FM 2008: Welcome to Vicente Calderón - Home of Atlético Madrid!

manu legend

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Transfer Window Update

Transfers

12132007213443zf0.th.jpg

Squad

12132007213518sw6.th.jpg

Spanish Super Cup

12132007213613ic2.th.jpg

European Super Cup

12132007213649mq3.th.jpg

Targets for the Season

- Retain teh Spanish League

- Get to teh 1st Knockout stages of the CL. My group Btw includes Chelsea, Juventus and Spartak Moscow icon_frown.gif

- Get to the Semi Finals of teh Spanish Cup

Roll on the season \o/

Originally posted by Robokid87:

i made two signings for atletico, villa from valencia and Arteta from Everton, after i sold maxi rodriguez to lazio, semi final of the uefa cup and to of the spanish league icon_cool.gif

How much did you get Villa for? Usually Valencia don't sell him and even if they do it is around £40m and Atletico don't have that much in the first season.

How much did you get Villa for? Usually Valencia don't sell him and even if they do it is around £40m and Atletico don't have that much in the first season.

The manager had just criticized him because he hadn't scored in 12, so i put in an offer of 20M (from the Rodriguez transfer) and they accepted, he only wanted a small salery because he disliked the manager. this happened in october and after it had been confirmed he scored in every game until he joined me.

Originally posted by Robokid87:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How much did you get Villa for? Usually Valencia don't sell him and even if they do it is around £40m and Atletico don't have that much in the first season.

The manager had just criticized him because he hadn't scored in 12, so i put in an offer of 20M (from the Rodriguez transfer) and they accepted, he only wanted a small salery because he disliked the manager. this happened in october and after it had been confirmed he scored in every game until he joined me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that must have been a real bargain getting him for £20m. Villa and Aguero partnarship upfront must be superb mate.

Anyway We've made a good start to the season, winning all our games so far including a 2-0 win over Juventus. Gyan has been fb! He's got 7 in 6 and is developing a great partnership with Aguero.

so finished the first season.

league tables:

1.At.Madrid 95 pts

2.Sevilla 80pts

3.Barcelona 76 pts

won the UEFA CUP , and my cuent team is:

Leo Franco

Seitaridis Pablo Pablo Luis Garcia

Maxi Rod. Luis Garcia Dzsudzsak Aarital(Simao)

Aguero

Reyes(Forlan)

Players in:

dzsudzsak

aaritalo

ever banega

matias fernandes(joins me at end of season)

Players out:

Raul Garcia-9.5mil euros

Maniche-5mil euros

Mista-loan

well keep posting

Well done on winning the league and Uefa Cup mate icon14.gif

Good team aswell although I would play a holding midfield player instead of Dzsudzsak. You need to improve your defence as Perea isn't good enough and who's Garcia (the one playing at LB for you) as I think Antonio Lopes should play there as he has been brilliant for me.

Originally posted by dan sima:

grrr sorry Antonio Lopes in LB .. and yeah i need a good CD i want to buy Zapata or Garay any other sugestions?

I'd look at Zapata (who has been great for me and is my captain) and Garay who is fb. Breno and Samba are other cheaper options icon14.gif

Started a new game with atletico after getting bored of my Bayern Save

First Season:

Players in: Ever Banega, Armando Gun

Players out: Raul Garcia, Miguel, Maniche

League: finished SEcond

Uefa Cup: Got to the final lost to Bayern

Copa del Rey: Quater-Final

Second Season:

Players in: Cavani, Zarate, Van den Borre, Plasil,

Players out: Forlan,

La Liga: Won the title in the last game

Champions league: Lost to Chelsea on the Semi-Finals

Copa del Rey: Quater-finals

Currently on Preseason during the third season:

Players in: none so far

Players out: Perea, Falcao, Eller

Also Got Leicester as a Feeder Club and a Chineese club for a commercial, and Terminated the Link with some of the deadweight feeder clubs that were only grey players

I've started with Atletico, I'm currently in contention for 2nd with Valencia and Depor- Barcelona are 9 points clear and looking unstoppable. Anyway I'm a bit worried about my Profit/Loss being 1.58m in the red, does any major financial worry come because of this?

