Blue side of the Mersey 2005 (FM Edition)

Nadessico

Sky Sports News 1st July 2004 10:00 am Merseyside Blues.

Everton’s Torrid summer continued today as Toffees manager David Moyes walked out of the club.

The former Everton boss said he was sad to go but didn’t feel the club had any ambition if all it could do was sell its top players.

Many people feel the terrible league performance and the power struggle in the back of Goodison also added to his decision and have demanded Bill Kenwright to hand over club affairs to someone capable of leading the team forward.

A few of Evertons mistakes

Sold Wayne Rooney to Manchester Utd 20 mil

Sold Francis Jeffers to Arsenal 8 mil

Sold Duncan Ferguson to Newcastle Utd 7mil bought back within a year for 3.8 mil

Sky Sports News 11th July 2004 10:00 am Another mistake by Kenwright?

Everton supremo Bill Kenwright may of made his last move as Everton chairman today signing rookie manager Chris Cook, A Preston youth scout as the new manager of Everton FC.

The new manager has never even been incharge of a football team and looks set to be the final bit of the catalyst that will make Everton’s premiership status Crash and Burn

Toffee TV 11th July 2004 12:00 pm Meet the manager

Dave Jones (interviewer): Hello and welcome to another addition of Toffee TV. I’m your host Dave Jones. And today we give u an exclusive first interview with new Everton Manager Chris Cook and Toffee veteran Duncan Ferguson. Welcome to the show

Chris Cook: Thanks for having me

Duncan Ferguson: Nice to be here again.

DJ Now Chris this is your first ever management job and you’ve been thrown into a bit of a warzone at the moment. How do you feel?

CC Well to be honest being a Everton fan I really wanted to follow David from Preston to the club but things never went that way. This is like a dream job for me and I hope to prove the faith shown in me by Bill to the fans. As for the war it has to be said these things happen. Rooney was going to go whether we liked it or not and David was under so much pressure because of it I can see why he needed a break.

DJ Duncan, I know its only been a couple of hours but how do you feel about your new manager and the loss of David?

DF David was a great manager, and although I had a few falling outs with him, I think the club, players and fans will all miss him. But these things happen, and hopefully it wont affect us too much. We just need to go out there and do our jobs to the best of our ability.

DJ Finally Chris, what are your plans for the new season.

CC Well we have a bit of cash to spend on a player or 2 but we are very limited. I think the first priority is to look at the squad and decide on where it needs boosting the most.

DJ Well guys. Good luck on the new season and hopefully we’ll see you in here again soon.

Managers log 11th July 2005

After the press conference I decided to look at my first team and choose who to let go and who to keep

The Team

Goalkeepers

Nigel Martyn: Number 1 choice despite his age. May be replaced if Wright does well

Richard Wright: Slipped from number 1 but a lot younger that Martyn, probably first choice for next year

Ian Turner: Young keeper. Has a promising future

Defenders

Alex Pistone: Good Right back but may find it hard to stay in team with Hibbert around

Alan Stubbs: Strong in the centre, may need replacing soon

David Weir: Strong in the centre, may need replacing soon

Joseph Yobo: Great hot player, must keep at all costs

Tony Hibbert: Young right back, will put Pistone under pressure

Gary Naysmith: Only real left winger, hopefully will do the job.

Midfield

Li Tie: Good midfielder, will be used mainly as sub and cover for Gravesen

Thomas Gravesen: Head of the midfield. Needs to sign new contract

Leon Osman: Good young AM.

Kevin Kilbane: Left winger, rotation with McFadden

Tim Cahill: Another good looking AM

James McFadden: Young winger, hopefully our main danger down the flank

Attackers

Marcus Bent: Really the only striker in the team. Needs a good partner

Nick Chadwick: Still young but not quite first team material

Kevin Campbell: Needs to go, wages too high

Duncan Ferguson: if willing to take a pay drop will keep.

