[Singapore] Unofficial FM2011 S-League only Data Update

frutloopz

Hi All

Please note that this is not comprehensive update for the leagues of the world, this is just for the Singaporean League which is generally poorly researched and very very rarely updated, it may not be the most popular league in the game to play with but there are a fair few such as myself who enjoys playing in the native leagues, so this meant for them.

After working on this for the past 5 weeks, it has reached a point where I think its ready to be shared but by no means is it the final product!

There is still a fair amount of work left but I have tried to include as much as I possibly can

The whole motivation behind this is to provide this update to SI as base for them to use for the next iteration of this much loved game, to that effect, I will list what has been changed, what needs to be changed, what I will attempt to change and what will not be changed

Changes Done

- Transfers in: I am confident that I have covered at least 95% of the transfers in to the
  league, ideally, with your help, I can make this 100%
- Transfers Out: Generally, where I am able to find the information, the players who have
  moved out of the leagues have been placed at their present club or free transferred 
  where applicable, Often, information of this is not widely available (or I just havent been 
  able to find it) so in those instances, I just free transfer them
- Corrected Postions: This is based on the matches I have seen, both live and on TV, the
  match reports and sites like switch play, so it may not be the most accurate but again,
  hopefully with you help, this can be corrected to as close to 100% as possible
- Squard numbers have been updated
- Corrected staff: Based on information thats on the clubs website and the sleague.com
 (mostly sleague.com)
- Corrected board members: Based on information thats on the clubs website and the 
 sleague.com (mostly sleague.com)
- Created additional players: both prime league and foreign players playing in the 
 S-Leagues as well as backroom staff and board members were applicable lost track of the
 number of people created but should be close to about 80-100
- For the created players, on a case by case basis, I am looking for realistic suggestions 
 for CA/PA and for "selected" attributes

Changes to be done:

- League rules: Currently, for some strange reason, players from Macau are not considered
 foreign and do not take up one of the foreign player slot if signed, generally, this is not a 
 problem since the calibre of the Macau players in the DB is very very low and hardly 
 ever get signed by any of the local clubs but this still needs correcting
- League Rules: If my attempt at creating an active Prime League (pls read below) proves 
 successful, I will correct the S-league rules to allow for only 4 foreign players in the SL
 and 2 in the PL from the current 6 in the SL that is in the game, if my attempt with the
 PL fails, I will set the limit to 5 as a comprimise
- Histories, Stats and Figures: Correct/update appearances, goals and historical
 information for the players and the league(s) as a whole, will need all the help I can get 
 from you guys for this cos honestly, as much as love local footy and footy in general, my 
 knowledge in this area is limited
- Activate the NFL: This is actually quite easy but the club information is not easy to find,
 ideally, I would like to not just activate the NFL(thats the easy part) but to also have 
 correct staff and player information (that the real hard part!) and once again, hopefully 
 you guys can assist on that

Changes to be attempted

- Recreating a active Prime League with accurate rules, this will go a long way in youth 
 development in the game and for a more richer experience IMHO
- Updating the NFL club information

Changes that will not be done

- Player attributes for existing players, for the time being, I will not be touching the CA/PA 
 and/or individual attributes, everyone has different opinions on what they should be and 
 its always a subject for contention, not to say that SI have done a great job mind you, 
 the researcher has not done a terrible job but neither has he done a very good one,    
 there are a few players that have been fairly well researched, such as Ahmad Latiff, 
 Prob due to his stint in the HK league (where the researcher is based) and a few of the 
 higher reputation NT players but there are too many players with inaccurate attributes, 
 and worse still, totally blank attributes. In the future, depending on how this whole 
 endeavour turns out, I may revisit this perhaps and work on the attributes then

Now, having said all that, the link to dbc is below, please guys, do test run it and give me feedback and information

Download Here!!

Sources of information:

www.kallangroar.com: Transfers & Rumours Thread and Individual Club Threads

SLeague Homepage & Sleague Clubs Homepage

The Football Portal for the Premier League and Transfer Rumour Forum transfermarkt.co.uk

Switch Play!

S-league: Facts & Figures

And various web searches and facebook!

Hey frutloopz thanks for the update sure save me a lot of work with the S League updates.

I am trying to incorporate a promotion/relegation system with the NFL though, hope it will work

Hey frutloopz thanks for the update sure save me a lot of work with the S League updates.

I am trying to incorporate a promotion/relegation system with the NFL though, hope it will work

Glad I could help! and good luck with the NFL, its in my todo list (but without the promotion/relegation) but my next focus will be to have a working Prime League system.

Anyways, do keep us posted and good luck!

Etoile qualifies for the AFC Champions League?

Unfortunately, for now, yes, this is as it is in the game, I do intend to redo the S-league to try and correct some of the rules where I can, its in the pipeline and during that time, I will try to correct the AFC qualifications, although, I am not sure if I can do anything about it.

Archived