Also, recommendations for a dirt cheap all round defender and a cheap striker would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by terrier4life:

I've started with Atletico, I'm currently in contention for 2nd with Valencia and Depor- Barcelona are 9 points clear and looking unstoppable. Anyway I'm a bit worried about my Profit/Loss being 1.58m in the red, does any major financial worry come because of this?

Also, recommendations for a dirt cheap all round defender and a cheap striker would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

Chris Samba and Bogdan Stancu?

Originally posted by Morganho_3:

Don't sell Raul Garcia! I use a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Raul Garcia behind Agüero and Simão and Reyes in the wings, and he scores loads of goals! Even when Agüero can't break the opposition, he scores! He scores loads of headers as well.

He did well for me aswell but I got offered £15m from Milan which was too good to refuse.

End of Season 08/09 Update

Squad

12252007154302fr8.th.jpg

Spanish First Division

12252007154329jq6.th.jpg

Spanish Cup

12252007154428fx3.th.jpg

Champions League

Crashed out in teh semi finals icon_frown.gif ;

1st Leg

12252007154513tz4.th.jpg

2nd Leg

12252007154637eo4.th.jpg

Unlucky to lose imo as we created more chances in both legs but were guilty of not converting our chances and we paid teh price.

Managers Own

Top 3 players

Asamaoh Gyan - 49 goals and 28 assists aswell as 18 MoM in his 1st season with us says it all. Worth every penny of the amount I paid for him.

Matias Fernandez - Had a brilliant season from the LW with 14 goals and countless assists. e will move to his prefered AMC position next season.

Hugo Lloris - Looked assured between the sticks and kept 25 + clean sheet. Also made some outstanding saves in some crucial games.

Overall it was another great season. We retained the league in style finishing 10 points clear in teh end and added the Spanish Cup into our trophy cabinet. We also exeeded expectations in teh CL as we got to the Semis.

Will update later icon14.gif

Third Season I finished 4th well behind Barca and Madrid

Fourth Season:

Players in: Van der Vaart (Free Transfer), Wayne Bridge (Free Transfer), Van den Borre, Micah Richards, Georgino Windjaldum

Players Out: Luias Garcia have a hard time trying to sell the old guard (Simao, Maxi Rodriguez and Specially Reyes)

Finished second, draw in points with Barca and had beaten them 1-0 in the Calderon, However I had lost to them 4-1 in Nou Camp so title went to them.

Won Copa del Rey, Champions League Quaterfinals

Fifth:

Players in: Kameni

Players out: Leo Franco, still can´t sell Reyes

so i started the second season , 5 games in so far lost 2 games and won 3 .

players in:

Garay(15 mil)

Ustari(10 mil)

M.Fernandez(13 mil)

Song (Loan)

players out:

Perea(free)

javier m (6 mil)

will keep posting , i just recoverd Raul Garcia from injuri

Originally posted by dan sima:

so i started the second season , 5 games in so far lost 2 games and won 3 .

players in:

Garay(15 mil)

Ustari(10 mil)

M.Fernandez(13 mil)

Song (Loan)

players out:

Perea(free)

javier m (6 mil)

will keep posting , i just recoverd Raul Garcia from injuri

Very good signings mate. You should do well.

I'm taking a break from my At.Madrid game but will continue it at some point and still post in this thread icon14.gif

Guest pirlomania

I won First divison, and spanis cup. ( season 2008/2009).

But u think my team who to buy and sell ?? I think that i have to strengt mu midl field. Hamsik ? Banega ? Mashcerano ? Diaby ??

My team

sq [/img]

Won la Liga on fifth season thigns are looking great for sixth season

Players out: Reyes (Finally but had to sell for peanuts)

Playerse in: Fred, Criscito, Cech, Matias Fernandez.... All on free transfers however I had to offer big wages, specially to Criscirto who was playing for real Madrid and needed extra persuasion... I know Ill get in trobule when other players start demanding for wage parity but I feel saving the transfer money was well worth it

• 1 month later...

