neat short passing game

in order to implement this passing system would it be wise to play slow tempo with time wasting quite high?would it also be wise to play with narrow width or can short passing still work with a wide formation?i'm struggling to understand the time wasting slider,does it mean that players will dwell on the ball?

The answer that I have found most useful.... timewasting = urgency of play; tempo = speed at which the ball is played around, once a play is "on". There's a great post about tempo & timewasting that you can find with a search, highly recommended.

It depends on what kind of short-passing game you want to play. Short-passing doesn't just mean relaxed tippy-tappy football, it can also mean incisive attacking football. If you want to play more like Barca, dominating possession and patiently probing the defense, increase time-wasting and lower the tempo. If you're looking to aggressively press your opponent and overwhelm them with a flurry of quick passes, lower time-wasting and increase the tempo.

I would like to think that Dankrzyz was refering to an old thread of mine: Time Wasting - is more than simply wasting time? .

My view is that, as pointed out above, Timewasting determines how often you pass the ball around. So, for me, a high timewasting setting would indicate that your players are holding onto the ball more often and waiting for a good break. A low timewasting settings would indicate that your players are continually passing the ball around try to make something happen.

Tempo is completley seperate as it would indicate how quick the ball is played when you are in a move.

So... some all inclusive examples might help:

1. Low Timewasting / High Tempo:

YOurs players are continuouslypassing the ball around at speed, trying to make something happen.

2. Low Timewasting / Low Tempo:

Your players are playing a possession game that is keeping the ball moving, but the players have time on the ball and are passing when they need to.

3. High Timewasting / High Tempo (My favourite).

Your players dwell on the ball, seemingly drawing the opposition out of position, when they see a break, the play is on and the ball is moved around very fast.

In the above thread, I do make reference to NOT using any of the extream settings unless you have to. The game worked very well for me within the far ends of the normal settings.

There is a lot of good stuff in teh thread from others too... so it is worth a read if this is someting that interests you.

Rgards

LAM

Archived