Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi people, i´ve used the STANDARD version with Sporting Lisbon and despite i have lots of possession and top class football, i just can´t score many goals. Even when i have lots of chances my team just don´t put the ball in. I saw lots of different versions of this tactic here, what version is really the best for medium european teams?

thanks in advance :)

Hi people, i´ve used the STANDARD version with Sporting Lisbon and despite i have lots of possession and top class football, i just can´t score many goals. Even when i have lots of chances my team just don´t put the ball in. I saw lots of different versions of this tactic here, what version is really the best for medium european teams?

thanks in advance :)

I'd try Barkermush's version, the striker scores loads.

He acts like a deep lying playmaker, so while yes, he needs good creativity and passing, he needs to be adequate at defending. The right MC gets into much more advanced positions, and probably plays alot more through balls to the striker and wingers.

He acts like a deep lying playmaker, so while yes, he needs good creativity and passing, he needs to be adequate at defending. The right MC gets into much more advanced positions, and probably plays alot more through balls to the striker and wingers.

Yes, that makes sense now. Thank you for your help, you´ve been such a great help.

I saw that you done great achievements with your Newcastle side. Can you give me some tips, about your instructions,match preparation, OI´s, teamtalks and trainings.

Thanks

Match prep, I keep it on team blend all season.

Training, I used these: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3595

Never used OI.

Team talks were pretty simple. Usually For the fans, unless I was away at a big team, when I used "pressure is off". At half time I would look through the motivation tab. Players "playing okay" would get "you have faith", players fired up or playing with confidence would be left on none, nervously would get pressure is off.

Although right foot on left flank and left foot on right flank works well, in my season I actually had more success with Jonas on the right (Ben Arfa was injured for a while). Also having a well blended team is important. I made a fantastic start to the season, then my team drew and lost a few games, but I stuck at it and the form picked up.

Match prep, I keep it on team blend all season.

Training, I used these: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3595

Never used OI.

Team talks were pretty simple. Usually For the fans, unless I was away at a big team, when I used "pressure is off". At half time I would look through the motivation tab. Players "playing okay" would get "you have faith", players fired up or playing with confidence would be left on none, nervously would get pressure is off.

Although right foot on left flank and left foot on right flank works well, in my season I actually had more success with Jonas on the right (Ben Arfa was injured for a while). Also having a well blended team is important. I made a fantastic start to the season, then my team drew and lost a few games, but I stuck at it and the form picked up.

Once more thank you for your help, i´m going to try some of your tips, and lets see if my sporting lisbon will achieve sucess :D

just turned this tactic into a 4-2-3-1 ( 3 AMCS ) no other tweaks done i've just put the MCR (standard tactic ) into AMC slot and the wingers into AMRC and AMLC at arsenal, pretty impressive so far, you should try it if you have talented AMC's, i have fabregas(AMC) , Nasri(AMLC) and Wilshere(AMRC) who seem to perform much better this way.

Wow. Just wow. this tactic is way better (atleast for me) when turned into a 4-2-3-1 . just looks at the screenshot below. one of the best matches i've ever hard on football manager 2011. we played real tiki taka, look at the number of shots and CCC's, and my first XI wasn't even my best one ( played with 2 backup DC's) . even this way, we absolutely dominated tottenham and played FANTASTIC football , with lots of one-two passes and gorgeous combinations . This was with the Home tactic, seems to work better than standard. no other tweaks aswell.

arsenalvtottenhamstatsm.png

arsenalvtottenhamysisys.png

Wow. Just wow. this tactic is way better (atleast for me) when turned into a 4-2-3-1 . just looks at the screenshot below. one of the best matches i've ever hard on football manager 2011. we played real tiki taka, look at the number of shots and CCC's, and my first XI wasn't even my best one ( played with 2 backup DC's) . even this way, we absolutely dominated tottenham and played FANTASTIC football , with lots of one-two passes and gorgeous combinations . This was with the Home tactic, seems to work better than standard. no other tweaks aswell.

arsenalvtottenhamstatsm.png

arsenalvtottenhamysisys.png

Insane mate. What changes have u made?

none. just moved the MLC to AMC and AMR to AMRC and AML to AMLC to make it look like a 4-2-3-1 formation . Playmaker is still the MRC . All other player instructions were left intact in that game. although now i've slightly lowered the mentality of the AMC to (12) notches, to play deeper and link with the midfield. Fabregas plays better this way. Now i'm also experimenting with the wide AM's with run from deep to often, let's see how well it works out.

this is the tactic i'm using at the moment, not fully tested but here it is if you want it :)Not sure it will work for you as it is working for me. try to tweak it for youself and see if you can achieve better results with it. Also you might wanna reduce the central AMC's through ball instruction to ''sometimes'' , i have fabregas there so ''Often'' seemed to be more suited for him , the creative freedom can also be lowered 2 or 3 notches if you don't have a high quality player there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdw5s556jp6kdsu - Playmaker is MCR.