In March first season I've done this:

Transfers In:

Andrea Barzagli

Rafinha

John Alvåbge

Dusan Djuric

Henrik Larsson

Sergey Ignashevich

Out:

Maniche - Chelsea

Ze Castro - Palermo

Leo Franco - Rennes

Starting Eleven

GK: Abbiati

DL: Antonio López (My best player so far)

DC: Pablo

DC: Andrea Barzagli

DR: Rafinha

DM: Sergey Ignashevich/Raúl García

AML: José Reyes

AMC: Maxi Rodriguez/Raúl García

AMR: Simão

FC: Sergio Agüero

FC: Diego Forlan/Henrik Larsson

League: Currently 2nd

Cup: In final vs R.Madrid

UEFA: In QF vs Valencia

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a game as Atletico, still on 8.0.1.

Made some transfers:

-In:

- Andrea Barzagli 11M

- Fernando Belluschi 5M

- Lulinha 2,8M (Coming in 2008)

- Flamini - loan

Outs:

-Maxi Rodriguez 12M to Arsenal

My team for first season:

GK: Leo Franco

DL: Antonio Lopez

DC: Pablo

DC: Barzagli

DR: Seitaridis

MR: Belluschi / Simao

MC: Flamini

ML: Reyes / Simao

AMC: Sergio Aguero

AMC: Luis Garcia

FC: Forlan

Will update when in January.

Just started a new game with Atletico yesterday evening using the 802 patch. As I know from my earlier game with 801, the club has an abundance of attacking players and flair, but is lacking in defense, especially in the DMC position.

A change that needs to be made to your team at the start is to sack or renegotiate a contract with all the youth coaches. So seeing as we didn't have much money to spend, I decided to only bring in Makelele as an experienced DMC, and use the rest of the money to pay off most of my coaches and bring in quality ones from other teams.

With the media prediction being that we should finish 7th, my own goal for the first season will be to finish 4th, thus gaining an ECL place for season 2. I did play some extra friendlies before the first Euro Vase match we played. Seems like I'm going for a 4-1-3-2 formation with wingers, and that Forlan is still a great striker, even given his low composure.

When I've played some competitive matches, I'll place some screenshots and an update.

Well, i started a game with Atletico as well, using the 8.02 patch.

I just finished my first season, so here it goes...:

I came 3rd, a little behind from Real Madrid and way behind from Barca....she was simply unstoppable !!!!

I also won the Spanish Cup against Real Madrid....that was some game!

Lastly, i din't do very well in the UEFA Cup...sadly....

Anyway, i mainly used a 4-1-3-2 formation at home and a 4-4-1-1 away.....

My main transfers were:

Garay....the guy is just brilliant ! He scored like 20 goals (i am not kidding) from corners and free kicks.

Song on loan from Arsenal (he did ok)

Helder Barbosa from Porto. Very good and second season even better stats

and some very good youth..the usual...Saivet, Sakho....but never really played during first season

I sold...well.....noone during the first season...

Second Season (i just began)

Summer transfers:

Ufjalusi (free)

Albiol

some young players

Sold:

Forlan (though he was quite good) for 20m euros to Milan

Seitaridis (5,5m euros to Birmingham)

Castro (11m to Aston Villa)

I cannot sell Eller, Santana and Mista...!!!!! yet!

Everyone wants Garay, R. Garcia and Maxi !!!!

But they only offer me like 23m for Garay....NO WAY !!!!!

I still have some days left for transfer window....i desperately need a holding DMC and a striker !!!! Also, i'm trying to get Barragan and Ochoa....

I will let you know how it goes along......

So, definetely a challenge game with them !

I mean it's very satisfactory to end the season just behind the main two big teams in Spain!

Now, let's see how the 2nd season will go along and the Champions League.