This leaves me with 10.25mil to spend and a few players to loose.

My main priority is Defence and Attack.

Sky Sports News Thurs 15th July. Ferguson parts with toffees.

Duncan Ferguson today parted company with Everton FC Via Mutual contract termination.

The 32 year old is said to be sad to leave the Merseyside outfit but is already looking for another club.

Mr Cook thanked Duncan for his services but felt that the club needed to free up some money for new players.

Sky Sports News Tues 20th July. Cooks makes first signing.

Everton today confirmed the signing of 27 year old Poland international Maciej Zurawski for a fee of 2.5 Million. The player turned down bids from Aston Villa and Benfica for the blues saying, he felt he could offer more to the Toffees than Villa and the lure of Premiership football was too hard to refuse

Teamtalk.com Sun 25th July. Vanden Borre joins the Everton charge.

Anthony Vanden Borre has become the 2nd player to join the Goodison park outfit signing for 725k from Belgium team Anderletch. The 18 Year old is set to take over the DM position allowing Gravesen to push forward.

Also Everton have had a 3.1mil offer for Chelsea Scott Parker accepted.

BBC News Wed 28th July. Parker pushes Carsley and Watson out

Everton’s new signing Scott Parker has arrived as fans say goodbye to Lee Carsley who joined West Brom today on a free transfer and Steve Watson who joins Portsmouth for a fee of 500k

English Premier Division Sat 14th July Everton V Southampton

Team: Martyn, Stubbs, Yobo, Hibbert, Naysmith, Li Tie, Gravesen, Parker, Kilbane, Bent, Zurawski (Subs) Wright, Pistone, Weir, Cahill, Chadwick

Formation: 4-1-3-2

Goal Scorers: Zurawski (5) Beattie (Pen 45,Pen 51)

Yellow Cards: Parker

Attendance: 38625

Man of the match: Claus Lundekvan

Final score (HT): Everton 1 (1-1) 2 Southampton

Comments: Basically we were screwed. Southampton had 2 attacks and both ended in pens. We really should of won this one. Good performance though, specially up front.

h Premier Division[/b] Wed 18th August Bolton V Everton

Team: Martyn, Stubbs, Yobo, Hibbert, Naysmith, Li Tie, Gravesen, Parker, Kilbane, Bent, Zurawski (Subs) Wright, Pistone, Weir, Cahill, Chadwick

Goal Scorers: Speed (55) Gravesen (80)

Yellow Cards: Parker, Li Tie

Attendance: 27469

Man of the match: Thomas Gravesen

Final score (HT): Bolton 1 (0 - 0) 1 Everton

Comments: Well that was a bit of a close one. Bolton seemed the better team, but once again we gave away a pen, luckily Martyn was up to it. Happy with a point.

Sky Sports News Sat August 21st. How’d u Adu

Everton today confirmed that they have signed American Starlett Freddy Adu for a fee of 325k. The 15 year old starlet has been lighting up the American leagues and Everton hope he’ll do the same here.

English Premier Division Sat August 21st Everton V Chelsea

Team: Martyn, Stubbs, Yobo, Hibbert, Naysmith, Gravesen,Cahill, Parker, Kilbane, Bent, Zurawski (Subs) Wright, Pistone, Weir, Li Tie, Chadwick

Goal Scorers: Lampard (23)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 36772

Man of the match: Ricardo Carvalho

Final score (HT): Everton 0 (0-1) 1Chelsea

Comments: Well they say no matter how bad it looks theres always a good side. Ours would be we never gave away a pen for once

ITV ITN News Sat August 24th. Amoruso joins rivals

Everton today signed Lorenzo Amoruso from Blackburn for a fee of 500k in an attempt to strengthen his back 4. The 33 year old may be past his peak but Chris Cook still feels he has something to offer the team.

• 3 weeks later...

