Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

Still want to race? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thanks.

*reaches for potplant to pour vodka into, asks waiter for a Crown Lager instead.* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't even tempt you with a pint of uri- er Fosters? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Urine!! You were right the first time. No thanks.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy Ivan

Now then… Best Story Idea…

Four stories were in the running, two of them from the same writer. Will Spav be the victim of his own creativity?

The nominees were:

binny - The 92 club: You’ve got to be able to do better than that!

Brian of Nazareth - It's True: Boredom Does Lead To Insanity

Spav - Down Under With The FMS Gang

Spav - The Unbeaten Run – Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

I'll have a W-K-D whoever goes to the bar first </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just snap your fingers at one of the waiters.

Vladimir Romanov

We cunningly devised the Russian Revolution challenge, to see how well you would respond to a takeover. The idea was for you to flourish once you got to manage in beautiful Russian; most of you had given up long before then though. Many of you used the ridiculous amounts of Comrade Abramovich’s money available at Chelsea well, but then faltered once arriving in the Motherland. Only a select few managed to be successful with Russian club sides, prompting us to delay our approach and wait for the right time.

It was hard to wait, we wanted so dearly to take control of your FMS, but Comrade Peacemaker was insistent that the time was not right. He monitered the situation closely, reporting to us with every step that you took along the road to being ready. It took longer than we thought it would; we believed you ripe for the inevitable takeover. But once BobBev’s recent attempt at the challenge was nominated for two awards, it became clear the time was now. The Russian Revolution was upon us. The challenge would be completed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

…And despite not going into the final on the back of most first round votes, the award goes to Spav , for The Unbeaten Run – Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ races up to the stage.

"Thanks everyone for your support. Hey, this who awards thing gives me an idea!!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Leo comes out the closet or is blatantly new to drinking icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

PS: Rakiya > Wodka. In fact, I'll have a Rakiya Orange Juice now.

Roman Abramovich

Our next award is that of Best Challenge. There were three nominees in this category, which has sprung some excellent stories over time. Of course, none of the challenges will ever be anything like the Russian Revolution, but they are still good challenges in their own right.

The nominees:

The Brian Clough Challenge (BobBev)

The Summer Holidays Challenge (PM7)

The No Surrender Challenge (Raptor)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

Well done Spav - bet you're glad you got up early to attend icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Bob. My 56K dial-up connection and the 11 hour time lag are causing me all sorts on time delays.

Roman Abramovich

And our winner who literally crushed the competition with a Fist of Iron, like comrade Stalin did to the Nazi Scum during the Great Patriotic War

The Brian Clough Challenge (BobBev)

Well Done.

Make that a double Horlicks for Bob Bev, congrats and well done matey.

Leo strolls to the bar and looks at what next to tackle seeming the rest of the crowd are already on the hard stuff. Does anybody else want a drink whilst I am up here.

I would call the waiter over but its dark and dingy at the back.

Vladimir Romanov

Our next award this evening is the Perserverence Award. Sometimes people come along to the forum who simply don't know when to stop, and kind people as you are, you've decided to dedicate an award to them.

The nominees are:

BobBev

Faramir

flipsix3

mckissock

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -Xenon-:

"Wow those Muscovites at the bar are suddenly very attractive" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're ice-sculptures placed here for decoration.

*steers clear of Xenon*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Bob, some guy here to see you. Says he's from "Pimp my zimmer-frame" or something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Jack that suspension up and gimme some of those rather large speakers in the back bro!

So so so so so sorry guys. I have been away for the weekend since friday and despite one brief post at some point yesterday, I didn't notice this bash was tonight icon_frown.gif

*feels ashamed and inferior*

Congrats to all the winners so far!

Okkas

Archived