team at Bradford.

70274597c.th.png

16110556.th.png

i tried Smallen's advice. played 8 games with man utd: 7 wins (includes arsenal, chelsea, a.c milan) and 1 draw. i get many chances but not many goals as expected.

what is the best match preparation? i have been using this tactic for almost 2 months and the tactic familiarity level is not fluid

http://postimage.org/image/y7ke4f7o/

no words needed, this tactic is awesome!

no transfers done

sigurdsson assists 8 times, salihovic and babel 7 times in the bundesliga

vorsah is my topscorer with 8 goals in 13 games in the league, and ibisevic scored 7 times in 10 games!

after 14 games i am 1st in the bundesliga with 37 points, dortmund is 2. with 29 and bayern 3. with 27

http://postimage.org/image/y7ke4f7o/

no words needed, this tactic is awesome!

no transfers done

sigurdsson assists 8 times, salihovic and babel 7 times in the bundesliga

vorsah is my topscorer with 8 goals in 13 games in the league, and ibisevic scored 7 times in 10 games!

after 14 games i am 1st in the bundesliga with 37 points, dortmund is 2. with 29 and bayern 3. with 27

you use the Home/ Away tactics?

just when i was having the most fun my game went down with the 19th june dump crash!!!!

i uploaded my save game on ftp sigames.so hopefully they will save my game!!

on the other hand on my team.my left winger is the more effective player so i'm thinking of leaving the pm as it is.but if changing it to mrc helps the striker too then i might change it.what do u guys think?

I've been giving it a try with Lille. They've got some decent passers in the midfield and some talented wingers.

I'm on 8-1-1 atm. I do find that I'm not scoring enough at times. Could this be because Sow isn't that creative?

Another thing I've noticed is that the 2 wingers seem to run about clueless at times.They sometimes pick up the ball and run straight to the back line and get stuck there with no way out or just run over the line by accident. They do this while there is sometimes another player in open space, but not especially in the better attacking option. But by not giving this pass and just running forward with the ball they screw up a perfectly nice passing attack.

This is done by Hazard, Gervinho and Obraniak. Only Gervinho sometimes plays on the right and since he's right footed this isn't ideal.

Could this perhaps be solved by reducing their RWB to Rarely from Mixed? This should result in a more passing wise attack, no?

P.S. It's really nice to sometimes see the perfect passing attack.

just when i was having the most fun my game went down with the 19th june dump crash!!!!

i uploaded my save game on ftp sigames.so hopefully they will save my game!!

on the other hand on my team.my left winger is the more effective player so i'm thinking of leaving the pm as it is.but if changing it to mrc helps the striker too then i might change it.what do u guys think?

good news for me the game is fixed...first thing i'll do now is find me a playmaker through realmadrid_2007' filters...

Here are my tweaked versions of these tactics. :)

Tweaks made:

- Normal tackling on all players

- Strikers mentality (up) , pressing (down) and passing (mixed). Removed "hold up ball" and set "through balls" to sometimes.

- MC and MLC (playmaker) set to "hold up ball"

- Changed where the wingers (far post) and fullbacks (middle) deliver the crosses

- Put CM to DMC position , ticked "counter" box set corners to be taken short (time wasting near corner flag) on the Possession tactic

- Adjusted defensive set pieces

Downloads:

Standard

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735446.tac

Possession

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735883.tac

Attack

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735967.tac

ENJOY! :D

Hello Franklin do you think it will be possible to implement this in the tactic creator instead of the classic tactics. I am guessing that if i tweaked the slider numbers on the tactic creator I should get the same effect. Please let me know your feedback

realmadrid 2007,

You talking about the tempo and the time wasting options

You said that 6 clicks is your standard for time wasting, and 3 clicks for tempo,

When I look at the tactic and in the teaminstructions I see tempo at 4 and time wasting at 7, do I have to change this in 3 and 6 ???

thanks

what ppm should i suggest to my p-maker with this tactic.dictate tempo for ex?or killer balls maybe? or any other suggestions to other positions.wingers maybe..regarding this tactic.

i believe ppm's do matter on the pitch.., thought it might help perfect the tactic.

Hey,fellas anybody else interested in ppms

Currently on a run of 13 games unbeaten in all competitions.

20849541.th.png

Also forgot to post this from earlier on in the season:

94999368.th.png

Yeah we got beat 5-0 of Arsenal, but we had 60% overall possession and a better pass rate than them. Which for a League One side isn't bad, & we were down to 10 men for the last 17 mins + stoppage time. :D

Russel Evans is still banging the goals in, i love this lad! One of my best signings by a mile on this save.

57981431.th.png

Hey,fellas anybody else interested in ppms

i like my striker to beat off side trap/ place shots and move into channels

if you can get players with plays short passes aswell i think that would be good

Wijnand fens: Sorry, I meant 3 clicks and 6 clicks :D Which would be a value of 4 and 7 -- I stick to the slider values in Post #2

Again, I'm working away during the week so sorry about the lack of feedbackl :( I'll try and answer any questions once I finish work, but I'm not sure if the hotel has internet

Update from my liverpool game:

25 won

3 draws

3 lose

possession 60% most of the time (also against man.utd, arsenal, chelsea and man.city)

Passes over 80%

Sometimes i dont have many shots. Even if i change the sliders... Are there other Solutions?

Hmmm..

Decided to try a little thing with the Home tactic..

Moved the MLC to AMC behind the striker, and moved the wingers in to AMC as well to make a 4-2-3-1 formation.

First match ended in a 4-0 win at home to Hertha Berlin. 20 shots! 5 CCC! and 71% possession!

Going to test this out a little more! ;)

54041774.th.png

86929542.th.png

30853840.th.png

Media prediction 24th and we finished 1st.

After we lost to Exeter we were 5 points behind Hull, but then we went on a great 5 match winning run beating Hull away in the process to clinch the League title with one game to go. (We also got to the 5th round of the FA Cup losing away to Premier League Fulham).

Out played more aless every team in the League passing / possession wise, we truly were the Barcelona of League One this season.

Russel Evans got 38 goals and 6 assists, not bad for a lone striker.

59990015.th.png

@Barkermush

I now you use a tweaked tactic, I see you had good results.

Can you post a link to your tactic? and give us some information? (OI, MP, palymaker, targetman etc etc)

Thank you very much.

Wijnand

Hi, i'll pm it to you later when i get home from work. :thup:

Not happy at the moment, lost 5 of my coaches and my assistant manager as they were out of contract but i never got a pre-warning? They all left the club on the 1st of the July i never got a chance to offer them a new contract.

And now to top it, my Chairman has just sold my young playmaker, sold him for 925k when he was easily worth double that!

This is the third time my Chairman as accepted an offer for Norwood, last Janaury 2 Scottish teams Dundee and then Falkirk had 475k offers accepted for him by my Chairman, luckily Norwood rejected them both saying he felt they were a step in the wrong direction.

Now Kilmarnock and Aston Villa have bid for him, and he accepeted both offers of 925k, and this time i've lost him. No chance he was going to reject Aston Villa who are in the Champions League regulary on my save now.

Well mad right now, i feel like resigning i really do! I can't be bothered with a Chairman who sells my best players for peanuts. lol

87132897.th.png

15048010.th.png

61931340.th.png

Archived