August

I’m feeling the pressures of being a premiership manager already. Loosing to Chelsea and Man Utd is understandable but when it comes to loosing to Crystal Palace, then something is just not right with the team.

Our first match of the new month is against Norwich and is a must win match. Arsenal is up next in a match I’m dreading followed by Birmingham in another must win match and Sunderland in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup.

Our transfers seem to be more out than in with 8.75 mil going out and only 1.2 mil in but hopefully I picked up a few Gems in the bargin bucket which should help the team next month

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

14.8.04 Southmanton H Premier Division 1:2 38625 Maciej Zurawski 6

18.8.04 Bolton A Premier Division 1:1 27469 Thomas Gravesen 81

21.8.04 Chelsea H Premier Division 0:1 36722

25.8.04 Crystal Palace A Premier Division 1:3 24492 Thomas Gravesen 21

28.8.04 Manchester United H Premier Division 2:0 40230

Top of the table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag GD Pts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Tottenham 5 3 2 0 8 3 +5 11

2nd Aston Villa 5 3 1 1 8 2 +6 10

3rd Chelsea 5 3 1 1 9 4 +5 10

4th Liverpool 4 3 1 0 5 2 +3 10

</pre>

Bottom of the Table

15th Middlesbough 5 1 1 3 2 6 -4 4

16th Blackburn 5 1 0 4 5 10 -5 3

17th Man City 5 1 0 4 4 11 -7 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Crystal Palace 5 1 0 4 3 11 -8 3

</pre>

19th Everton 5 0 1 4 3 9 -6 1

</pre>

20th Portsmouth 5 0 1 4 1 8 -7 1

</pre>

================================================================================================

July/August 2004 Transfers

================================================================================================

Date Player In From Fee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

19.7.04 Maciej Zurawski Wisla £2.5M

24.7.04 Anthony Vanden Borre Anderlecht £725K

28.7.04 Scott Parker Chelsea £3.2M

24.8.04 Lorenzo Amoruso Blackburn £500K

29.8.04 Joleon Lescott Wolves £1.7M

Date Player Out To Fee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

15.7.04 Duncan Ferguson Free Free

26.7.04 Lee Carsley West Brom Free

31.7.04 Steve Watson Portsmouth £500K

29.8.04 Ian Turner West Brom £650K

</pre>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finnaly got some time to do some more on my story lol i have actually been playing a bit while i was away so i've skipped 2 years

and Terk, u'll be happy to know i got relegated lol

we're currently on the 2007 season

Other seasons are as follows

2004/2005 20th Premier Division

2005/2006 1st Championship

2006/2007 9th Premiership

Players in/out

2004/2005

In

player Club price

Maciej Zurawsk Wisla £2.5M

Anthony Vanden Borre Anderlecht £725K

Scott Parker Chelsea £3.2M

Lorenzo Amoruso Blackburn £500K

Joleon Lescott Wolves £1.7M

Out

player Club price

Duncan Ferguson Released Free

Lee Carsley West Brom Free

Steve Watson Portsmouth £500K

Ian Turner West Brom £650K

2005/2006

In

player Club price

Viana Hugo Newcastle £575K

El-Hadji Diouf Liverpool £3M

Bradley Carnell Free Transfer Free

Dean Ashton Crewe £3.2M

Out

player Club price

Kevin Kilbane Tottenham £1.2M

James Mcfadden Celtic £3.3M

Kevin Campbell Free Transfer Free

Nigel Martyn Free Transfer Free

Lorenzo Amoruso Free Transfer Free

Alessandro Pistone Free Transfer Free

Gary Naysmith Free Transfer Free

David Weir Bradford City Free

Patrick Boyle Plymouth £65K

2006/2007

In

player Club price

Matthew Upson Birmingham Free

Lauren Arsenal Free

Freddy Adu Free Transfer Free

Iain Turner West Brom £1.1M

Zdenek Grygera Ajax £3.4M

Out

player Club price

Alan Stubbs Free Transfer Free

Joseph Yobo Aston Villa £6M

2007/2008

In

player Club price

Robert Green Norwich Free

Berbatov Dimitar Leverkusen Free

James Milner Newcastle £9M

Out

player Club price

Joleon Lescott Crystal Palace £1.5M

2007/2008 Results/League

H Newcastle: 3-0 Zurawski, Dean Ashton(2)

