[FM11] Godfoten

Gundo

Viking FK- Tippeligaen - 2019

viking.png

It was another succesful season in Norway's top flight as we managed to finish in third spot again for the second season running. Rosenborg seem to be miles ahead in terms of strengh of squad and who they can attract. Having said that, we were in with a chance at the half way stage, it was only when Europa League fixtures kicked in theat we really struggled for form and we dropped right away.

Superfinalen

Superfinalen was again added to the Viking trophy cabinet, it was achieved on penalties after a 0-0 aet with Tippeligaen champions Rosenborg.

We didn't have the best of times in this season NM Cup and was crashed at the QF stage, going down 3-2 to IK Start.

Great experience for us this year with our progression into to group stage of the Europa League with ties away at the likes of the San Siro and Şükrü Saracoğlu, were just magical even though they ending in defeat.

Players of note...

- My boy was in top form again and capainted the side superbly.

- the pacey winger was again instrumental throughout the season.

- at 925k he is our most expensive signing to date and has impressed early.

- brilliant darting runs and energy from the heart of the midfield, scored some excellent long shots.

- interesting signing from England this one, he soon won the the fans over with his goals.

Next Season...

Better NM Cup run, Further in Europe and close the gap on Rosenborg in the league.

Season  Club                League                   Finish      Achievements     
2011    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    5th        -     
2012    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    5th        -     
2013    Brodd IL            2,divisjon Avdeling 3    4th        -     
2014    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    2nd        -    
2015    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 2    1st        Promoted!   
2016    Brodd IL            Adeccoligaen             2nd        Promoted!  
2017    Viking FK           Adeccoligaen             1st        Champions!NM Cupen Winners 
2018    Viking FK           Tippeligaen              3rd        NM Cupen Winners,Superfinalen.
2019    Viking FK           Tippeligaen              3rd        Superfinalen.

Thanks guys. I haven't actually played FM a great deal this last month, so it's been kind of refreshing to get going on it again.:)

AK22 The point in Milan was indeed an epic result, my proudest moment yet in Europe. No sooner had the draw been announced and I had noticed that fixture it brought memories flooding back of Rosenborg's memorable 2-1 victory over Milan in Turin irl in the '96 Champions League.:cool:

Thanks guys. I haven't actually played FM a great deal this last month, so it's been kind of refreshing to get going on it again.:)

AK22 The point in Milan was indeed an epic result, my proudest moment yet in Europe. No sooner had the draw been announced and I had noticed that fixture it brought memories flooding back of Rosenborg's memorable 2-1 victory over Milan in Milan(?) irl in the '96 Champions League.:cool:

You have been doing well! Any chance of beating RBK to the title next season?

You have been doing well! Any chance of beating RBK to the title next season?

Well at the halfway stage it's looking like this. I believe it is still possible, but when the Europa league kicks in that my hinder our chances significantly!:(

Good solid start to our World Cup Qualifying campaign.

norqfix.png

France who lead the group are ranked number 1 in the FIFA Rankings, we have just moved up 10 places to 33rd following those three results.

Viking FK- Tippeligaen - 2020

viking.png

Despite our early exit from the Europa League helping our domestic form, it wasn't enough to help us catch the Reigning champions Rosenborg. In all honesty it never fealt like we could challenge them this season and we are in my opinion still 2 or 3 players away from catching them. We actually slipped to fourth in the Tippeligaen compared to our previous - third and third place finishes, so that was slightly disappointing. Former club Brodd finally got relegated from the Tippeligaen, with a squad that retained not one single player from my regime!!

Cupen

Nightmare draw this year against Rosenborg in the third round and we went out battling in a 0-1 defeat at the Viking Stadion.

Another dissapointment after last seaons exploits of the group stages in the Europa League, we did manage to put up a valiant effort angaint FC Utrecht of the Netherlands though, eventually losing on away goals in a 2-2 agg loss.

Players of note...

- Quieter season by his standards this term, but still played his part nevertheless.

- Good solid season from our record signing at left back as he continues to attract attention from clubs across Europe (Everton, Watford, Nantes ect). I also called this guy up to the Norway squad, were he earned his first caps.

- Player of the year by some way in my book, scored many a long range thunderbolt. He also ended up with first and second place in the Tippeligaen goal of the season awards.

- Impressive record of clean sheets, already had a couple of call ups for Norway before I took charge and is a firm member of the International setup under my mine reign thus far.

Next Season...

After the disappointment of this season, I think I'm going to go for one final assault on the Tippeligaen Title and try to knock Rosenborg off the top. The Norwegian Cup will be a big priority again, as I try to win it for the third time with Viking. No Europe this season either because of the winners of the NM Cup, so that is a pretty huge blow.

