Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

On a serious note, the Best Newcomer Award is an honour. To be chosen from so many new faces is indeed humbling. Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can only be won once, and so is imo the most special award you can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, picked up something I never will

*considers creating a second account for his next story*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

Does that mean I can be considered for the newcomer award next year then, not that I'm anygood anyway. icon_confused.gif

Sits and drinks an 'aftershock' with all these awards flowing to the same people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately you can only win it the year you start posting in FMS - hence it's such a big award

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

On a serious note, the Best Newcomer Award is an honour. To be chosen from so many new faces is indeed humbling. Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think there would be too many arguments about the merit of this particular award - quality speaks for itself. Some of the others were a bit dodgy though icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

Does that mean I can be considered for the newcomer award next year then, not that I'm anygood anyway. icon_confused.gif

Sits and drinks an 'aftershock' with all these awards flowing to the same people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheer up icon_biggrin.gif

Have a Guinness icon_wink.gif

Vladimir Romanov

New Rules for Soviet FMS

· All stories must now contain at least two major Soviet characters

· At least 50 percent of stories must centre around a Soviet club

· All those wishing to write on Soviet FMS must become nationals of an Eastern European country.

· All stories must be told in a dictatorial fashion. Remember the Iron Fist.

· At least twenty percent of the players in each story must hail from Mother Russia.

· All writers must pledge allegiance to a real life club run by one of your new FMS leaders.

· Any transgressors of these rules will be marched into Red Square and shot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

Unfortunately you can only win it the year you start posting in FMS - hence it's such a big award </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as well, as it's the only one I've got icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

It can only be won once, and so is imo the most special award you can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, picked up something I never will

*considers creating a second account for his next story* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*considers making some smart remark but decides to just keep on dancing*

Crazy Ivan

That leaves just the three highest-rated awards, with the last three each having its own claim to being “the most importantâ€.

For Writer of the Year, the following people were nominated:

BobBev

Faramir

flipsix3

Spav

This meant a 50-50 chance of a first repeat-winner of this prestigious award…

I think it's "funny" that BoN isn't here to collect his Most Funniest Award. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So thats one award you'll never win icon_razz.gif

I think it's "funny" that BoN isn't here to collect his Most Funniest Award. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So thats one award you'll never win icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me about it icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Tell me about it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you see, there's this award and you have to be funny to win it, and Spav said.... what? what are you all looking at?

Ah... that my chances blown then! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible at all for a Dutchman to win it icon_biggrin.gif

I'm always reading that the Dutchie's have no sense of humour, is this true?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible at all for a Dutchman to win it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché icon_biggrin.gif (and kicking off your 2006 bid in the process icon_razz.gif )

TBF I always said I couldn't write funny, yet I've been nominated for this about four times and won it twice. So erm, well......

I'm always reading that the Dutchie's have no sense of humour, is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not IMO. It's the krauts who have none of it.

I do, however, hear Aussies are being pre-empted by weird combinations of Paddies and Frogs half the time though icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible at all for a Dutchman to win it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché icon_biggrin.gif (and kicking off your 2006 bid in the process icon_razz.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was merely stating the prevalent cliché icon_wink.gif

What 2006 bid? icon_biggrin.gif

Not IMO. It's the krauts who have none of it.

I do, however, hear Aussies are being pre-empted by weird combinations of Paddies and Frogs half the time though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would, wouldn't you icon_wink.gif

And give the poor Aussie a break, he's only just woken up icon_biggrin.gif

And give the poor Aussie a break, he's only just woken up icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I haven't? icon_razz.gif

And give the poor Aussie a break, he's only just woken up icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I haven't? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you've been asleep for the last six years icon_razz.gif

And I haven't? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You? A clean-living, issue-conscious model citizen?!? icon_biggrin.gif

Roman Abramovich

I am proud to present one of the most prestigious awards handed out tonight. The award for Story of the Year. This award speaks for itself, only the very best stories written on FMS this year are nominated. With four stories nominated, yet only three writers, it’s going to be a close contest.

The Nominees for Story of the Year are:

Our revolutionist comrade BobBev with Fools Go Russian In.

One of tonight’s hattrick hero’s, Faramir has two nominations with A Harrowing Misadventure.

And Faramir’s second is Silent Knight, Holy Knight

And finally, flipsix3 with Leaving the past behind (FM edition)

Roman Abramovich

A very deserved winner in this category with more than 50% of the Round 1 votes. He lost a lot of his lead in the second round, but just held on to snatch the win. Without further ado, congratulations to flipsix3 and his Leaving the past behind (FM edition)

Wow, as ever (even though I have a bit of a PM7 ego streak growing) I take the smaller awards in my stride, but these biggies are different...

...thanks, seriously, especially as I took around 6 months out mid-year! and I'm sure everyone will agree that all the nominees were worthy... but it's mine, MINE I TELLS YA icon_biggrin.gif

Vladimir Romanov

And so we come to our final award of the evening. Awarded to the person judged to have made the best contribution to the forum overall, it is one of the most prestigious awards there is. And so the nominees for FMSer of the Year are:

BobBev

Faramir

Peacemaker7

Spav

Terk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A great story, mate. And still more to look forward to as it continues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, by my reckoning I've got at least another year's worth of posting written up already, and even then it's only up to 2012 - I'm thinking there's at least another 20 seasons in it icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A great story, mate. And still more to look forward to as it continues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, by my reckoning I've got at least another year's worth of posting written up already, and even then it's only up to 2012 - I'm thinking there's at least another 20 seasons in it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No point really, same story can't win twice icon_razz.gif

Oh yes, by my reckoning I've got at least another year's worth of posting written up already, and even then it's only up to 2012 - I'm thinking there's at least another 20 seasons in it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No point really, same story can't win twice icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just start a new thread and call it Part Two. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No point really, same story can't win twice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True enough, but some moves around Europe will take it into different geographical classes, and then there's the chance of the Perseverance award (if Faramir's not up to 100 pages or more on each of his 45 threads by then icon_wink.gif )

No point really, same story can't win twice icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just start a new thread and call it Part Two. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be Raptor-esque icon_wink.gif

Vladimir Romanov

Finally you have all come to your senses, had a Jambo not won an award I would have been forced to kill you all, but thankfully that is not needed. He has been unjustly fought into second place twice tonight, but becoming the first ever two time winner of this award should make up for it.

Congratulations to Terk, FMSer of the Year 2005, and the first person to suggest corruption gets his legs broken by Crazy Ivan.

Archived