A Southampton: 1-1 Zurawski

H West Brom: 2-1 Berbatov, Diouf

A Fulham: 3-1 Parker, Cahill, Adu

League Table after 4 games (top 5)

P W D L F A GD Pts

Arsenal 4 4 0 0 12 2 10 12

Everton 4 3 1 0 9 3 6 10

Man Utd 4 3 0 1 8 2 6 9

Chelsea 4 3 0 1 7 2 5 9

Portsmouth 3 2 1 0 6 4 2 7

so lets get on with the show

Toffee TV

E=Editor

CC= Chris Cook

DA= Dean Ashton

E: Welcome to another editon of meet the manager here on Toffee TV. Today marks the 4th year of mr Cook reign at Goodison park, which has had its highs and lows. So Mr Cook, how are things going?

CC: they're going great, i think this may be the beginning of our push for europe and silverware. We have some great lads in the team now and we've had a great start to the season.

E: Well we've had a few up and down seasons at Goodison, what has been your best and worse moments?

CC: well without a doubt the worse has to be when we got relegated in my first season incharge. But they say sometimes you have to go down to get better and we've proved that, We went from struggling in the premiership to being a top 10 contender in 2 seasons.

My best moment would have to be our 27 game unbeaten run in the championship, sure we're a big team but at that time we'd lost a lot of good players and it was nice to see the team rebuild and re-gel together.

E: now Dean was one of the biggest assets to your promotion chase and is still a big feature in the team today. Where do you see yourself with Everton as the team grows from strength to strength?

DA: Well as you say, i'm still a first team player even with 2 of the best strikers in the premiership in the starting line up. Zurawski has mentioned retiring soon, and although i know we'll miss him, its a great chance for me to make it into the team. After all, if i become as good as him, thats money saved on signing a new striker.

E: well thanks for your comments, we hope to speak with you again very soon.

English Premier League Saturday 8th September 2007

Everton V Aston Villa

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Hibbert, Milner,Osman, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Cahill,Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Formation: 4-4-2

Goal Scorers: Berbatov (17)

Yellow Cards: Milner

Attendance: 40235

Man of the match: Tim Borowski

Final score (HT): Everton 1 (1-0) 0 Aston Villa

Comments: Milner made his debute for us atlast after being out for most of pre season

Villa's best chance came from ex Toffee yobo who made Green have to dive for the post, apart from that little to worry about.

Next up, Bradford in the league cup

Carling Cup 2nd round Tuesday 18th September 2007

Everton V Bradford City

Team: Turner, Carnell, Fox, Gerrard, Vanden Borre, Milner, Vianna, Gravesen, Hopkins, Bent, Chadwick (Subs) Green, Cahill, Laren, Ashton, Berbatov

Goal Scorers: Bent (52) Forrest (72)Berbatov (88)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 31163

Man of the match: James Milner

Final score (HT): Everton 2 (0-0) 1 Bradford City

Comments: The 2nd team had a good run out till the Bradford goal, but once i brought Berbatov on the bradford defence just fell apart.

Other news: Vianna has left the club after agreeing to a mutual termination of his contract. The club say its an attempt to lower its wage bill.

English Premier League Monday 24th September 2007

Bolton Vs Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Osman, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Cahill,Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Osman(8) Gardner (88)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 27476

Man of the match: Robert Green

Final score (HT):Bolton 1(0) V (1)1 Everton

Comments: Could of gone better, should of won in the end

English Premier League Saturday 29th September 2007

Everton vs Arsenal

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Osman, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Cahill,Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Serhat (24)Osman (65)Van Persie (69)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 40246

Man of the match: Robin Van Persie

Final score (HT):Everton 1 (0)V (1)2 Arsenal

Comments: Good try at a fight back but nothing from it in the end.