P.S: Barca beat me on both occasions, though i beat them in the Cup.

Real was beaten by Atletico on BOTH occasions!!!!!!!!!

@hellas77 Barca will be quite unstoppable as far as I can remember from my 801 game. But, since you're already more than a season in, how much transfer kitty did you receive for the january window, which is where you'd probably have bought Garay and the others?

Nice to see someone writing here icon_smile.gif.

After 8 games (5won 3draws) , I'm 2nd in the league 2pts behind Barca, and 2pts in front of R. Madrid.

I'm really happy, the goal for this season is top 4, so I hope I'll make it.

In UEFA got Sparta Praga, Girondins Bordeaux, Standard and Debrecen in group. Won my first game vs Debrecen 2-0.

cheers !

How are you doing?? Im in 15th January and after 19 games 2nd position behind Barcelona losing 5pts to them. Pity I lost a game with them 4-1 at Camp Nou, but Barcelona seems to be unstopable.

I've won against Real Madrid 3-1 at Santiago Bernabeu ! A Great win.

In UEFA cup I'm in 1/16 with Palermo, hope to win with them as half of they squad is sold as always icon_wink.gif

What do you think , who would be better for my MC with an arrow to DMC for 2nd season - Alou Diarra or Lucas from L'pool ?

Hi guys !!!

An update for my Atletico game. Just finishes second season.

@ Heron: I bought Garay during the first summer window for 15m euros. I only sold Perea for 7m in the first January window and my overall money spent in first season was 25m euros.

Now, second season i spent 36m and apart from some youth prospects like Musacchio and Max. Oliva i got M. Fernandez. I also received 44m (sellint Seitaridis, Braulio, Ze Castro and Forlan).

Now, the good news!!!!

I managed to finish second this time (not third) just behind Barca (again!) and in front of Real Madrid. I was knocked out from Spanish Cup by Osasuna BUT i managed to win the Champions League !!!!! That's right. The two most thrilling games was the one against Inter (i lost the first match away 4-1 and i beat them at home 3-0) and against the rivals !!! (R. Madrid). The final was against Man Utd, which i beat them 2-1.

Overall i scored 103 goals and i received 37.

Now, i am in June 2009 and Tevez is coming for free !!!

@stgahoy: I'd say Lucas. The thing is that i am also looking to get someone in for that position ( i spent all previous season by playing either R. Garcia there or Albiol)....

So, i am looking at Javi Martinez, Diaby, Veloso, Zapater or even Pedretti.....some ideas.

I'll let you know how the summer window goes...

Hi all, my first post here. Was thinking about starting a save with Atletico; this would be my first game outside of the EPL. Basically I find the history and tradition of the club quite intriguing, so thought it might be worth a go. Anyway, I Just have two quick questions that will help me make up my mind on what to do:

Firstly; how hard is it to keep hold of Aguero? Is he happy/will he renew contract/will chairman accept bids over your head?

Second, what is the actual financial situation like? I mean, is this a club that can generate a decent amount of income?

Please be patient with my questions, as I said, I have no experience with the Spanish League, so I’m a blank slate when it comes to knowledge.

Cheers in advance.

Well with Aguero I renewed his contract at the start gave him clausule of 80M instead of 32M. He is playing good as hell, my best player with average of 7,6 in league and 7,85 in UEFA cup. Chelsea, Man UTD, Milan are interested all the time, but he is not unhappy.

And about the financal situation, I were loosing about 1,5M monthly, but from January I'm making a profit.

I'm really enjoying the Atletico game a lot of fun icon_smile.gif.

cheers for that. Can you give any advice on how 'interfering' the chairman is? I've had a good look at the team, and there certainly seems to be a weakness in central defence, plus all the midfielders seem pretty attacking, no one very strong in tackling etc. So if I were going to start a game I would def look to strengthen this area. From what others have written here, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to attract quality players. Would that be right?