I will continue to test it and tinker with it until i find the perfect 4-2-3-1 Total Football tactic.

some other results :

arsenalvfulhamstatsmatc.th.png

arsenalvmanutdstatsmatc.th.png

schalkevarsenalstatsmat.th.png

stokevarsenalstatsmatch.th.png

i posted that 1-1 against Man UTD because i really enjoyed the fact that we dominated the match possession wise, never had so much posssesion against such a strong team with this tactic. all chances they created were from counter-attacks directed to chicharito, not easy for slow players like Hummels to cope with him.

this is the tactic i'm using at the moment, not fully tested but here it is if you want it :)Not sure it will work for you as it is working for me. try to tweak it for youself and see if you can achieve better results with it. Also you might wanna reduce the central AMC's through ball instruction to ''sometimes'' , i have fabregas there so ''Often'' seemed to be more suited for him , the creative freedom can also be lowered 2 or 3 notches if you don't have a high quality player there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdw5s556jp6kdsu - Playmaker is MCR.

I will continue to test it and tinker with it until i find the perfect 4-2-3-1 Total Football tactic.

Man i´ve been playing with your tactic and i must say that i find it very consistent. After a promotion with West Ham, with 111 points, 115 goals scored and 20 conceeded, i´m now in 4th place in Premier League, and i´ve beaten Man City away with 2-5.

I´ve made some changes, i creater a more defensive, and a more attacking giving more attacking mentality to full backs...

Can you try to tweak one with the attacking-minded midfielder playing as an AMC? Wants to start a Real Madrid save but I have players like Ozil, Kaka and Canales and I figured that retraining them to MC is not a good idea.

Try this one, its oneskyride´s tweaked version.

So far, i´m in 2nd place with my West Ham, in EPL, 2 points behind MAN UTD and with 10 points ahead from Chelsea.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdw5s556jp6kdsu

Hey guys, i am just ending my 4th season with CSKA Moscow, and AI is just owning me, everything were great for 3 seasons, but now i don't make so many situations (my ball possession is around 70%), i have like 10 shots on goal, but i should have 20+, my squad barely changed, so cant blame team blend or sth like that, some advices? thx in advance and sry for my english.

The cool thing about this tactic is you can basically use it as a framework for almost every formation you want and after a few tweaks it will work really awesome.

I already made a 4-2-3-1, a 4-2-2-2, a 4-5-1 and even a 4-6-0 out of it and all worked pretty well after some minor adjustments.

Hey guys, i am just ending my 4th season with CSKA Moscow, and AI is just owning me, everything were great for 3 seasons, but now i don't make so many situations (my ball possession is around 70%), i have like 10 shots on goal, but i should have 20+, my squad barely changed, so cant blame team blend or sth like that, some advices? thx in advance and sry for my english.

It's usually a problem with teams adjusting to you being the dominant force in your country or even in Europe.

The higher your reputation gets the more defensive teams will play against you. A solution to this problem can be to use higher time wasting in order to draw your opponents out of their defensive positions or to overload their half with pushing more men forward.

Your players might also suffer from overconfidence and may not be giving their best especially in games against smaller teams. Either use a lot of "expect a performance" on your best players or use back up players in your games against weaker teams.

when facing such problems this is what i do, in order to draw your opposition to you, and open up space. first, you can lower the tempo a bit( your players will not rush any decision if they're not being pressed ) and then lower your defensive line, you can lower it down to 4,5 notches, and increase the width to about 15-16 notches, this way your players will have more space to run into and the opposition will probably try to increase their defensive line and press you more, which will be a good thing. Another good advice is to overload their opp' fullbacks by making your FB's run from deep OFTEN . very recommended.

The cool thing about this tactic is you can basically use it as a framework for almost every formation you want and after a few tweaks it will work really awesome.

I already made a 4-2-3-1, a 4-2-2-2, a 4-5-1 and even a 4-6-0 out of it and all worked pretty well after some minor adjustments.

Hi Flohrinho, could you share the adjustments you've made for your 4-2-3-1 ? Very interested in seeing them. thanks in advance. Also, a 4-6-0 system would seem nice, how did you position your players?

i totally agree with this.i've been using 4-4-2 the last two seasons,having more fun to be honest.

