Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I wasn't expecting this one. If I thought I had a shot at any tonight it was the short story award (Faramir was always going to walk away with the International Management) but this is truly incredible. If you don't give me a hat-trick next year then I think I might cry.

Cheers to each and every one of you who voted for me, and death to all of you who didn't icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

I'd come and shake your hand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a comment just dying for a misplaced comma! icon_biggrin.gif

Dirty Soviet corruption shining through.

F*ck it, bring on the Vodka!

Seriously, congrats to everyone, worthy winners, all of youse. Heck, even being nominated is an achievement after all, despite it not being the best of years in terms of overall quality.

On a sidenote, I notice this is the first time neither myself nor PM won anything. So the first drink is on yesterday's men icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

On a sidenote, I notice this is the first time neither myself nor PM won anything. So the first drink is on yesterday's men icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I believe I have a bet riding on that icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a sidenote, I notice this is the first time neither myself nor PM won anything. So the first drink is on yesterday's men </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the sands of time, how they flow... Christ, that could be me next year. Get writing FLippers you fool! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

<-------------------- changed the from already icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Subtle icon_wink.gif

I've had a wonderful evening guys, would have been more interesting if I was involved in the nominations or I had even bothered to vote, but I joined to late to catch the early stories but I'm more up to date now. So I will be able to contribute more.

My plane awaits have a fun evening and don't celebrate to much!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a sidenote, I notice this is the first time neither myself nor PM won anything. So the first drink is on yesterday's men </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the sands of time, how they flow... Christ, that could be me next year. Get writing FLippers you fool! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I intend winning some more next year icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a sidenote, I notice this is the first time neither myself nor PM won anything. So the first drink is on yesterday's men icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote a Soviet-sounding adage - "There's a changing of the guard at FMS".

Aye, well done to every nominee, and congratulations to all the winners (including me!!)

G'night all, I'll gloss over my abandoned tale and start something new soon so you don't have to keep dredging through the Story of the Year icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Special thanks to Simon and Chris for writing up the Roman and Romanov bits. Without them, we wouldn't have had a proper ceremony. Great job lads. icon14.gif

And behold: the first awards ceremony to be over in under three hours! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roman Abramovich

Because of the early ending, we shall have an afterparty with music, women and as much alcohol as you can drink.

Comrades, you are all invited

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Terk: "And the winner is.... me!!!" icon_biggrin.gif

Well done, Jambo Simon. A well-deserved award. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corruption rules \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WLKRAS:

Roman Abramovich

Because of the early ending, we shall have an afterparty with music, women and as much alcohol as you can drink.

Comrades, you are all invited

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm going to watch Match of the Day 2 icon_biggrin.gif

I think you're on 10 now flippers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I must have 'lost' one - have some old saved pages from CM Stories site but that only goes up to 2003 - we could use a "History of FMS" type thread somewhere icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, I'm going to watch Match of the Day 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me 2 going to rewatch the Baggies beat Wigan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, I'm going to watch Match of the Day 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me 2 going to rewatch the Baggies beat Wigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You utter, utter b*st*rd angryfire.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

You utter, utter b*st*rd angryfire.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we don't win that many away from home!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

You utter, utter b*st*rd angryfire.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To explain; this was the only result I hadn't previously heard. But it makes little difference really. Besides, Marseille won tonight \o/

Hey Spav, what about the guys who gatecrashed the party? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, the audience is always special. Give yourself a clap as well.