@dzstone: the central defence will be fine, Pablo and Perea are good enough for the first season. The greatest problem is to get a defensive midfielder in. You could try to get one on loan, or sell some of the lesser players to raise some funds. Also, don't forget the option to put your excess wage budget back into the transfer funds.

I don't know how interfering the chairman is in 802, but in 801, they do accept large offers for Aguero or Maxi, especially if your bank balance is negative.

Originally posted by dzstone:

cheers for that. Can you give any advice on how 'interfering' the chairman is? I've had a good look at the team, and there certainly seems to be a weakness in central defence, plus all the midfielders seem pretty attacking, no one very strong in tackling etc. So if I were going to start a game I would def look to strengthen this area. From what others have written here, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to attract quality players. Would that be right?

I have strenghten my CB position with all the budget (11M) and loaned Flamini to take the DMC position I think that is a good idea to loan someone for the first season.

After 29games I'm 2nd - 11pts behind Barcelona (unbeaten x_x) and 5pts in front of R. Madrid. In 1/8 of UEFA cup playing with Galatasaray, and have really lucky drawing. And I can meet with the hardest rivals only at the final.

Will finish the season today (I hope at least) , will post transfers before 2nd season. Cheers icon_smile.gif

Finished league in 2nd place. Which made me really happy. In UEFA cup I've lost in 1/2 with Stuttgart (3-2 (H) 1-2 (A))

I've got 20M to spend saying I'll challange for the title this year. Here are my transfers before the 2nd season:

Ins:

- Alou Diarra £8,25M from Bordeaux

- Matias Fernandez £17M from Villarreal

- Federico Agliardi £10M from Palermo

- Zapata Cristian £20M from Udinese

- Lulinha £2,8M (Last season transfer realised now)

- Micheal Mancienne - loan from Chelsea

Total: £59M

Outs:

- Ze Castro to Schalke £8,5M

- Pablo to Valencia £15M

- Raul Garcia to Milan £15M

- Reyes to Valencia £19M + 20% next sale

- Miguel to West Ham £2M

- Jose Manuel Jurado to Deportivo £2,2M

Total: £62M

Cheers for this season. icon_smile.gif

Just loaned Jose Sosa from FC Bayern before the end of the transfer window, to have some cover for my midfield.

The second season starts now, just played two first league games both away.

Gimnastic - Atletico 1-5 (3x Aguero, 2x Luis Garcia)

Osasuna - Atletico ( Aguero, Luis Garcia

In Champions League got even a nice group:

Man utd, Sporting and Le Mans. Hope I'll go through.

Cheers.

Originally posted by stgahoy:

Just loaned Jose Sosa from FC Bayern before the end of the transfer window, to have some cover for my midfield.

The second season starts now, just played two first league games both away.

Gimnastic - Atletico 1-5 (3x Aguero, 2x Luis Garcia)

Osasuna - Atletico 0-2 ( Aguero, Luis Garcia)

In Champions League got even a nice group:

Man utd, Sporting and Le Mans. Hope I'll go through.

Cheers.

Just finished my first season with Atletico. Had a rotten start to the season because I was trying out some new tactic, which I only could get to work on the defensive side. Resulting in me drawing 7 winning 5 in the first 12 games. So at the beginning of December I switched to a one touch 4-2-3-1 (with 3 AMC's behind the striker), which got me some better attacking play.

Brought in Makelele on loan while only selling Jurado (4M euros), thus raising funds to get in a totally new coaching and scouting staff. In december I sold Seitaridis (9M euros) and brought in Flamini(loan), Simpson(loan) and Alou Diarra (12.5M). Went on to fight a very close fight with Valencia and Sevilla for places 3 and 4. Real Madrid and especially Barca were just in a class of their own.

Finally finished 4th, thus claiming an ECL spot for the 2nd season. Did wel in the Spanish Cup, losing the final to Barca 1-4. Biggest surprise was the uefa cup: I managed to win this 2-0 against Bayern Munich, eliminating Sporting, Lazio and AS Roma in the process icon_cool.gif So at least the supporters love me.