The September Review]/b]

H Aston Villa 1-0 Berbatov

H Bradford City 2-1 Bent, Berbatov

A Bolton 1-1 Osman

H Arsenal 1-2 Osman

League Table after 4 games (top 5)

P W D L F A GD Pts

Arsenal 8 7 0 1 20 5 15 21

Chelsea 8 6 1 1 16 4 12 19

Man Utd 8 6 0 2 16 6 10 18

Portsmouth 6 5 1 0 13 5 8 16

Everton 7 4 2 1 12 6 6 14

Octobers Matches

H= Home A = Away PL each premiership C = cup

A Blackburn PL

A Manchester Utd PL

H Portsmouth PL

A Charlton C (3rd round of the Carling Cup)

A Middlesbrough PL

English Premier League Wednesday 3rd October 2007

Blackburn Vs Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Osman, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Cahill, Hibbert, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Zurawski (35)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 31336

Man of the match: El Hadji Diouf

Final score (HT): Blackburn (0)0 vs 1 (1) Everton

Comments: Another win and another match without a single yellow card

Daily Star Monday 8Th October 2007

Fixture flurry

Everton Manager Chris Cook today joined the growing ranks of managers complaining bout the FA's tight fixtures for the month.

Evertons match against Manchester United was persponed due to Englands European championship qualifying campeign and giving the toffees a 2 weeks break but they were repaid by having to play they're next 6 games with less than 4 days break between each match

"I can't see how the FA expect us to have a fit team if we're playing so oftern. You don't see the FA suspending matches so we can get ready to play Man Utd and then give England 4 internations in less than 2 weeks."

Nowt wrong with Diouf, he got MOM after all icon_wink.gif

BTW the longest Everton story would be 13ltz's one which had something to do with Gerbils and engines or something with Gerbils any way in the title.

That one lasted ages

god its got simonsen, how long ago lol

and mr Diouf was the man of the season for me in the chapionship (when most of my big names left) so i sort of owe him 1

just wait till end of season. 15mil in champ league rewards will get a good replacement lol

English Premier League Sunday 21st October 2007

Everton Vs Portsmouth

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Osman, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Cahill, Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Yakubu (1)Milner(11)Upson(27)Green (87)

Yellow Cards: Milner

Attendance: 36359

Man of the match: Carlo Cudichini

Final score (HT): Everton 2 (2) Vs (1) 2 Portsmouth

Comments: we really should of won this one, bad defending at the end cost us

b]English Carling Cup[/b] Wednesday 24th October 2007

Charlton Vs Everton

Team: Turner, Carnell, Grygera, Vanden Borre Hibbert, Milner, Cahill, Gravesen, Osman, Ashton, Adu (Subs) Green, Zurawski, Lauren, Diouf, Berbatov

Goal Scorers: Zurawski (83)(88) Walker (85)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 23462

Man of the match: Iain Turner

Final score (HT): Charlton 1 (0) Vs (0) 2 Everton

Comments: Once again my 2 sub strikers couldn't win the game and so its up to the oldtimer to save the day

Sky Sports News Saturday 27th October

Well the 4th round of the Carling Cup has just been drawn and with 3 games of top flight teams facing eachother.

Wigan host Bolton in the biggest match of tie as the north west Derby while Everton Travel to Birmingham and Chelsea head off to Wolves

Javier Aguirre's Manchester Utd continue in their quest to maintain the cup at Sheffield Wednesday.

