Competition Rankings

I've been trying to get the Indian National Football League up through the system and to the top of the Asian Competition Rankings for a long time now, they have flew up the rankings to 8th ... but have been stuck in that position for five/six seasons now ...

What can i do to get the competition higher?

For the improvement of the league over where you currently are I believe you would need good performances from multiple teams in the Asian Club Championships, if you currently only have one Indian team qualifying for the Champions League then you need to try consistently winning it to lift the Coefficient (Found Here), not sure how you improve the number of slots awarded in Asia, but someone will know.

Possibly you could try to strengthen the other teams in your league by buying in players and then loaning them out to the competition if you can make improvements on their own squads, other than that not really sure what else you can do other than keep performing at a high level yourself.

For the improvement of the league over where you currently are I believe you would need good performances from multiple teams in the Asian Club Championships, if you currently only have one Indian team qualifying for the Champions League then you need to try consistently winning it to lift the Coefficient (Found Here), not sure how you improve the number of slots awarded in Asia, but someone will know.

Possibly you could try to strengthen the other teams in your league by buying in players and then loaning them out to the competition if you can make improvements on their own squads, other than that not really sure what else you can do other than keep performing at a high level yourself.

Thanks! :) The page you showed just displays qualification places and not coefficent though? :p

Simply put, unless someone from SI want to correct me here, Asia is completely buggered!

That page is both inaccurate and has no meaning for the game at all. There is no kind of coefficients used in Asia as it currently stands and instead the AFC have meetings to decide who gets more places. Because of this it seems that SI have just gone; "Yeah, bugger it, let's just make it static." As such, Asia's league coefficients suffer as they seem to base them on how well each team does from each league, and if a league has say, 4 instead of 1 or 2 qualified teams in the competition, then it will dominate the league rankings regardless. As Saudi Arabia, Iran and co have 4 teams in the group stages whilst Japan, Korea and Australia only have 2 the Arab nations dominate the league rankings to hell!

Also, that page on the screenshot, as I said is merely cosmetic and inaccurate. It says that Australia has no group stage positions, when Australia gets 2 teams straight into them.

Good work SI!

This should definitely be on the boxart for the next version: "If it isn't Europe, it isn't worth it!"

Simply put, unless someone from SI want to correct me here, Asia is completely buggered!

That page is both inaccurate and has no meaning for the game at all. There is no kind of coefficients used in Asia as it currently stands and instead the AFC have meetings to decide who gets more places. Because of this it seems that SI have just gone; "Yeah, bugger it, let's just make it static." As such, Asia's league coefficients suffer as they seem to base them on how well each team does from each league, and if a league has say, 4 instead of 1 or 2 qualified teams in the competition, then it will dominate the league rankings regardless. As Saudi Arabia, Iran and co have 4 teams in the group stages whilst Japan, Korea and Australia only have 2 the Arab nations dominate the league rankings to hell!

Also, that page on the screenshot, as I said is merely cosmetic and inaccurate. It says that Australia has no group stage positions, when Australia gets 2 teams straight into them.

Good work SI!

This should definitely be on the boxart for the next version: "If it isn't Europe, it isn't worth it!"

If what your saying is true then that sucks :( I hope someone from SI replies!

Success, money, fans, facilities, league structure and number of teams.

For example, Korea and Japan are by far the most successful nations in the competition, so they get 4 each in real life. They are also the richest and pull a lot of fans much of the time.

Then there's Australia, which is developing and only has 9 eligible teams next season, so two.

If you look around you could probably find the 2010 report.

You can still have a good game, and you can try and make yourself as good as the rest of Asia then the rest of the World as your own reputation isn't going to be too limited (hopefully).

My aim is to get the India National Football League as the top competition and India as the best team in the World ... much harder with me having to start in the champions league qualifying each year!!

Is there anyway to manually change the number of qualification places?

Not without changing the database before the game to my knowladge.

Doesn't matter anyhow as the Asian Champions League is rated at the same level as the Scottish Premier League and appears to have a static reputation, hence offering a limiting factor to any team wishing to progress. What is worse is that the Club World Cup is only slightly better and is apparently static too.

You can make an Indian team great, and get the national team to the top of the World, but sadly as Dynamic League Reputation is a lie outside of Europe you're a little stuck with that.

Archived