Hi Flohrinho, could you share the adjustments you've made for your 4-2-3-1 ? Very interested in seeing them. thanks in advance. Also, a 4-6-0 system would seem nice, how did you position your players?

For the 4-2-3-1 I just pulled the most offensive of the mid three into the AM position and made some minor tweaks to fit my players strength.

The 4-6-0 only seams to work as long as the opposition doesn't play a DM but basically all you do is pull the striker back into AMC position and the MC into a DMC position. In the end you need to check for yourself what works in certain situations and what not.

I had a gut feeling when playing Valencia in the CDR with Barcelona and just pulled Messi deeper and voila it worked against their 4-2-3-1 I smashed them 1-6 on their home ground since their defenders always tried to close down the very deep playing Messi who just passed on the ball to Villa and Pedro.

I recommend you play with the original tactic and then try some of these tweaks yourself you will only be able to utilize them correctly if you know how and when to use these things.

Overall the basic shape of this tactic is probably the most stable for me in FM11 the midfield 3 work really great in winning the ball back early on so defensively it's much stronger then a 4-2-3-1 imo and it also offers some more offensive potential as a 4-5-1 with a DM.

Hi

Must say I´m very impressed by this framework. It has inspired me to keep playing my Fulham save. Usually loosing my patience after 3 season, but think this could boost my motivation. have been using the tactic for about half a season. Turned down creative freedom, upped passing and changed the setup in midfield. Middel CM is now playmaker. Must admit the results have been mixed :( So now its a new season, so going back to the original.

I´ve got Jordan Henderson and the plan for this season is to make him a running midfielder. He has going forward often PPM. I don´t really like that. Think it ruins the shape and buildup. He will be the right CM.

I would think the English game should be a bit more attacking than the original tactic. Anyone tried to up the mentality?

I've used this tactic in both Spain and England now with great results. For my England save I made two alternative versions, one with more direct passing and a slightly higher tempo for bad weather games, and one defensive/counterattacking version where I set almost everyone to tight marking, lowered the defensive line, clicked counterattack, removed playmaker, lowered the mentality by 3-4 clicks and more direct passing. Also put the CM in the DM slot for more defensive cover.

I have used both the Standard and Barkermush's version, I find them both very good! but I don't score that much. I win most games 1-0 or 2-0. I don't seem to kill of the weaker teams.. Have tweaked the CF by +3 for every player and still no real change.

I'm Arsenal and have signed Hazard, Cavani and David Silva.. the Squad is very talented and plenty of players with huge amounts of technical brilliance. I feel that the key to solving the problem is to trying to get Hazard playing better, any ideas how to do this? He is playing on the left, should I have him running with the ball often and cut inside? and will these tweaks ruin the beauty of this tactic?

thanks in advance

@ramie : try adding all players Creative Freedom +3, some say that it will make this tactic even better and wonderful to watch .

Yeah sorry thats what I was ment to write, I have already upped the CF by +3

so the best option is using barkermush tactic and add all players +3 notches creative freedom?!

what about cuting inside for AML and AMR and team instruction mentality attacking(14 notches)?

I don't think there is a "best" option. It all depends on how good your team is and who the opposition is.

Are they parking the bus and using ultra-defensive tactics? Then upping CF might help.

Having trouble keeping possession? Raise time wasting and maybe lower the tempo.

Are your crosses not connecting? Use a right footed winger on the left and tell him to cut inside. Do you have a huge powerful striker? Set your wingers to cross sometimes or often and cross from the byline.

Is the opposition closing you down like crazy? Raise the tempo so they can't put as much pressure on the ball before you pass it around.

etc. etc.

My "default" tactic is a slightly tweaked version of barkermush's tactic (I adjusted some settings to suit my players, for example long shots to "sometimes" on players that can shoot from distance) and I trained my wingers to be able to play both on the left and on the right. Then I set them to swap positions so I get a variety of play with them sometimes crossing into the box and sometimes cutting inside and making a run at goal.

i have made some changes to the original tactic.

some of my man utd results

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/46/bild1ve.png

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7964/bild2ng.png

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2081/bild3sd.png

i know man utd aint the hardest team to manage so my latest team was napoli, i hade a little struggle the first season since the defence was realy realy bad atleast compared to man utd :p but managed to get second the first season, for the second season i got some better players, and now my third season im on my way for my second league victory

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7638/bild4wb.png

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2236/bild5vz.png

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2783/bild6jh.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7i7crwav8l4sx6 if someone wants to test it

i use the MCR as playmaker, A good DMC for the MC role and another good offensive player for the MCL spot.

i prefer a Right footer at the AML and a left footer for the AMR position

Archived