Full Cup Draw

Blackburn V Q.P.R

Oldham V Tottenham

Sheffield Wednesday V Man Utd

Coventry City V Middlesbrough

Wigan Athletic V Bolton

Burnley V Liverpool

Birmingham City V Everton

Wolves V Chelsea

English Premier League Monday 29th October

Last game of a not to bad month. A win will keep us in 4th, a loss will put the chasing pack on our tails again. However i have lost Leon Osman for a month due to an injury vs Charlton and so its up to Cahill to prove why he should be in the starting 11 aswell as for Gravesen to earn himself a new contract.

Middlesbrough V Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Cahill, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Gravesen, Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Anelka (17)Milner (44)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 35070

Man of the match: James Milner

Final score (HT):Middlesbrough 1 (1) V (1) 1 Everton

Comments:Milner is really proving he's worth the 9 million i spent on him, not a bad result but i expected a win really.

October Review/November Preview

Not a bad month really won 2 drew 2 still hot on a top 4 position. I think i'm going to miss Osman though. November starts off ok. Palace and Wolves in the league, Birmingham in the cup. Then comes Man Utd and Chelsea icon_frown.gif

We won 2 awards though, Diouf Won player of the month and Milner won Young player of the month, with Adu 3rd.

Results

A Blackburn 0-1 Zurawski

H Portsmouth 2-2 Upson, Milner

A(cup) Charlton 1-2 Zurawski x2

A Middlesbrough 1-1 Milner

English Premiership league table [Top 5]

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> P W D L F A GD Pts

Chelsea 11 8 2 1 22 6 16 26

Man Utd 10 8 0 2 21 7 14 24

Arsenal 11 8 0 3 23 11 12 24

Portsmouth 9 6 2 1 17 8 9 20

Everton 10 5 4 1 16 9 7 19 </pre>

Fixtures

H= Home A = Away PL each premiership C = cup

H Crystal Palace PL

A Birmingham C (4th round of the Carling Cup

A Wolves PL

H Chelsea PL

A Manchester United PL

English Premier league Saturday 3rd November

Everton V Crystal Palace

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Cahill, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Gravesen, Vanden Borre, Ashton, Adu

Goal Scorers: Parker (41) Milner(81)

Yellow Cards: Gravesen, Vanden Borre

Attendance: 32108

Man of the match: El Hadji Diouf

Final score (HT):Eveton 2 (1) V (0) 0 Crystal Palace

Comments: Well expected win, europe is looking a real possiblity at the moment

And in other news, Liverpool haved sacked manager Bo Johansson, not surprising that they're sat in 11th. Does an Everton fan's heart good icon_smile.gif

English Carling Cup 4th round Wednesday 7th November

Birmingham V Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Cahill, Parker, Diouf, Berbatov, Adu (Subs) Turner, Gravesen, Vanden Borre, Ashton, Zurawiski

Goal Scorers: Dunn (6)Heskey (37) Euell (77)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 24055

Man of the match: Jason Brown

Final score (HT): Birmingham 3 (2) V (0) 0 Everton

Comments: Terrible game, don't see how it could of got any worse. oh well, on to the FA Cup

English Premier league Saturday 17th November

Wolves V Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Vanden Borre, Lauren, Milner,Cahill, Gravesen, Diouf, Ashton, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Parker, Grygera, Bent, Hibbert

Formation: 4-4-2 (diamond)

Goal Scorers: Heath (6),Cahill(35), Bent(70) Allen (79)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 28638

Man of the match: Olofinjana

Final score (HT): Wolves 2 (1) V (1) 2 Everton

Comments: not too bad again since i'm missing a 3rd of my first team to injury

English Premier league Saturday 17th November

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Milner,Cahill, Gravesen, Diouf, Parker, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Ashton, Vanden Borre, Bent, Hibbert

Formation: 4-5-1

Goal Scorers: Gravesen(23) Duff (38), (47) Zurawski (50)

Yellow Cards:

Attendance: 40183

Man of the match: Duff

Final score (HT): Everton 2 (1) V (1) 2 Chelsea

Comments:A very good point from my point of view, specially seeing i'm still missing 2 key players.

