FM 2011 - Miguel Medina

Nice young player, very easy to sign. I get the feeling he's a little poor for adaptability (might be random) but I can advise he has a nice PA and my current assman loves him... I haven't got the best out of him yet but I believe he will get very good.

any screen shots of him in 2016-20 would be great

miguel.png?t=1302285220

as you can see he could be a pacey tricy striker, he was brought from Sport Colombia for 500k

he hasn't developed well for me yet as he dislikes his training regime, something i need to address

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MiguelMedina1.png

Whilst my South American scout was hunting for players during my first season at Granada CF, he happened across this young chap. Given my South American scout benefits from 20/20 JPA/JPP, I was happy to trust his judgement and make an immediate move for him. As he was under 18 at the time, he wouldn't be able to join my club until the following summer, but having negotiate a price as little as 325k for him, I was more than happy to wait and take a chance.

Upon joining my club, ready for my first season in La Liga, having successfully gained promotion, I got my assistant manager to give me his feedback. Should I let him play in the youth team for a little while, loan him out, or throw him straight into the first team squad. Here's my assistant's report:

MiguelMedina2.png

Due to the excellent attributes of my assistant, just as with my scout, I was likewise happy to trust his judgement. Based on that report, I thought it best to give him a shot in the first team. He's performed admirably and is developing fairly quickly. As the report suggests though, he has a lot of potential and could be a leading player in the Spanish top-flight.

I'm using him as a "poacher".

MiguelMedina3.png

As suggested in the thread title, he's definitely a "rough diamond", but one who is already beginning to realise his potential, through training improvement and in his performances for the first team.

I signed him from Paraguayan club, Sport Colombia for just 325k. Considering there's players the same age, albeit more "polished" who can set you back millions of pounds, this guy is certainly worth taking a chance on.

unfortunately if you're managing a club in England or Scotland, you may struggle to get a work permit for him. At such a low price though, I would say it's well worth signing him and getting him out on loan to a Spanish club/feeder for the two years it would take him to gain citizenship. Obviously as I'm managing a Spanish club, I don't have to worry about any work permit, though he does take up one of only three "foreigner" slots when it comes to registering my 25 man squad for the season.

So, great potential, can make an immediate impact if given the chance, plus at only 325k, a fantastic bargain... or as we say in Spain - GANGA! :D

It may be a problem getting a work permit for him in England megafan. That said though, since I signed him, he's been selected for the Paraguay senior international squad for their last three matches. He's yet to feature in their first team, but with both Roque Santa Cruz and Oscar Cardozo injured, he may get a chance to start in their next match.

If he's managed to play in sufficient international games, then he might get a work permit successfully. If he's still with Paraguayan side Sport Colombia, he possibly won't get selected for the senior side, though he will play a lot of U20 games. In all likelihood, moving to my club and La Liga in Spain, has improved his reputation a lot, not to mention that he's performed superbly, since I threw him in at the deep end. :)

Archived