Split Loyalties, help required

Im in my 4th season with Man Utd and am having a dilemma.

This is my current squad

GK

Van Der Sar

Gary Woods

DEF

Brown

O'shea

Richards

Neville

Ferdinand

Vidic

Marcelo

Evans

MID

Ronaldo

Nani

Martinez

Assulin

Giggs

Scholes

Moutinho

Anderson

Walcott

Fletcher

Jones

FWD

Neymar

Rooney

Tevez

Campbell

And here lies the problem, usually by this time VDS, neville, giggs, scholes have retired, but this hasnt happened now!! and it is causing my previous youngsters to start to get impatient with lack of first team oppertunities, and on the flip side when i play them, my experienced players are getting upset, so what would you suggest, either A) just leave the oldies out of the team unhappy until they retire or visa versa? the main problem i have is that i have a load of loyalty for my oldies!!

any help would be great

Aaron

thanks, the squad is quality, the only players i sold were the ones that hadnt been at man utd for a long time in reality. if i was to only play the oldies a few times in the season, would they then retire? or must you not play them at all?

What are you doing with them contract wise? I often find that when older players that have been with a club a long time get into the last year of thier contract, they often retire then rather then face the humilation of nobody wanting to sign them and retiring clubless.

Originally posted by aaronbekir:

that could possibly where i have gone wrong then, i gave them all nice new contracts 2 seasons ago, again due to my loyalties!! so once they get nearer to expiration they are more likely to retire? cool.

Yes. Once they get to a certain age they won't have any intrest in joining another club and will often announce their intentions to retire.

Be sure to use the media to say they'll make a good coach/scout/manager. Always nice to have them on your back-room staff.

I've managed to get G.Neville, Giggs and Ferdinand in my back-room staff on the same save.

Scholes and VDS are tricky ones though.

im a massive united fan and an old romantic so i would keep hold of them and get them on the backroom staff. i would start them in league cup and some minor fa cup games aswell as the odd one or two in league games to keep them happy

i would keep VDS in the first team but as reserve keeper. I signed Vincent Enyeama (feel free to correct my spelling!) who is more than capable as first choice. Scholes and Giggs went into the reserves in the 2nd half of the 2nd season along with O'Shea. Neville stayed first team but was injured for the majority of 2 seasons. On a side note, Ronaldo went to Arsenal for £50 mil which i used to sign Gabriel Torje & Jeremy Menez to play right & left wing respectivley

Archived