• 1 month later...

Woooooo time to play the story again lol. i hate real life

Saturday 1st December 2007

Another month was over and another year was set to follow.

I felt the year had been going well so far. And so did Bill (Kenwright). He After our chat about the past month i started to get ready for todays match with Birmingham. But as i left he had one thing to say.

BK Oh Chris, Don't forget to congradulate young James (Milner) for being the first Everton youngster in a while to win the young player of the month award for 3 months in a row.

CC He won again? blimey, the kids on fire at the moment

BK Yes he is. And i'm sure your award will come soon too.

English Premier league Saturday 1st December

Birmingham V Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Osman, Parker, Milner, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Hibbert, Cahill, Aston, Vanden Borre

Subs used:

Vanden Borre - Carnell (63)

Cahill - Osman (63)

Ashton - Zurawski (63)

Goal Scorers: Matusovic (5), Berbatov(24, 35)Parker (43) Diouf (85)

Yellow Cards: Carnell, Cahill

Attendance: 29994

Man of the match: El-Hadji Diouf

Final score (HT): Biringham 1 (1) - (3) 4 Everton

Comments: On fire. Thats all that i can say, a shakey start but the team went on to destroy Birmingham. Hopefully Berbatov is about to hit form

Monday 3rd December 2007

FA Cup Rnd 3 Draw

Well we've been drawn to face Either Southend or Lincoln (sounds like a certain league two playoff fixture lol) away in the 3rd round. Personally i'd like to face Lincoln and return to my home town for the day.

Saturday 8th December 2007

Marcus Bent today left us to join Preston on loan for 3 months. He's been getting fed up of being on the sidelines, and i think he just needs to prove himself to potential buyers as i don't see him winning a new contract this year.

Sunday 9th December 2007

Sky Sports One

Richard Keys Well its time for one of the Premierships biggest matches of the season. Its the Merseyside Derby.

Everton host Liverpool in a battle for pride more than anything really, with Liverpool down in 10th. But before we go to our match commentators. Lets get a few words from Everton Manager Chris Cook

CC Hello Richard, nice to speak to you again

RK So Chris, how do you fancy your chances today

CC Well lets face it, We're comming off a good run, and Liverpool are struggling this season. we're at full force. I think we can go out and win this one.

RK Well your team are in a potential champions league position. Do you think you can hold on?

CC Well football isn't a predictable sport. Who'd think a team that was relegated 3 years ago would be doing so good now? But i feel if not the champions league then europe is a real posability for us

RK Well Chris, thanks for your time, and good luck in today match.

English Premier league Sunday 9th December

Everton V Liverpool

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Osman, Parker, Milner, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Adu, Cahill, Aston, Vanden Borre

Subs used:

Adu - Osman (60)

Cahill - Diouf (60)

Ashton - Zurawski (60)

Goal Scorers: Berbatov (30) Cisse (33) Parker (71)

Yellow Cards: Diouf

Attendance: 40223

Man of the match: Chris Kirkland

Final score (HT): Everton 2 (1) - (1) 1 Liverpool

Comments: Well Derby matches rarely bore us and this one was definatly proof of that. Some great end to end football, with both teams with a chance to steal the win, but we ended up on top. The Blue side of the mersey is the celibrating side today.

Manchester Utd Vs Everton

Team: Green, Carnell, Upson, Grygera, Lauren, Osman, Parker, Milner, Diouf, Berbatov, Zurawski (Subs) Turner, Adu, Cahill, Aston, Vanden Borre

Subs used:

Goal Scorers: Schweinsteiger (11) Atouba (45) Berbatov (64)

Yellow Cards: Lauren

Attendance: 74172

Man of the match: Cristiano Ronaldo

Final score (HT): Manchester Utd 2 (2) - (0) 1 Everton

Comments: well my defensive gamble didn't work out, and unfortunatly we left ourselves too late to make the fight back.

Archived