Season  Club                League                   Finish      Achievements 
 2011    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    5th        - 
 2012    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    5th        - 
 2013    Brodd IL            2,divisjon Avdeling 3    4th        -
 2014    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3    2nd        - 
 2015    Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 2    1st        Promoted!
 2016    Brodd IL            Adeccoligaen             2nd        Promoted!
 2017    Viking FK           Adeccoligaen             1st        Champions!NM Cupen Winners 
 2018    Viking FK           Tippeligaen              3rd        NM Cupen Winners,Superfinalen. 
 2019    Viking FK           Tippeligaen              3rd        Superfinalen.
 2020    Viking FK           Tippeligaen              4th        -       

What's happened to AaFK?

Good luck with the next season. Do you feel that you'll have to bring in many new players to really give RBK a fight for the title?

They've had one decent season were they finished 3rd in the Tippeligaen a few years back, but have mostly occupied mid to lower half of the table in my save.

I think I can go close if I can get two guys in that are better than what we've got, I know what areas need strengthening but it won't be easy with my Scandinavians only policy.

I love it when your Board eventually crumble to a request you made. I needed a bigger scouting range, finding it a real struggle with Scandinavian only players only, so I will be hopefully adding Uk/Australian/New Zealand players to my squad soon.:)

Gundo's Norway

[font=&quot]| Pkd     | Inf     | Name                    | Position            | Club         | Height  | Weight  | Age     | Value   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| [/font]
 [font=&quot]| GK      |         | Øystein Øvretveit       | GK                  | Viking       | 185 cm  | 85 kg   | 27      | £180K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| [/font]
 [font=&quot]| DR      |         | Vegar Eggen Hedenstad   | D/WB (R), M (RC)    | Lille        | 178 cm  | 71 kg   | 30      | £4M     | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| DCR     |         | Fredrik Semb            | D (C)               | Sunderland   | 193 cm  | 88 kg   | 31      | £2.4M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| DCL     |         | Thomas Rogne            | D (RC)              | Aston Villa  | 190 cm  | 86 kg   | 31      | £1M     | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| DL      | Wnt     | Hallvar Gashi           | D (L)               | Viking       | 187 cm  | 82 kg   | 25      | £220K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| MR      |         | Stian Løseth            | M/AM (RL)           | Lens         | 182 cm  | 77 kg   | 25      | £1.8M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| MCR     |         | Ruben Yttergård Jenssen | M (C)               | Zenit        | 173 cm  | 70 kg   | 33      | £650K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| MCL     | Inj     | Markus Henriksen        | M/AM (C)            | Atlético B   | 185 cm  | 84 kg   | 28      | £3.5M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| ML      |         | Fredrik Eriksen         | M/AM (LC)           | CSKA Moscow  | 174 cm  | 70 kg   | 25      | £11.5M  | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| STCR    |         | Marcus Pedersen         | ST                  | Numancia     | 181 cm  | 72 kg   | 31      | £275K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| STCL    | Inj     | Snorre Rønningen        | AM (RC), ST         | Huddersfield | 191 cm  | 88 kg   | 26      | £3.7M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S1      |         | Sean McDermott          | GK                  | Red Star     | 183 cm  | 78 kg   | 28      | £1.2M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S2      |         | Magnar Ødegaard         | D (RC)              | Roma         | 184 cm  | 80 kg   | 28      | £2.1M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S3      |         | Gjermund Åsen           | D/WB (L), M/AM (LC) | Aachen       | 181 cm  | 63 kg   | 30      | £1.2M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S4      |         | Stefan Johansen         | AM (RL), ST         | Rosenborg    | 180 cm  | 77 kg   | 30      | £1.3M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S5      |         | Espen Børufsen          | M (LC), AM (L)      | Rayo         | 178 cm  | 81 kg   | 33      | £700K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S6      |         | Mushaga Bakenga         | AM (L), ST          | Rosenborg    | 180 cm  | 72 kg   | 28      | £725K   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S7      |         | Valon Berisha           | M/AM (C)            | Köln         | 179 cm  | 73 kg   | 28      | £1.4M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| S8      |         | Harmeet Singh           | M/AM (C)            | Aachen       | 180 cm  | 71 kg   | 30      | £1.9M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]| -       |         |                         |                     |              |         |         |         |         | [/font]
 [font=&quot]|         |         | Thomas Drage            | M/AM (C)            | Everton      | 175 cm  | 61 kg   | 29      | £3.4M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]|         | Wnt     | Fredrik Midtsjø         | M/AM (C)            | Viking       | 177 cm  | 75 kg   | 27      | £1.5M   | [/font]
 [font=&quot]|         |         |                         |                     |              |         |         |         |         | [/font]

NorwayNorway_Fixtures.pngNorwayNorway_Fixtures-2.png

My most promising signing to date, he joins in 2 days time - Mads Seerup. My scouts rate him as being 'a star for Tippeligaen teams' and 'potential to be alot better than Landu-Landu (my current best Midfielder)'. 5 stars Potential rating.

