Why I bought a 33 year old Miroslav Klose...

I've just signed a 33 year old Miroslav Klose on my FM10 Arsenal game, he'll be backup to Chamakh (who is a very similar player on the game, give or take a few attributes.) I'm hoping that his movement should pull defenders away while the 3 players behind him (I play a 4-2-3-1, AML: Nasri, AMR: Van Persie, AMC: Fabregas) roam and run riot. I had great success with the same system last year, i'll let everyone know how he does.:)

Did you have a look at Andre Schürrle ?

He's not really the same kind of player. I was looking at Mladen Petric but he might be a bit too expensive. I was even looking to sign a 29 year old Huntelaar on a bosman, but he went to Barcelona after I upset his agent (£100k p/w for a dozen appearances is not really value for money). The search continues.

He's a difficult player to replace. Obviously someone such as Tevez or Rooney would be brilliant in that pulling players out of position and making clever passes role, and I've found Robbie Keane to be quite effective in a similar, though comparatively low-budget manner. I don't know how much you're willing to spend on a replacement, but others that spring to mind include Eduardo/Thomas Muller/Luis Suarez/Edin Dzeko, though they might be quite as good - there really are few players who have so many 20 attributes.

sorry, it's late at night and i just fancied reading the recent posts on the tactical forum to take a little break from the game. i'm amazed no-one has talked about Dario Conca on these forums. possibly the best option as an AMC/trequatista i've ever seen. Discuss.

I'm playing a network game with a few mates, and one of them spotted Conca, whether by accident or from here, I don't know. We're only in December and Conca already has 15 assists for him (almost double the next highest tally), mostly from set-pieces, with his central defenders on 10 goals between them. Plays CM in a 4-4-2 as far as I can see.

A great signing at club level, but as has been said, whether he'll shine as highly against the top teams in the biggest competitions, is still up for question.

Edit: Oh, and this is in the Premiership.

Archived