Biggest disappointment of the season was Maxi Rodriguez' decision to not renew his contract and go to ManUtd on a free. Right now I'm in a hectic transfer period, with a few very good bids put in for Aguero (60M euros) and Perea. My chairman already accepted a 28M bid for Raul Garcia, so my team will get a major overhaul for the 2nd season. I'll post some screenies when the transfer window shuts close.

Wow, Pablo - who I thought to be quite loyal - requested to be transfer listed to 'further his career'. So, these are the transfers at the beginning of the 2nd season:

catlticomadridsadtransfjn4.th.png

And this is the tactic I'm about to play:

catlticomadridsadatmadrcp6.th.png

I did win the Spanish Super cup (last minute penalty against Barca) and the European Super Cup (also against Barca). Qualified for the group stages of the ECL, so I'm ready for a blast of a 2nd season. I just hope the players will start to gel quickly, as there are so many new faces.

hi.. i'm in season 3..

season 1&2 won the league.. but got knocked out of the spanish cup and european cups

my 'best' eleven (would like comments, if i've overlooked other better players)

GK Federico Agliardi (bought from Palermo)

DR Rafinha

DL Antonio Lopez

DC Pablo

DC Andrea Barzagli (bought from Palermo)

MC Mascherano (signed for free)

MC Maxi Rodriguez

MR A. Gyan

ML Simao

FC Sergio Aguerio

FC Fred (signed from Lyon)

Subs

GK Barbosa

DR Juan Valera

DC Aythami (signed for free)

Mc Lorik Cana (trained to play as DC as well)

MC Darren Gibson (signed for free)

MC Jose Jurado

MR Miguel/Valera

i play a 4-4-2, focus passing down the flanks, with the fullbacks getting forward.

i currently have 62 mil transfer budget because i promised to deliver the league title for the 3rd time in a row....

i was thinking of getting a new MR so Gyan can be my third striker... dont want to buy another one.. because all are relatively young...

there's a good youth striker/AMC, labled to be the next Kaka, so he will be in my 1st team as a back-up.. cant remember his name off hand.

any suggestions on a MR? got a bid rejected for C. Ronaldo, bid 40 mil upfront and 60 mil in 24 month installments... Joaqium has gone to chelsea... Silva has gone to Arsneal

is Nani any good? his physical stats are far from Ronaldo's and he is not as good in the air

Just started as Atletico and I am absolutly astounded by the quality of AMs in the squad and number: Simao, Maxi Rodriguez, Luis Garcia, Aguero, Reyes, Raul Garcia, Santana, Jurado

Currently playing the following as first choice(although the front four change so often its stupid)

----------Leo Franco-----------

Ferreira-Pablo/Perea-Samba-Lopez/Pernia

----Makoun---Raul Garcia----MC with barrows

Rodriguez/Simao--Rodriguez/Aguero/Reyes/Luis Garcia-Simao/Luis Garcia/ Reyes

Reyes/Forlan/Aguero/Mista

Any suggestions on improvements that would be cheap?

I'm nearing December 2nd season, doing awesome in the league unbeaten after 13 games - 12 wins / 1 draw (vs Levante 2-2 ) hope it will stay so till the end. Major wins:

vs Barcelona 2-0 Away !! icon_redface.gif was really amazed

vs Zaragoza 6-2

Sevilla, Valencia and Real are in front of me hope to win vs them icon_smile.gif

In Champions League currently 2nd after Man UTD but I have same points as them. Won 2-0 with them home, lost 3-0 at Old Trafford pity I lost all three goals in 80min+ :/. Hope to win the group and get an easier rival.

Alou Diarra is now out for 3months :/ and I'm bringing Luci from Juventus for free to replace Alou for some time. And Aguero is a monster, this time he really is unstopable 13 games 17 goals 8,31 sick !

Cheers !

how does the debt affect every1s bank balance for atletico?? how do you improve it without the obvious being successful and not going o.t.t on transfers. anyone have a successful tactic to use to accomodate the abundance of attackers in this side??

thanks

Archived