*waits for poor "giving the clap" joke*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Knowing how much effort goes into this, well done Terk and WLKRAS for their part, and a big thanks to Raptor without whom the awards - and probably FMS - wouldn't exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seconded

/applaue

now I really must be away

night night all, catch you later

Hope this comes out properly... CMS/FMS Awards Roll of Honour 2000-2005

Numbers are Total Awards, Main Overall, Misc. Overall, Sub Category, Defunct

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Peacemaker7 15 7- 1- 5- 2

Raptor 14 5- 1- 4- 4

flipsix3 10 2- 1- 7- 0

BobBev 8 4- 3- 1- 0

Faramir 6 1- 1- 4- 0

Dixie Flatline 5 0- 3- 2- 0

Flann O'Brien 4 2- 0- 1- 1

Andrew Downing 4 1- 2- 1- 0

King Jeff 4 1- 2- 1- 0

Spav 4 1- 1- 2- 0

displaced_seagull 4 1- 0- 3- 0

spurzgrrl 4 0- 2- 2- 0

nickgreenan 3 1- 2- 0- 0

benny 3 0- 2- 1- 0

Ell_G 3 0- 1- 1- 1

Terk 2 2- 0- 0- 0

Brian of Nazareth 2 1- 1- 0- 0

binny 2 1- 0- 1- 0

Donners 2 1- 0- 1- 0

maollelujah 2 1- 0- 1- 0

OMDave 2 1- 0- 1- 0

mikezone13 2 1- 0- 0- 1

Charnley 2 0- 1- 1- 0

Gino 2 0- 1- 1- 0

silver_blue 2 0- 1- 0- 1

Educated Hick 2 0- 0- 2- 0

ghostwriter 2 0- 0- 2- 0

Harry Kure with the corner kick 2 0- 0- 2- 0

Richey 1 1- 0- 0- 0

Sebs 1 1- 0- 0- 0

Steve 'Wall 1 1- 0- 0- 0

Abe Lenstra 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Bari for the Scudetto 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Bozz 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Dittohead 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Jack O'Sullivan 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Soldout 1 0- 1- 0- 0

Tricky Winger 1 0- 1- 0- 0

£120m Xavier Dupont 1 0- 0- 1- 0

13litZ 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Bad Dog 1 0- 0- 1- 0

boo radley2 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Brian W 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Dark_Soccer 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Euan 1 0- 0- 1- 0

glamdring 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Harleqin 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Jambo_4eva 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Juni 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Kazema 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Lionel Perez 1 0- 0- 1- 0

McRob 1 0- 0- 1- 0

nerf 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Orang_Utan Stan 1 0- 0- 1- 0

SirFozzie 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Texan 1 0- 0- 1- 0

The RingMaster 1 0- 0- 1- 0

Reddiablo 1 0- 0- 0- 1

Silverfox 1 0- 0- 0- 1

</pre>

I've got work to head off to on this side of the world. Good night Britain and Europe and thanks for the entertainment.

*takes his 3.5 (or 4 depending on your definition) awards and leaves the Rossiya Hotel to head back through the snow to the Metro*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Maybe I'll have to actually get stuck in and write a decent story this year so I can pick up one of them nice looking writing awards next time around icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah get yourself a proper award rather than the mod award icon_razz.gif

Are you going to post a list of winners btw?

FMSer of the Year

Terk

Story of the Year

flipsix3 Leaving the past behind (FM edition) http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/986209475

Writer of the Year

Faramir

Funniest Writer

Brian of Nazareth

Best Newcomer

Spav

Best Story Character

BobBev Stefan McCardle (Being Juergen Klinsmann - The Revenge Of The Tartan Army) http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/173207338

Most Missed FMSer

spurzgrrl

Best Story Title

bartley_m When in Rome, Don't bring in a bunch of Brits and get relagated… http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/9092025751

Best Story Idea

Spav The Unbeaten Run – Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/4842083221

Best Challenge

BobBev The Brian Clough Challenge http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/294204009

Perseverance Award

Faramir

Best Short Story

glamdring Euro 2020 - a nation expects... (A short[ish!] story) http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/8702045871

Best Challenge Story

BobBev Fools Go Russian In http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/1542004341

Best British Story

displaced_seagull Build a Bonfire - Scare a Rook http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/1082093861

Spav The Unbeaten Run – Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/4842083221

Best Rest of the World Story

flipsix3 Leaving the past behind (FM edition) http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/986209475

Best Fantasy/Super League Story

Spav Down Under With The FMS Gang http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/7742075361

Best International Management Story

Faramir Delusions of Grandeur http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/97319217/m/4752056421

Archived