Signed for 1.7 million in a Monthly instalments deal from FC Midtjylland in Denmark.

My most promising signing to date, he joins in 2 days time - Mads Seerup. My scouts rate him as being 'a star for Tippeligaen teams' and 'potential to be alot better than Landu-Landu (my current best Midfielder)'. 5 stars Potential rating.

Signed for 1.7 million in a Monthly instalments deal from FC Midtjylland in Denmark.

Looks like a great signing. Hope this will strengthen your squad so you can retain the domestic title.

And nice that you are in charge of Norway. Are you playing Egil Drillo Olsen tactics with them or do you allow a bit more creativety? :)

And please take us to the world cup. :)

Viking FK June 2017 - November 2021

Well my reign in Norwegian club football is finally over after resigning with just five games remaining of the 2021 season. I still feel Rosenborg are years off being caught and with that in mind I resigned and set my sights on my next venture in my career...

My attention turned to Italy and in particular one club caught my eye the last few months; ChievoVerona. I'd mentioned them in my opening post as a possible managerial destination, so seeing them strugglingin 2a Divisione it was a waiting game until the current manager got the boot. Three weeks later and boss Serse Cosmi was sacked, enter me - who applied and got the job four days later.

Because I was subscribed to news content I already knew that they had been taken over by a Chilean Tycoon two months previous. Interestingly, their assistant manager; the Chilean Davide Pizzaro was the clubs assistant manager. I wonder if the takeover was in some way linked to this? Anyway he will be retained as he looks fairly decent.

I am excited to be at a club that is owned by a Tycoon, however the measly £1,400 is the only transfer budget I got to start with! Maybe I'll have to prove myself in order to secure more funds.

[h=1][/h]

And nice that you are in charge of Norway. Are you playing Egil Drillo Olsen tactics with them or do you allow a bit more creativity? :)

And please take us to the world cup. :)

Our WCQ campaign ending in disappointment, we did take it down to the final group game and a win would of been enough for a play-off spot. But we suffered a disastrous home defeat to Slovakia, shot count; Nor 23 - 3 Slo. It was heartbreaking to watch and highly frustrating!

I have decided to stay on and after the FA was fairly pleased we had managed to be competitive in our group.

First caps for:

Fredrik Midtsjø and Per Christian Myhre of Viking FK.

chievo.jpg

Associazione Calcio Chievo Verona[2] (more commonly called Chievo Verona or simply Chievo) is an professional Italian football club named after and based in Chievo, a suburb of 2,800 inhabitants in Verona, Veneto, and owned by Paluani, a cake company and the inspiration for their original name, Paluani Chievo. The club is nicknamed alternatively Gialloblu, Mussi volanti or Ceo, and shares the 38,402 seater Marcantonio Bentegodi stadium with its cross-town rivals Hellas Verona.
from wiki.

I join them as they sit in 16th (of 18) in the table, with a media prediction of 6th.

Congrats with the new job. Always liked Chievo. I feel they are a bit like Italys Wimbledon.

Unlucky with the game against Slovakia. But making Norway have 23 shots is still quite an effort.

A.C. Chievo Verona - Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A - 2021/22

chievo.jpg

New Beginnings...

Joined the flying donkeys with 16 games played and with them deep in trouble in the relegation places in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A. Chievo have always been my favourite Italian club, so it was a nice choice to join them. Recently taken over by a Chilean Tycoon who brought his entire boardroom with him, shortly before I arrived. Despite that I wasn't given a transfer budget and our wages were overspent by 5k! I didn't/couldn't strengthen my squad in the January transfer window. Despite all the negatives, we managed to climb the table and finish 8th in the league.

Facilities.

Unfortunately named star striker.

Ass. Man - David Pizzaro.

Next Season

Intrigued (hopeful) of a decent budget next season...

Season      Club                League                              Finish         Achievements/Notes 
 2011      Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3               5th            - 
 2012      Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3               5th            - 
 2013      Brodd IL            2,divisjon Avdeling 3               4th            - 
 2014      Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 3               2nd            - 
 2015      Brodd IL            2.divisjon Avdeling 2               1st            Promoted! 
 2016      Brodd IL            Adeccoligaen                        2nd            Promoted!   
 2017      Viking FK           Adeccoligaen                        1st            Champions!NM Cupen Winners    
 2018      Viking FK           Tippeligaen                         3rd            NM Cupen Winners,Superfinalen. 
 2019      Viking FK           Tippeligaen                         3rd            Superfinalen.   
 2020      Viking FK           Tippeligaen                         4th            -
 2021      Viking FK           Tippeligaen                         5th            Left with 5 games to play
 2021/22   A.C. Chievo Verona  Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A   8th            Joined 16 games into the season

Archived